First drama?

My brother kept telling me to watch a Japanese film called “Summer Snow”. I did and thought it was touching but I wasn’t quite hooked. Korean culture always spoke to me much more. Then my brother told me to watch “Spring Waltz”, a Korean drama. I was reluctant because it felt like homework. Finally after him bugging me for months I put the drama on and could NOT stop watching it. I mean I watched that thing nearly straight through. I fell in love with the story, the color pallet for the film which to this day has had such an influence on me that Spring/lemony green is now my favorite color, and the music. The rest is history. I became hooked on Kdramas. I also watch Taiwanese (if the lead girl isn’t screeching too much and acting 5 years old) Jdramas and Thai dramas. I enjoy them all. But my heart is with Korea, I use to live in Koreatown Los Angeles and that is part of it, but overall I tend to gravitate towards that culture more.

2 Likes

I can’t stop laughing…lol

1 Like

The first K-Drama I watched on TV was** “Jewel In The Palace”. I was in love with costumes. Then my sister asked me to watch “Full House” and “Creating Destiny”. This is how I stepped in K-Drama World :wink:
The first Taiwanese Drama was ** "Fated to Love You"

The first Chinese Drama was "Startling Step by Step"
The first Japanese Drama I watched on TV that Richard Chamberlain was lead actor in was “Shogun (1980)”. Then years later “Attention Please” took my attention :wink:
Japan Dramas’ creativity and acting skills are truly very good but they cannot erase strict patriarchal ruling in family. They need to soften it.
Taiwanese Dramas are No.1 to find interesting subjects. But acting and shooting skills need to improve.
I prefer Historical Chinese Dramas because others are too serious for me. I have to mention “Bruce Lee” here. He was my childhood idol by the way :wink:

WOW I really have no idea what my 1st drama was…it was back in 07. but I do remember how I reacted. I was TOTALLY new to kdrama and Korea in general. It was so different and shocking to me! I couldn’t get over the fact that the camera was in the bathroom with the actress. I thought the acting was SO over-the-top and stupid and ridiculous. And the actor was cute. In the end, I thought the story was interesting so then I watched another one. and another one. and another. and another…

That’s a really good 1st kdrama. when my friend and I introduce newbs to k drama we always show them playful kiss and it always works hehehe

Gotta admitted I fell in love in kdrama also because of playful kiss

Mine was Goongs<3

I was browsing through hulu about 4 years ago and came across “Athena Goddess of War”. I was coming off of tv shows like 24 and The Unit, so i thought this would be kool. I kinda really liked it, and my roomate at the time who was Korean suggested I also watch Iris. After that I kept going in search for my drama, and found dramafever and I’ve seen many a shows since then. Besides Athena and Irish, I would have to say that Fight is also one of my favourite dramas. I recently was kicking around the KCon website and found out about viki, this site is so much better

My first drama was Boys before flowers and my cousin was watching it and i said well let me give it a try. And if you have seen this drama you know why i am still hanging in there.

My First K-Drama Sàd love song and Siara I watched them at the same time and The Drama I Got intrested In is City hunter Because It’s a UniQue Drama and Brilliant legacy :smiley:

I’ve decided Boys over Flowers is a gateway drug. . .

My First K- Drama was Full House <3 and i still Love this so much ___________ And my second was the Japanese Drama Hana Yori Dango (BOF) I really stuck to these. These two really made me Love Dramas more than anything else in the TV in my Country.
I am not really sure about wich Drama has bring me to Viki, i just knew Viki was Viikii.net to that time, but i dont sign up to the site these years ago.

1 Like

My first drama was “A Thousand Days Promise”. That was because I had seen a movie with Kim Rae-won that I really liked, so I went looking for more of his work. “A Thousand Days Promise” is a real tear-jerker. I went threw two boxes of tissues wastching it. After that, I watched Attic Cat. That’s the one that got me hooked.

Boys Over Flowers was my first drama but Secret Garden was the one that cemented my addiction. I have come to realize that Asian dramas are like modern screwball comedies-which is one of my favorite film genres.

1 Like

Full House. I actually started out watching movies and didn’t know about dramas. Then I somehow stumbled onto Full House years ago and I’ve been watching dramas ever since.

Boys Over Flowers! Got me hooked. Its the one I always show other people, I tell them you can’t judge my drama addicting unless you watch one episode… after the 1st episode of BOF they are hooked, never failed yet.

I know me too I love anime and "boys over flowers "was my favorite and first one too

1 Like

“Lie To Me” with Yoon Eun Hye. The reason is started was because my sister was watching it and i ended up finishing the drama before her.

1 Like

well my first drama was Hana Kimi but I never really got into it until I watched Baker King. hehehe still one of my favs. so much drama! love it! XD

First drama: Hana Yori Dango