First drama?

My very first drama was Mary Stayed Out All Night but I wasn’t paying attention very much. It was only until about a year later when I watched BOF and I got hooked. I ended up re-watching Mary Stayed Out All Night later on and loved it to pieces after I actually gave it a proper chance

Same here. I had just watched Hana Yori Dango (the Japanese version of BOF) and wanted to see the Korean version since I couldn’t get enough, and there began my journey into the kdrama land…

1 Like

Hooray! I’m so glad I’m not alone in the BOF club!

You are so funny! I liked that drama and loved the main guy hahah… She was quinda cute too.

My very first KOREAN DRAMA was Star in my heart with Ahn Jae Wook and late Choi Jin Sil. It’s a '97 production, quite old but very nice and enjoyable. Actors were good in acting, the story was nice and the music from the drama was the start of my addiction to listen to korean music. It was the my first time watching a korean production and get addicted to korean “all in” (drama, movie, music, culture, history) since, somewhere in year 2009, same year i created my account on viki.

1 Like

My first drama was secret agent erica and then coffee prince. My friends always tried to get me hooked but i kinda never tried. I found one while looking for anime and I have never stopped. My friends and i have a k-drama addicts group its a huge problem for us. Eepecially when we have a test the next day and a k-drama was updated.

its Playful Kiss…my friend recommend a bunch of Korean dramas to watch among all i got attracted towards its title …but then i loved it and journey continued and now within 3 months i watched more than 30 dramas i m addicted now LOL

how come i don’t about it :(…
i will watch it now…
can you suggest any other dramas …among your fav…?

the first drama that I’ve watched was “FATED TO LOVE YOU” Taiwanese drama starring Ethan Ruan and Joe Chen. I really hate Asian dramas before but when my bestfriend influenced me to watch fated to love you I became addicted to it and even bought a cd to watched it many times. my sleepless nights begun :smiley:

2 Likes

I always thought that the first drama I watched was Boys Over Flowers.
But I recently remembered that in 2005 (I was 13 year old xD) while I was watching some Google videos (there wasn’t youtube yet, or maybe there was and I didn’t know it), I began to see a video by mistake, in which the characters spoke in a language unknown to me. That was the korean “Delightful Sassy Girl Choon Hyang”. It was really hard to see it on google videos because the video loaded very slowly and often I was forced to ask my sisters to spend more time at the pc to watch it (We had only one computer >___<).
I remember I spent entire afternoos to watch it ^

The first drama for me was Full House with Bi Rain. I found this drama very funny and cute so I asked a friend to give me other drama to watch and I became a really K-drama addict after watching BOF, it’s such an amazing drama!

First Drama that inspires me to be addicted with Korean series is the “Spring Waltz”, which until now I never tired of watching it for the 5th time I think… The story, OST, artists and started loving the culture of Korea!!!

my very first drama was “Jewel in the Palace” amazing drama and story and my second amazing drama was “Stairway to heaven” Beautiful drama…you must see it if they are available in your country

wow I’m trying to remember here, but I think my very first was “Extravagant Challenge”… lol. yes I know It was bad, but I only watched it cause it was the drama version of the Skip Beat manga /anime, then I thought these dramas sucks! so I went back to Japanese and I saw Hana Yori Dango,Zettai Kareshi and more but after a long time I didn’t tried the Koreans lol, so the first Kdrama I saw was of course… I fell in the BOF curse cause of HYD lol

1 Like

The Korean Version of the Playful Kiss. I was just browsing thru Netflix looking for something to watch and pulled up the Playful Kiss. My 25 year old daughter is adopted from Korea…at any rate she make this yawwwwah sound which I had never heard anywhere else and had decided it must be a sound that is natural to her throat structure…Well as I was listening to Playful Kiss not really paying much attention one of the actors made that sound…and I was hooked. I still can’t get my daughter interested in watching as she doesn’t like to sit and read. She is a “got things to do and places to go type of person.” My second was Boys to Flowers and now I have branched out into Taiwanese, Chinese and Thai shows. I’ve only watched one from Latin America, but it didn’t have the same draw for me…I guess because I live in Texas so that is not a new culture for me.

I think my first drama was My Girl and The Prince Who Turns Into a Frog.
My Girl was on Tv (here/chinese station) but it was dubbed in cantonese and no subs so although it seemed interesting I couldn’t understand it. Plus I had no internet so it was just another thing on tv for me. Then the same station showed another drama The Prince Who Turns Into a Frog (taiwanese) which did have subtitles and I followed that one diligently even on the days when it didn’t have subs. On a boring day years later (when I did have internet) I found My Girl and so my drama addiction started :slight_smile:

That’s why I really like Viki’s motto Bringing down language barriers that stand between great entertainment

Full House was great and so funny. I love that drama. Bi and his co-star, Song Hye Kyo were so cute. Even the drama was not so professional like those that air on these days, it’s one i won’t forget never ever. BOF, that was great too. I watched alone, than togheter with my sister, after that again with her and our cousin :)) It was every time like first time. Enjoying fully. It’s like a manga story, but worth to watch. After that, Lee Min Hoo shoot so many great dramas. Now i’m waiting for Heirs, i am sure will rock. Even he’s not my fav actor, i like him acting.

The first drama I watched was Stairway to Heaven a few years back but I only saw a couple of episodes and then dropped it.
The first one I finished was Lie to Me.

“A sound that is natural to her throat structure”…LMAO!!!. You crack me up XD

I’m with you on these statements.
Same feelings here about Meteor Garden, but it was my first drama that got me into all of this :slight_smile: