Enough with male lipstick already!

@angelight313_168 - When I was younger (ok , I’m dating myself hahaha) - I don’t think “Idol dramas” are a trend in the US but I did watch - Dawson’s Creek and MTV’s Real World and Road Rules :sweat_smile: oh and “My So Called Life”

I guess “Idol school” is like a “stepping stone” to acting in SK and it’s a pipeline for the next K star? I heard it’s so brutal though and they don’t “get paid” while they are in training. They make huge sacrifices and it’s not always a guarantee.

I don’t think I can do Idol Dramas either but I did enjoy Dream High 1, I can’t relate to that demographic anymore.

:sweat_smile: I think male make up is something that I am still getting used to it. I on the other hand, am “equal opportunity” as I have an appreciation for male beauty across ethnicities :smile:. But I think this male make up in SK is fueled by these celebrities too - the image that they are projecting - I think same holds true for women and body image issues…

@vivi_1485 - :+1:t4: maybe it’s a cue for these producers, writers and directors that the younger audience does not buy into the “cookie cutter” shallow stories. There needs to be depth in their stories and characters.

3 Likes

I started watching Lost Romance last night and there was one female character who was wearing so much lipstick that there obviously was none left for those poor guys. :thinking::joy:

3 Likes

oh boy ONE IN A MILLION!!! :joy:

2 Likes

I was watching the Documentary from Black Pink and is sad to see that this parents are willing to send this girls from 11 to 16 years old to train as singers or acting and don’t get a salary unless of course they become famous.

These girls are so mature, and have a good head on their shoulder, but it’s obvious they are not happy at all. Fame in Asian countries come at a very hefty price. Any parent that let’s her young child to stranger doesn’t deserve any respect.

@mirjam_465 Have you seen the one from STRANGER 1 &2? UGH that deep red/burgundy lipstick on that face with no eyeliner and so pale is not pleasant to see. The Director would have to kill me to force me to wear such a disparage of make up? If we can call that make up.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen them. Do you recommend them (apart from the lipstick)?

Lol, that would be a zombie movie then, I guess. :rofl:

3 Likes

Black Pink is growing on me and I love how much support they are getting esp from American female artists.

I kind of got that idea when I saw " The Producers" and IU’s character (but probably true to her life too) - “selling their souls” pre teen to train. Honestly not sure if it’s worth it…

@mirjam_465 :rofl: make up artists will have a fit because they ran out of male lipstick…

2 Likes

STRANGER part 1 I would recommend to you 100% although the FL never grew on me, and I wonder if she’ll ever… because she’s the culprit of pale face with deep dark lipstick (she begins with no make up whatsoever) They make her look so weird at times (like always females never win a fair game).Her ‘‘makeup’’ is in my eyes a huge malfunction, and her role feels somewhat weird too lol.

Btw, PRIVATE LIVES is awesome! That one is a winner in my book. I see an award coming.
I can’t get enough of a Spanish series titled [THE BARRIER/LA VAYA ] It gets better with each passing episode.

Right now, I’m watching a Russian series titled [TO THE LAKE] I’m shocked how much I liked this series that is about a virus in Moscow.

I’m doing all this drama watching and painting so many things (I had gold and white before), and changed now to black with dark antique gold. If you watch YT they have LONE FOX that guy is beyond words in modern deco and YOUDUV ( she’s african american) makes amazing mirrors and chair with amazon/any kind of hard corrugated box. They have a girl from India that makes gorgeous stuff too she has great taste in modern ‘‘furniture’’ a.must see. Oops…went off topic lol

2 Likes

You’re going to like Matteo Boccelli (Andrea’s son)
Matteo%20Boccelli%2002

5 Likes

Oh yes :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Aww, yes, supercute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m glad I’m not alone in liking them, and I’m happy he has true fans who like him for who he is, and as he is. :+1: :smiley: :raised_hands:

#protectdumboears

4 Likes

I wonder why the ears are so protruded, pointy or somewhat deformed. My theory is that in order to reshape their eyes and other facial features when doing plastic surgery that they push and pull, causing the ears to change shape too. Like the guy from private lives his left ear looks nothing like his right ear. There’s one actor that is the cutest thing, but the ears are really flugly, but thank goodness he’s so cute that you don’t notice it until the damn camera gives them a close up to the ear section no less!!!

If I was the actor/actress I would tell them you give a close up to my ears and you’ll be knocked out in a minute. Tell me…who gives a d*mn close up to ears? Are they doing it on purpose? Does that makes sense?

The girls for example: they can cover them with their long hair but noooo…they tuck the hair in back of their saucer size ears and it may be cute on boys but girls is another story. I mean they have plastic surgery to fake biceps so why not plastic surgery for ears?

They are so sweet and cute and we don’t see it, but I wonder and hope they are not self conscious about it. There’s a few scenes where you can see what I’m talking about.

I don’t know about that theory, but Chanyeol has had those ears since childhood…
Mostly I never really bother with physical features and I honestly don’t like TCs which ridicule/comment on their features. It’s not our problem whether they should do plastic surgery or not. As long as they are happy and secure about who they are, their characters and talent will shine brighter than their looks. I feel so sad when artists think they don’t look good without makeup. If people expect them to look perfect 24/7, thats just wrong and hurtful to them.
What I’ve noticed is that if you watch them for longer, or start loving them, they automatically look better, idk if its just me. Like when I first saw Lee Joon Gi I thought he looked weird but after watching him for five hours and absolutely LOVING his acting, he started to look more and more handsome! :grin:If everyone loved everyone for:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: who they were, no one would have the need to be self-concious.

hello, fellow EXO-L!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

This applies not only to our beloved actors, but also to people in our environment.

3 Likes

Yep, I first created this theory because of a real person :sweat_smile: don’t ask for details, it’s part of my sad love life :joy:

3 Likes

Okay, I won’t ask, but I will give you a hug to reduce the sadness.

4 Likes

awww thanks!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

The same thing happened to me with Lee Joon ki bc his ears are really unavoidable to miss but he’s such a sweetheart that is like they disappear. I adore taecyeon (the guy) but his ears are so there and are a bit distracting, but his loving smile and personality makes me wander away from looking at them.

There’s an actor that’s missing a piece of his left ear (on top) I can’t understand why he doesn’t repair that one since a piece missing can be replaced with some cartilage or something. Maybe fixing the ears are really expensive…?

No matter what, I’m not criticizing the ears I’m just questioning why they don’t fix them like they fix so many other things. If I have the money i would make a whole new me.

2 Likes

Just an observation, I know it’s none of my business but the actor from 9-tailed is very good looking - he does not look real :joy: , had he had his lids done? He honestly looks a lot like a Korean John Mayer, I’m a John Mayer fan :grin:

I noticed thought that in 9-tailed, they kind of pulled away from the fuschia tone, they are using coral tones now :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

wow…never noticed his ears though…mostly was caught up looking at his eyes-- they’re different too :grin:

2 Likes

Oh hey, this ‘westerner’ is not confused at all by those shower scenes and who their market is. lol

3 Likes