First drama?

My first drama was Playful kiss on vik’s YouTube channel… so I find Viki.com :blush:

Only by chance I came across “Sunshine Angel / Sunny Girl” (with engl. subs) on YouTube about 4 years ago. Wu Chun (with the coolest sunglasses ever) and Rainie Yang as leading actors got me hooked to the screen and since then, South Korean / Taiwanese / Chinese TV series are my favourite “program”.

this one was also my first because of anime, but also because I found it randomly on Netflix. I think it was the transition through this show from anime to drama that really got me started in dramas.

I remember so many years ago when I was into anime coming across links to Nobuta wo Produce on youtube on some blog - terrible quality but finished the whole thing in about two days (at the time the chances of that happening were really close to none, since it was a blog in my native language, and I think it was 2004 since I remember finishing HYD1 like two weeks before the 2nd season airing)
And so began a new addiction. Afterwards some Hana Yori Dango and moved across to Korean eventually… still watch some jdramas and tw but a lot less than in the beginning since jdramas are less on the romance element and tw sometimes get too silly for my taste.

I started with J-dramas I think. It’s quite a long while ago, so I’m not sure but I think my first J-drama was Kimi wa petto (2003). The drama is from 2003 but I think I only started watching Asian dramas since somewhere 2007-2010.
Then the first K-drama I have seen was probably 1% of anything (2003).
The first T-drama I watched was Hi My Sweetheart (2009).

My first Kdrama was Jewel of the Palace. I cried and was mad and cried and cussed , fell in love and continued to watched and still do now. I am hook and can’t stop watching kdramas

1 Like

my first was Pinocchio and the one I prefer is Kill-me, Heal-me !

My first drama was Faith 2012 with Lee Min Ho. on Netflix. Liked it so much I looked for other stations. Bought a Roku for my TV. After that I signed up for Vicki and Dramafever. Premium . love them both. That was about a year ago. Now I rarely watch regular tv. I have so many favorites I have lost count.

My first drama was secret garden when i was in the school and saw in one channel of my country.

1. The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2003 …At that time i like martial arts drama especially chinese kung fu

Good Doctor…medical dramas always inspired me and reason for starting seeing korean drama was also this drama and i am still crazy fan of korean and chinese drama and thats were i started to watch dramas on Viki Chanel. it was really amazing journey for me.

First Drama: Exo Next Door :joy: IK I’m so lame.:joy::joy::joy:

My first kdrama was Who are you:school 2015,
and I saw it because I had saw a video of the drama in youtube and I had liked it

My first drama was My Girl (2005)

My first drama was COFFEE PRINCE. My daughter who was 16 and liked manga, asked me to watch it with her .,so of course I agreed. I was captivated by the actors, Asian culture and then watched more via Crunchy Roll and Drama Fever, I am a grandma now and we laugh a lot about me being the drama mama. I enjoy historical dramas Korean and Chinese, I like following certain actors and will watch what they are in. Love many dramas, Secret Garden, Kingdom of the wind, Goblin, DOTS, Encounter (boyfriend), and just finished Radiant. Love to see good plots, real people and the music is often epic. Its my hobby!

My first drama, was the C drama Meteor Garden, and that’s what pulled me into this Kdrama/Cdrama world lol. And my first Kdrama, which was after i watched Meteor Garden, was Hwarang for my TaeTae!!! And for my Park Hyung-Sik!!!

Which was your first drama??

bueno pues empece a ver dramas asiáticos este año y el primero que vi fue Ashes of love, lo vi porque me pareció muy bonito y ademas tenia concepto histórico

2 Likes

My first drama non-american(whole continent)/british was “Devil Beside You” with Rainie Yang. At that time there wasn’t stream services available, and my internet connection didn’t allow me to watch videos online. So I remember paying Megaupload and getting it (one episode per week) in a online forum with english subs. I was Rainie fan, so it was a natural choice.

The first korean was Playful Kiss. I wanted to try something different and this one was a must at the time.

2 Likes

My first drama was my only love song. I needed something to cheer me up and it totally did. I still like it when I´m having a bad day. :sweat_smile::rofl:The next one was Mr. Sunshine.

2 Likes

My first Kdrama was “Something in the rain” on Netflix. I loved it so much that I began searching for others kdrama and I landed on Viki. My first drama here was “What’s wrong wih secretary Kim”, and I loved it :wink:

3 Likes