History buffs

I found this morning, I really didnā€™t know where to put this, but here goes, writers out there, heres your chance to write something about this!!

nature defeats technology

2 Likes

Blue Ridge Mountain Life Ā·

Follow

[ Eric Proctor ](https://www.facebook.com/groups/839888436148165/user/100003109531907/?

this is Blue Ridge Mountain Sunset picture

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

and if no one knows where these are, NC USA
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

another picture of Blue Ridge mountains

2 Likes

Lƭvia HorvƔthWeird Pictures & Everything

ptsednroSo64cmt ae00f9e37A6 St 3i81bM808am6866tf:u 12ep9l1rc Ā·

Mount Fuji reflecting in Lake Tanuki, Japan.

3 Likes

What a gorgeous photo!

2 Likes

Love, love, love your pictures and your entertaining and informative narration. Looks and sounds like you have a beautiful family with lots of rich (although in regards to the Native Americans being driven from their land, not always happy) experiences. Now I can put a face to a name. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I was doing some research and came across this

Sligo has seen some very important and tragic points in history. The links below will take you to some of the most notable events from Sligoā€™s past.

1832 Cholera Epidemic

The year 1832 saw a devastating outbreak of Cholera sweep through County Sligo. It is believed that tales of the horrors witnessed during this time were the inspiration for Bram Stokerā€™s work Dracula.

1 Like

some Fall pictures

Daniel Forster Photography

Ā·

One of my favorite scenic drives for fall colors is the Kebler Pass. Supposedly the forest along the pass is the largest living organism in the world. Howerver, Iā€™ve also heard that record is not official. So who knows. My question is do they count the trees in a forest this big?

These are all from trip last year down the pass. A few of them are from the road, but the rest I took on hikes up into the forest or off the beaten path a bit.

1 Like

no wonder the Asian ladies did the same! always wondered about their shampooing and brushing said locks

Historic Photographs

Ā·

In the Victorian era, the womanā€™s hair was considered an important part of her appearance and it marked her status and her femininity. Women in that era were often expected to grow their hair to great lengths, and it was common knowledge that a womanā€™s crowning glory was her hair. Take a look at these photos of Victorian women who never cut their hair (1860-1900): https://bit.ly/3tywKVU

2 Likes

well seems no one is interested, I think I am going to close this down

Iā€™ll bet they had a LOT of split ends. LOLā€¦ Makes one wonder how they could maintain the health of this length of hair. Perhaps they didnā€™t even care?

1 Like

it didnā€™t say in the article

1 Like

Mary, those facebook links arenā€™t easy to openā€¦ I donā€™t use FB no longer, just FYI.

1 Like

Maybe these videos answer that question :blush:

This one is from the 1700s:

3 Likes

oh my goodness! so glad I donā€™t have long hair!

Good Thinking

Ā·

Everyone who has ever sewn has a tomato pincushionā€¦ our Grandmothers, mothers, aunts, literally everybody, and I wondered why. Well, according to folklore, people once thought the tomato was a symbol of good fortune and prosperity so when people moved into a new home they placed a tomato on the mantle. Since tomatoes are only seasonal, the ladies would create them from fabric and fill them with leaves and things from the outdoors.

During this same era the ladies did all the sewing for their families and their hand needles were very important, so they placed their important hand needle in their fabric ā€œgood luckā€ tomato and the tomato pin cushion was born. When I think of the pin cushion, I see my grandmotherā€™s wrinkled hands, the bright red tomato next to her, sewing away. The tomato may not bring prosperity and good fortune but it definitely has nostalgia. šŸ…

Posted by Kimberly Wright

5 Likes

ok I watched them, oh my! again so glad I donā€™t have long hair, and to style it like that. wow!! anyway thanks for the ā€œupdateā€ heheheh I liked that. thanks Feyfayer

1 Like

History of Brazil

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Part of a series on the
History of Brazil
Brazilian coat of arms\ 50x50
show

Pre-Cabraline
show

Colonial Brazil
show

United Kingdom with Portugal
show

Independence
show

Empire of Brazil
show

Old Republic
show

Vargas Era
show

Republic of 46
show

Military dictatorship
show

New Republic
show

Topics
show

Research
flag\ 16x11 Brazil portal

Evolution of the administrative division of Brazil

The history of Brazil begins with indigenous people in Brazil. Europeans arrived in Brazil at the ending of the 15th century. The first European to claim sovereignty over Indigenous lands part of what is now the territory of the Federative Republic of Brazil on the continent of South America was Pedro Ɓlvares Cabral (c. 1467/1468 ā€“ c. 1520) on 22 April 1500 under the sponsorship of the Kingdom of Portugal. From the 16th to the early 19th century, Brazil was a colony and a part of the Portuguese Empire. The country expanded south along the coast and west along the Amazon and other inland rivers from the original 15 donatary captaincy colonies established on the northeast Atlantic coast east of the Tordesillas Line of 1494 (approximately the 46th meridian west) that divided the Portuguese domain to the east from the Spanish domain to the west, although Brazil was at one time a colony of Spain.[1] The countryā€™s borders were only finalized in the early 20th century.

On 7 September 1822, the country declared its independence from Portugal and it became the Empire of Brazil. A military coup in 1889 established the First Brazilian Republic. The country has seen two dictatorship periods: the first during the Vargas Era (1937ā€“1945) and the second during the military rule (1964ā€“1985) under Brazilian military government.

1 Like

some of them are like you said hard to open OR they send you somewhere to order something.

1 Like

Triangle Gardener is at Bay Of Fundy, New Brunswick .

Ā· Saint John, NB, Canada Ā·

Flower pot rocks at Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick. A unique opportunity to walk on the ocean floor at low tide to see some two dozen of these. When at high tide, these are covered almost to the base of the trees. [#discovernb](https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/discovernb?m/hashtag/amazingviews?

2 Likes

An absolutely stunning sunset taken last fall along Kebler Pass near Crested Butte. I think the sunset colors complemented the fall foliage quite nice

colorado,USA

6 Likes