How to design a page?

Welp!

Okay, so guys… I’m working on a channel design, but I’ve run into a bit of a problem. I’m trying to post a few images vertically, but gaps keep showing up between them. Tried using the vspace thing, but that didn’t do anything.

Any ideas?

@scircus
I solved that issue by setting the alignment to Left. That’s the only solution that I’ve found after a lot of research! Other codes didn’t work =(

@Luzevedo Thanks for the tip! I actually ended up using a bunch of div containers - one per image - and that worked out fine enough.

1 Like

this is my page http://www.viki.com/users/mag11 check it out, (“follow this dramas” “Dramas that I´ve seen” " Movies that I´ve seen") but I think you´re talking about a div container right?, so I can help if you are talking about this

@mag11 How do you avoid spaces between pictures? Do you use a specific code?
I’ve only tried it once, but after testing many codes the only solution that worked was setting the alignment to left, like I said. Or saving the whole thing instead of using separate images (I think that’s what you did in your profile, am I right?).

When I have the chance I’ll also try scircus suggestion. ^^
Btw, @scircus … you only addded one div container for each image or did you also add a certain code in each one?

@Luzevedo If it’s just one image on top of another, yes, I just use one per image.

1 Like

you don´t need a specific code to avoid space between pictures, and the code you used to create a div doesn´t work in viki, I use a different one

anyone knows how to add a youtube playtlist in a cover page

1 Like

I’ve gotten pretty good with that.
Here: http://discussions.viki.com/t/who-knows-how-to-add-a-video-to-the-cover-page/335

1 Like

thank you so much, I´m gonna try it

How can I add scroll bars to a cover page? I had scrolls on my page before, but now my code doesn’t seem to be working anymore. Is there a website I can go to get it that works for viki?

I use this code: <div style="overflow: auto; height: 300px; width: 400px; text-align: justify; background-color: transparent;margin: 0 auto;">

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll try it. Thanks! :smile:

Thanks Luzevedo! It works for me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks Luzevedo! It works for me, too! :slight_smile:

can anyone tell me the hight and width of the page cover

Hi there, off topic… how can we request for certain shows to be aired on Viki?

Here are my notes:

Cover page size:
Width 804 px Height 6089 (but I’d like it in two pieces)

Width 21,27 cm
Height: 161,08 cm
Resolution 96 px/inch
Bicubic Automatic.

Background image:

Please note that to be hosted by Viki it should be 400 KB or less. That’s why I usually break it into two-three pieces. Because I don’t want to use an external storage site - I’ve seen too many cover pages with “image not found” because those sites cease to exist or because the account becomes obsolete or whatever.

1 Like