How to Start subtitling? (looking for project to translate to Spanish from English.)

Hello I recently applied to be part of the viki team for subtitling english to Spanish, but honestly I have no idea where to start. I have applied to some projects but Im not so sure if i’ll get accepted also if anybody needs a Spanish subber I would gladly take the job. I learn fast and I am a Native Spanish speaker. If theres some kind of test to test my grammar I would also gladly take it.

3 Likes

Maybe put English to Spanish in your header, I think with such a large group of volunteers it would be helpful to you, if you could find the right dialog partner right away.

3 Likes

There are several ways to get you started, and all include a bit of waiting (a week, perhaps even two or three).

1. Leave your information here:
    Want to subtitle? Let people know!

2. Or do some homework by first making a list of 5-10 Spanish moderators and contacting them. They might not respond right away. Contact a few more if you don’t get a response in a week. They might not accept you in the team in their current project. But they might consider you for the next one. So you might have to wait a bit.

Write to them about your English and Spanish proficiency and experience (if any). You may also write in both languages to prove your point.

Good luck! :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate the responses!

Thank you, I will do that!