How viki works for newcomers

That’s true. But people must access the channel’s home page to write a comment in the general section anyway (and I’ve seen many comments there asking about stuff informed on the community wall). So if the person wrote the comment that means he/she visited the channel’s home page, I guess. However, what you said applies to the comments we often see directly below the episodes.

I also think it would be better to be directed to the channel’s home page first! I agree with you.

I’m sorry for my poor english skills. I’m really tired, I guess I should go to sleep now. LOL My mind is cracking ;_;

What do you think about something like that?
And I like the idea to send the viewers on the channel main page instead of the episodes. I almost never need to go directly to the episode pages.
The picture is selfmade, it’s not an official Viki prototype.

3 Likes

Very nice, milie! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the post! I agree that we need a place where all these info can be gathered.
With this I hope that at least we’ll get less questions regarding the subbing speed.

1 Like

Gee Millie, I was about to go look for the link on a drama channel until I read that you made the image. I don’t think it could be done any better than that!

1 Like

@lacruiser: LOL! I almost did that, too.

I am an “photo-idea-non-stop-sender”
I’m working on something for the newcomers issue, for make them write to us.
Viki’s staff is open, they saw our ideas on my other post and they will try to do something. But I had an other idea, if it’s possible it could be nice. It would not “block” but it could “teach” people.

I totaly forgot you for the translation of the journey of a drama. Gosh I’m unforgivable loll
I’ll do it right away!!!

@miliefleurie: No worries xD

Tell me, did you send me the text? I forgot if I received it. Bad memory…

Yes, I did. But I can send it again :slight_smile:

1. O episódio do drama será exibido em seu país de origem;
  2. Algumas horas depois, o episódio será enviado pela equipe do Viki;
  3. Os segmentadores serão os primeiros a trabalhar no vídeo. Eles criam espaços para que possamos colocar as falas dos personagens;
  4. Quando os segmentadores terminam, os tradutores da equipe coreano-inglês começam a traduzir. Ao final, as legendas precisam ser revisadas antes de serem traduzidas para outros idiomas;
  5. Quando as legendas em inglês estiverem completas, a tradução para outros idiomas pode começar;
  6. Após longas horas de trabalho e de envolvimento de muitas pessoas, os vídeos estarão prontos para os telespectadores;

Can you make the naughty version as well? Pleeeaaaasseee. LOL!

lolllllll look at you !!!

How can I avoid using such a piece of work? It would be such a waste…

Luz you changed your avatar! I almost didn’t recognize you :slight_smile:

I changed it back, though . I’m looking for the same image, but with better quality!
But apparently it didn’t change back yet. LOL

Oh really? but you can just look for another gif with the same actor…just for the sake of having something new :slight_smile:

I’m looking for the cat image. It’s from Romero Britto, a famous brazilian painter! I thought it would be nice to show his work around here, it’s so colorful :slight_smile:

HAHA…really?..I am so not knowledgeable when it comes to the ARTS…you could show me a painting of picasso’s and I would have no idea who made it and yes i like you avatar because it is so colorful and cute.I do see the CAT :wink:

I don’t know much about arts either, but when I was in middle school the art teacher showed us his work and I really liked it (mainly because I love cats and dogs and he makes them a lot. LOL) . So I never forgot…