Family research anyone?

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

OK I know no one is really interested in this one Just wish we could find something that could be interesting here

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

1 Like

Did you ever find an unknown relative that was still alive?

1 Like

neat question, nad no I haven’t, think I am going to contact some ancestry people and family search and see if theres an answer.

1 Like

heres a couple of copies for you to read,

I have an actual missing person in my family tree. My grandmother’s uncle disappeared while out chopping wood one day. Never seen or heard from again. By all accounts he was not a nice man. Family lore is he was probably killed by a neighbor he’d angered. I thought I found him in the census, but that was a cousin with the same name.

I’ve found a 2x great aunt no one knew about. Died as an infant and no one ever mentioned her.

Yes found 2 aunts in my husbands tree and no one seemed to know about them

Kim Parks

Top contributor

I found a sister to my 3xGGF through a 6th cousin. It doesn’t sound significant but no one had made the connection between the two families before (even the 6th cousin). Unfortunately it did not lead me to the identity of their parents or where in Ireland they are from but it is a significant piece of the puzzle.

Found a couple of my 1st cousins. My uncle divorced then signed away all parental rights. Wife remarried and my cousins stepdad adopted them and their names were changed. 60 years later, their stepdad’s obit appears as a hint,as I plugged in info that I knew, found my cousins on ■■■■■■■■.

FB
a fyi

Watson, methinks a mystery is afoot!!!

awesome! And bet theres more like this!

a question for anyone, is there any German folk on here? Swedes, Irish, English, American, and others, why can’t we do research for others? help out in these mysteries?? I think that would be fun!

1 Like

I am just awe struck by the amount of peoples involved over 400 year just to get a one person out in this generation……… then what will it take the 8Billion population on the earth to be born…Its just overwhelming

1 Like

to ber sure theres someone that likes to do genealogy besides me!!

1 Like

Wikitree also is free

I checked this out. and that worldgenweb project. is what it says, can’t wait, hopefully someone here will check it out for me as well! And yes do the www. address. the others seems legit as well

ok I clicked on some and they look good to me, of course I hope the other side of the world can use these as well

3 Likes

Mary, isn’t your research great inspiration for a novel?

2 Likes

yes! I would love to write “genealogy mysteries” like some of my fav authors do.

2 Likes

Do it. Just start. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

check my writing link, I just did

2 Likes

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2 Likes

a cool history lesson too!

3 Likes