How to make subtitles

a quick feedback to the nomination of a qc, Im told by staff to send it to qc@viki.com. Also Im told, at this time the’re experiencing technical engineering issues which prevents them to ok QC whatever that means :wink: Patience is asked until fix.

Editors are amazing!!! I love them all! They are magical beings because without them the puzzle wouldn’t fit.
So far because Korean subtitles don’t exist for the most part and our team members don’t do it I haven’t seen any instance of google translate being used. I use Google translate but literally it’ll be for pinyin!

Sometimes the Korean subtitles are wrong (mis-heard). I so go back and fix them. I guess it would be pretty obvious in the non-English languages when the back translation doesn’t make sense.

hmmm your story makes me think viki should have even clearer guidelines. Other than telling channel mod and to avoid is there anything else we can do?

Thanks, that is good to know!

I’m hoping that too. I get so upset when I see that the person doing the spanish translation has very little knowledge of the language and writes without adding the necessary accents or question marks etc…I get angrier when is obvious they use some form of translators. I guess it will take time before we see a mark improvement or maybe we won’t see it at all. What I do know, any terrible subtitles I see, if I can, I make sure I fix them lol.

On my part, I have sent many many feedback (is in the subtitle editor) and explain the situation there.You can try that.

My Spanish isn’t the best though someone said it was very good. I’m not sure I can tell if it’s right or wrong.