History buffs

Autumn Baekyang-temple in Jangseong, Korea

3 Likes

Screenshot_20221011-023058_Word%20Trip
:sweat_drops: Water and Fire :fire:together coexisting!? :volcano: :thinking: Whatā€™s hidden here?

Screenshot_20221011-023022_Word%20Trip
Hmmm . . :thinking: What treasures, history, and secrets lies beneath? Itā€™s worth draining.

• WordTrip Discoveries
3 Likes

awesome! i dont recall hearing about that volcano,and that lake, yeah whats hidden?

2 Likes

The Lake Baikal is within the Republic of Buryatia itā€™s a part of once Mongoliaā€¦ and in the Siberia. They tried to become independent but Russia wonā€™t let them so they still politically are subjected to them.

Their demographic has different cultures and many still live in turds and are Nomads. They have nice folk songs. The landscape is unparalleled, steppe, desert, mountains and lakes with a much cooler temperatures.

Watch this interesting video about the lake, Lake Baikal is about 20% of earthā€™s fresh waterā€¦

@frustratedwriter @leerla73 If you think we have too many problems in our daily life watch this 80 years old granny how she does it with the bare minimum. When Iā€™m 80 I wish to skate like her. I went with my friend in February (we used to skate a lot including some figure skating) but we were certainly rusty and wobly :rofl:

4 Likes

all I can say its beautiful

2 Likes

Wow! In your post of few words shared, the depth of information is so valuable. :grinning:! Thanks @simi11!!
The more I learn about Mongolia, the more I want to go to Mongolia, and experience the vast grassland, mountains, caves, and lakes .
Wonderful video share too! ā€œThe Earthā€™s crust is more thinner here, than in anywhere else in the world.ā€ Intriguing!
@simi11,
Iā€™ll definitely watch the video the first was a gift, Iā€™m sure this one is just as intriguing. :blush:
@lutra,
You might find the above posts, and videos about Lake Baikal, a good find. :blush:
@simi11,
Say Amazing in as many ways as one can, and thatā€™s the life this lady leads.
Screenshot_20221017-133350_Chrome Screenshot_20221017-133147_Chrome

3 Likes

My son did a unit on Lake Baikal in his biology class this year. Itā€™s so beautiful, wild, and unique and sadly in danger in sections due to polutants.

2 Likes

this is something entirely different, but its still history, and didnā€™t know this either

3 Likes

@frustratedwriter,
I read about it before, but I didnā€™t know about brussel sprouts. Hmmmm. . .:thinking:

1 Like

British archaeologist Howard Carter and his workmen discover a step leading to the tomb of King Tutankhamen in the Valley of the Kings in Egypt on November 4, 1922.

When Carter first arrived in Egypt in 1891, most of the ancient Egyptian tombs had been discovered, though the little-known King Tutankhamen, who had died when he was 18, was still unaccounted for. After World War I, Carter began an intensive search for ā€œKing Tutā€™s Tomb,ā€ finally finding steps to the burial room hidden in the debris near the entrance of the nearby tomb of King Ramses VI in the Valley of the Kings. On November 26, 1922, Carter and fellow archaeologist Lord Carnarvon entered the interior chambers of the tomb, finding them miraculously
intact
Thus began a monumental excavation process in which Carter carefully explored the four-room tomb over several years, uncovering an incredible collection of several thousand objects. The most splendid architectural find was a stone sarcophagus containing three coffins nested within each other. Inside the final coffin, which was made out of solid gold, was the mummy of the boy-king Tutankhamen, preserved for more than 3,000 years. Most of these treasures are now housed in the Cairo Museum.

1 Like

anyone???

40-story spiral staircase fire escape.

2 Likes

I thought this one was quite ibnteresting

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t that make one dizzy? :rofl: I did these stairs with mom who was 77 then. The monument has 116 stairs and are comfortably divided into sections:

2 Likes

The fire escape you want to escape. :rofl::laughing::rofl::rofl:

Love it! Awesome share! :smile:

2 Likes

What about the walk-down, how was that?

@frustratedwriter, šŸ¦§ is @simi11 giving your younger self a challenge on discussions?! :joy::rofl::smile:

2 Likes

nope never been there, , pilgrim m monument? wow a lot of stairs!

1 Like

but 40 stories? I think I would find another way to ā€œescapeā€

1 Like

Wingedsuit, with a parachute. :wink::ok_hand:t5:

3 Likes

I think the winged suit gif is in Switzerlandā€¦ these 2 options are probably fast, question is are they truly safeā€¦ there are at times mishapsā€¦ even people hiking in the Alps slip up and fall and dieā€¦ there were many cases this yearā€¦

What an achievement as a women then! Yet they tried to hide it!
I believe there are more cases of women disguised as a man, why would they want to be a soldier?

2 Likes

Grindelwald, Switzerland ![:switzerland:|16x16]

3 Likes