Hooray! Viki got My Roommate is a Gumiho!

I’m on Eps 4 and I still LOVE It - HE IS SO DARN SWEET to her! (until he tries not to be) But I want someone to buy me ALL the dishes on the menu cuz they don’t know what I like!!! And when she got her period oh he was so SWEET!

The other guy - I don’t know if I like him or hate him

I loved the end of Eps 3 and replay Ep 4 beginning where he quoted the book to her - that was so romantic.

sexy%20gumiho

He is one Sexy Gumiho!

(I love a man with a gorgeous watch makes him even more :fire:)

1 Like

jang%20ki%20yong%201

I seriously binge watched this until 5 am. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! And Major crush on Jang Ki Yong!

He is something else! LOVE

i'm%20still%20standing%20in%20the%20rain

Eps 12 - Dropped this morning - I am still loving this drama! The comedy and the couple is so sweet makes my teeth hurt but Jang Ji Yong is just the cutest thing on the planet - I love it!

3 Likes

btwww is it just me who is shipping the second male lead and the main girl more
cause for god’s sakes i can’t see more of unrequited second lead love

3 Likes

He is so sweet after his whole BET debacle. I so feel for him - I still want her with FOXY - but I’m mad at him for what he had to do to gain energy - he should have been more honest and now he has hurt her…is she gonna run into the arms of Subway boy!!!

1 Like

They seem to be more at eye level because of their age and the fact that they are both human, lol. However, their interactions are kind of “forced upon them” since the Mountain Spirit connected their fates, especially on Dam’s side because she never showed any kind of romantic interest in him before.
Still, after acknowledging his mistake, Seon Woo turned out to be a very loveable character, so I always felt kind of bad for him. Bae In-hyuk’s chubby cheeks also make it kind of hard for me to hate him in any role, I guess. :smile:

3 Likes

this is exactly the reason I’m not watching the show :joy::sob:

3 Likes

Actually, Hyeri is 27 years old, one year younger than Jang Ki Yong and four (!) years older than Bae In Hyuk. But she plays a 22/23 years old student.

1 Like

I love him I just want him to have happiness - he is so SWEET! Mr. Subway!

But I still love the Gumiho - Even though he MESSED UP BIG TIME

1 Like

Yup, it’s kind of ironic. :smiley:

2 Likes

So our Gumiho is quite the kisser! Whoosh! No Dead fish kisses here!!!

@sa11 What did you think of the last few episodes - This was not Goblin quality to me per the storyline - But the story was sweet. The romance was steamy and ML was so ADORABLY HANDSOME! I thought the last little bit was a little drama cliché but they didn’t drag out their breakup or his disappearance so it turned out really sweet. Your Thoughts???

I absolutely enjoyed this drama. Super funny, light, and entertaining. It wouldn’t have fit if it got too tragic/ serious. I also loved the 2nd couple’s storyline. It was just so silly. Overall, solid drama!!

3 Likes

Nearly forgot:
Jang Ki-yong (who will soon enlist into the army) also played leading roles in “Come and hug me” (what I just started with) and he was awesome in “My Mister”, showing a completely different side of himself.

2 Likes

This drama finished already? Everything quieted down, and i wanted to get spoilers of the whole thing and especially the ending…Does he finally stay with the girl? He NEVER got the girl in the previous one I saw.

@kdrama2020ali or @ANyone else…
give me a small recap of the whole thing, and make sure you blur the info so others that haven’t watched yet don’t see it. Was the ending romantic or he stays with the same stoic attitude? I read some complaints about him not showing emotions throughout the drama. So little comments in this thread and I see no ending cheers.

2 Likes

You want a spoiler??? It is a happy ending!

1 Like

@angelight313_168

Critique

The actors are all good looking but that isn’t enough to make a great series…the acting was not convincing enough and the FL comical expressions were cringy…ML character was kinda boring…I don’t understand why the ratings are so high for this drama. Neither the plot or acting keeps us immersed in it.
I stopped right after 2 episodes.

Defensive praise

I am going to start off by saying the main character gets a lot of unreasonable hate. People seem to neglect the fact that her reactions are completely normal and if I’m being honest, I would probably react in the same way.

Then, those same people have the audacity to critique the actress for her reactions when the writer instructed it and the director approved of it

1 Like

On the FL’s reactions, I think the actress who played her is known for her down-to-earth/crazy facial expressions stemming from her Reply 1988 character. They may have been tapping into that because many people enjoyed that side of her. Both characters are pretty much the same, except in Gumiho, shes a bit more mature

2 Likes

I loved Roommate is a Gumiho! I miss him!!!

1 Like

@sa11

The facial expressions in some actors/actresses, some viewers like to criticize a lot, although they very well know is the role described/written by the writer in the story, and what MANY Director’s force female actress to do (which annoys me so much) Some facial expressions can be a bit too much and get on my nerves.

My favorite actress does so many facial expressions, but I love her acting so much although Director’s insistence in her exaggerated facial movements, sometimes can get on my nerves… so I skip those scenes.

My favorite actress, her name is: HWANG JUNG EUM

황정음
Hwang Jeong Eum

Another thing that gets on my last nerves; Is bad enough I can’t even memorize 1 name; why they have more that one name? UGhhhhh!

1 Like