How did you discover k-drama?

A friend sent me a txt in July 2020 that her daughter was watching Crash Landing On You and I should watch it. I said ABSOLUTELY not I don’t do subtitles. Well, I watched the 1st episode and I was hooked. I have now watched over 55 to 60 dramas! Including t-drama, j-drama, and c-drama.

Goblin is still my #1 favorite after watching as many as I have. But I have close favorites that all still around my Top 5. What was I doing before k-drama? I think the acting and story lines are so different and better than what I’m used to. I don’t even watch regular TV anymore

I think I missed out on great stories, actors and actresses, sets, costumes and now music (kpop) for WAY too many years! I’m so glad I found it!

5 Likes

I so agree!

2 Likes

I knew you were my Sista Friend!!!

1 Like

Yo hace muchos años no hablo inglés, por eso mi escritura no es la mejor, pero te entiendo bien todo lo que escribiste, gracias por el mensaje. Que bueno que estés aprendiendo coreano, yo también quiero aprender a segmentar, estoy esperando que se contacten conmigo, practiqué un poco en la sandbox, pero me gustaría poder practicar con otro video. Éxitos, y cuando quieras conversar podés contactarte conmigo.

One of my favs Korean actresses starred in that drama.
Seo Ji-Hye (@jihye8024) on IG
https://www.instagram.com/jihye8024/

I have yet to watch it though, I guess I’m saving it for just the right timing :sparkles::wink::+1:t5:

3 Likes

Speak freely on this one , it goes both ways the women are select for appearance too, sex sells , I have seen women who are supposed to be grandmas on dramas that are still firing on all eight cylinders !

1 Like

:heavy_heart_exclamation::heart::heart::star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation: I’ll still rewatch, just like I’m a first timer. Leo of course :heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes: the guardian angel :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

The old Charmed especially! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, the original Charmed specifically :heart_eyes::heavy_heart_exclamation::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I used to be a HUGE K-pop fan and I watched hwarang because of V, then I watched Sweet revenge after a suggestion from my friend and I started looking into more kdramas (That was 3 years ago).
Now I’m a fanatic and I have more than 70 shows watched (and like 50 uncompleted)
Am I the only one who leaves a show in the middle when they lost interest or find a more interesting show? Or do you guys just strive to finish it even though you lost interest?

2 Likes

Do you mean “Charmed” the American series with the witches? My dog is named after a Charmed witch - Piper

2 Likes

Yup! Loved! Piper!
Charmed https://g.co/kgs/N4BSVA

1 Like

Well long story short - she is a rescue - best dog I have ever owned and I am her person. Her name was Paige but I have a family member named that so I went on google and pulled up Phoebe, Piper, Prue and decided instead of Paige (who came later in the show) she would be Piper!:heart:

1 Like

I tend to strive to finish, unless it’s utterly indigestible.
Yup! I get the loyalty badge.

1 Like

Thought I’d include the link to this post.

I didn’t know they took away the pencil :pencil2: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: so I’m posting for anyone needing the link :ok_hand:t5::wink::sparkles:

1 Like

Prue was my favourite, she was strong and had cool destructive powers :smiley:

2 Likes

Yep - Same I loved her! But Piper fit my puppy better! and I love the actress who played Prue

2 Likes

1 Like

I live in Hawaii so we have both a Japanese TV Channel and a Korean one and They both have English subtitles. The Drama that brought me To VIKI was “Faith” I missed my bus on the way home from a shopping trip and missed the latest Episode so I got on my Computer to see if I could find anywhere that Had the missing episode so I could watch it. I watched dramas here for quite awhile before actually joining and I had to do that to be able to reply to someone’s comment in the comment section…this was before Disqus when they actually had (2) comment sections one for “Spoilers” and one for non spoiling comments about the drama🤪

3 Likes

Hey @korkykdiver220! :raising_hand_woman:t5:‍♀
Nice to see you on this side of the community!! :grinning: Sweet! :sunflower::blush: