HELP Someone takes over my account

Hi, when I checked my fan collections today, I found out that an intruder has taken over my list The Boss Who Loved Me. My Followers Count is gone and it says: “Curator unknown”, its profile page is empty with only a social account with fake followers.

Really guys, this gives me the creeps. How safe is Viki’s security? Does anyone have similar problems? Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

YES we are experiencing similar things here lately. I hope you reported this already and of course we have to be cautious bc the same way they can invade our territory, who knows what more they can do. I’m starting to get nervous with this situation. This doesn’t look to me like a viki bug but more like hackers roaming around here.

I know right, these intruders are hackers for sure. But at least give me back my fan lists :thumbsdown: :angry:

2 Likes

Can’t you think a way to get it back?

PlEASE, ANYONE out there that can suggest whatever she can do to get her fan list back?

THERE has to be a way. Make another account and I will become one of your fan. Anyone else?

2 Likes

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360029167633--On-Hold-A-bunch-of-different-users-with-username-Unknown-
It’s been at least 3 weeks since these “unknown thingies” did surface. Viki has yet to come up with some news after putting it “on hold”.
You could up vote the post and push the priority that way.

@angelight313_168 Never ever create another account Viki policy! And the problem won’t subside with another account, you might just end up to be another unknown …

3 Likes

Just found out that one of my collection also changed.
https://www.viki.com/collections/1316307l-still-need-to-watch-list-by-lutra
If you look up my collections it’s like this

I am used to the faulty avatar, but the change created by unknown must have taken place, when I added Whisper to my list less than 24 hrs ago.

Hope they find a fix, it’s bugging me, that such things go on like forever, subtitles adjustments and now this “unknown” problem.

1 Like

i made these 4 all alone and it looks so
so all in all, the same like always

This one time, my drama list was randomised and some titles were deleted too. It turned out to be a bug. If it is indeed a hacker, what would he or she have to gain by messing with people’s accounts?! Credit card fraud?! Most users are volunteers. Playing a joke?! On a niche Asian drama site?!

PS: I can’t believe you didn’t add High Society to your list, but that’s alright.

1 Like

That’s a bummer, imagine I was already complaining about one list. As soon as the viki help desk comes with a solution I’ll let you know.

Hi Adrian,
Really, I don’t care WHY someone enters my personal code section, the fact he, or she, CAN is highly disturbing. Viki should catch up with these kind of tricks.

Thanks for your addition High Society, if only I could put in on my list…but alas…

1 Like

That fact that you can’t put High Society on your list IS a crime!
I strongly recommend that you report this to Viki ASAP:
https://support.viki.com

1 Like

I thought so at first, as well. I was soooo wrong, you wouldn’t believe it! There is about 20.000 volunteers, more or less active, depending how you define activity. And millions and millions of pure users.

1 Like

I agree with @adrianmorales, the “unknown” thing is most likely a bug where the system doesn’t recognise you yourself as a user. A few days ago I had an issue for a few hours where I would have to re-login every time I refresh the page or open another Viki tab.

This all took me back to the horrors of the first switch from the old type of website to the new one. Sometimes we couldn’t get into Viki for days@lutra, do you remember :confounded: :grimacing:

2 Likes

lmao Sure, they’ll put me at the top of the pile of top priorities :wink:

2 Likes

@lutra

Why can’t she make another one? The person took over hers and is no longer hers, right? The person that stole it from her owns her account now, right?. List of fans and all. What that person did is a crime and is definitely against viki site policies. Where is the justice here?

Now it happened to you, too?

1 Like

Speaking from my own experiences… After I’ve whined about it like a little baby, a Viki staffer will usually reply with a vague answer after 2-3 weeks of waiting. I still love Viki, though, because you – all of you – are a part of it. :hugging::smiley_cat:

3 Likes

@bozoli Yes, horror. And it looked so promising in the beta-version.
But I think it was yesterday, I had that too, tried to load a page, oops, logged out (kicked out). Logged back in. Tried to open another page, oops. And round, round, … I did it a few times and then decided to just watch drama. Afterwards everything was running smooth again.

I remember even the old days, when we put red and green avatars on the channels, so fewer people would jump on the episodes, and the volunteers could work on the videos, cause the server couldn’t handle the crowd … Those were the days …

2 Likes

@angelight313_168 I am positive her account is still hers and my account is mine. Believe me duplicating accounts doesn’t help. I once had to do that too, because I couldn’t do anything at all.
What is worse it is against Viki Policy now. And I had so much trouble back then. No, no one wants to go through this. Better be a bit patient. I don’t know maybe one of the teckies at Viki went berserk? How do you explain so many faulty things happening all in the past 4-6 weeks. Or are all the original teckies gone by now and no one else knows the “algorithm”?

3 Likes

i was once numbe 1 of the top50, but it wasnt my name.
that was strange

1 Like

Okay, just got a little update on the unknown issue, doesn’t seem to be easy to solve, so it might take a while. I only hope it will be resolved at all.
Just watched the news again, Notre Dame in Paris in flames. This really hurts I have been there 3 times and to think that at least from the interior most is gone … Well, they think the towers and the structure of the building is saved. I am sorry for the change in topic, I am just so overwhelmed with all those pictures. It’s sad.
Good night, midnight, I need to get some :sleeping:

1 Like