How did you discover k-drama?

(。•̀ᴗ-)✧ :smile::smile:

1 Like

now thats what I would like to get!! help me learn Korean,

I think mine was Healer, and since then about 12x I have watched it, thats my first ont then heal me kill me, love stuff like that

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter,
:sweat_smile: The men! :joy:
:smiley: Do you mean you want us to type in Korean :smiley: ?!
Whow! I’m down for that! And anyone else wanting to join in, ummmh, we may have to create a topic, just for typing in Korean.

I loooved Healer :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: and :joy: :joy: Kill Me! Heal Me! :joy:

2 Likes

our keyboards dont have those features of Korean, may have to get a special one no don’t typoe in korean or chinese or whatever, I have a hard enough time translating!! hehehehe

3 Likes

:joy::joy: Okay!
I use my phone’s keyboard, there you get to add all the languages.
The laptop/desk computers are a bit more challenging. A wireless keyboard might have more features.

1 Like

Through VIKI. No matter what, I will always be grateful to this wonderful Community for its hard work and dedication. Fighting! :muscle: :heartpulse:

3 Likes

It’s not the keyboard, you can add Korean to your computer as an alternate language input for the keyboard, that’s how I’m using it now…but I had to memorise where what letter is. See, I have added Korean and Hindi as other input languages. I type on the English keyboard, but it comes out as Korean/Hindi.
I think @porkypine90_261 or someone else bought hangul stickers to stick on the keyboard so it’s easier to see and type.

5 Likes

Yes, I did. I didn’t need them for the most commonly used letters ㅁ ㄴ ㅇ ㄹ ㅎ ㄱ ㅅ ㄷ ㅈ ㅂ ㅛ ㅗ ㅓ ㅜ ㅡ ㅣ
but I was always hunting for these off my keyboard image which was a pain.
ㅑ ㅐ ㅒ ㅔ ㅖ ㅋ ㅌ ㅊ ㅍ ㅠ

The stickers make it so much easier to type.
나는 내 한글 키보드를 사랑

My vocabulary is picking up, along with basic sentences but I still mess up the grammar. :grin: and I am LOOOOOOONGGGG way from being able to hold philosophical discussions. :joy: All I can deal with right now are some puns. :grin:

5 Likes

Did you see SECRET LOVE with the Main Lead guy, and the Girl psychiatrist? I’m bad with names and lazy to look around. anything those 2 are together is priceless. They compliment each other when acting together.

2 Likes

@leerla73

I personally think they make us fall into the fantasy world that we can have a love story like the ones in K- drama. Now… if they were to give me a piggy ride; those poor skin and bones would need reinforcement like a crane or a lyft bc if not, I see them 6 feet under::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl: I know. I used to ask my hubby, “Sweetie. Carry me”
He’d just give me ‘the look’ that said, ‘You want me in the hospital?’ :rofl:

He was 6’1" but I was almost 5’10". Not much shorter than him. But I shrank! or should I say my knees are gone - I lost so much cartilage I’m only 5’8" now! (I find that so hard to believe! only 5’8’?) Still taller than most guys though. :roll_eyes: :rofl:

7 Likes

Uhmm . . . Very creative, no obstacles for either of you! :sparkles::wink::+1:t5:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::laughing::face_with_hand_over_mouth::smile::joy::joy: This is interesting that you’d say, because I find two of my youtube subscriptions fits the bill, and they’d readily agree as well, all that aside, they’re very enjoyable families to watch, knowing they are living what we watch in dramas.:smiley:

Let me know if you’re interested in checking them out, they’re also on IG. The little people they have are also 'dorbs! :heart_eyes:(✯ᴗ✯):smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve never earmarked, this one for a watch. Good to know it’s one to watch.(。•̀ᴗ-)✧

1 Like

haha same…I can see how your background language affects your learning. In English, you’d say “I love my Korean keyboard” so you wrote “I Korean keyboard love” to satisfy the S-O-V style in Korean. But since my native language uses a lot of particles like Korean, I remember easier that verbs almost never sit alone. You do 사랑. So it’s 사랑+해 (informal simple present). The verbs usually denote the tense :grin:

Of course, for me to hold a philosophical discussion will take years and I can’t even do a proper conversation…I’ll just keep at it! Korean grammar-particle rules are terribly hard, whyever did I think that it would be smooth sailing once I mastered Hangul??

2 Likes

I remember just hearing that on that youtube channel I was watching.

2 Likes

At one point I was working with Doosan Group, where I made friends. They wanted my entire collection of Vampire Diaries and gave me their collection of Boys over flowers and Coffee Prince.:joy:

6 Likes

:smile: that’s cute! What an introduction! Guest it paid-off! :smile:

2 Likes

A drama was suggested to me, and then I watched it. And I fell in love.

2 Likes

I discovered K & C dramas on my own, watching free local tv channels, with an antenna reception :smile:

Do you remember what the drama was about?:grinning:!

1 Like