I Would Like To Watch A Drama With A Male Harem

Fair point, although the one I happened to be watching recently was a Kdrama, and the others that come to mind off the top of my head were also Kdramas. LOL

4 Likes

I’m serious like seriously - what ONE girl has like 4 handsome guys MOONING over her! It is just not realistic…that trope makes me CRAZY! :crazy_face:

1 Like

The closest thing to a male harem is a drama where the FL has multiple suitors like

Personally, I don’t like this situation. A second male lead is more than enough but when every male character falls in love with the FL, I find that ridiculous.

5 Likes

Those were exactly the ones that came to mind when I was thinking of the Kdramas that had multiple men pining over the same FL.

3 Likes

So here is the thing I was just thinking does the WRITER seem to think that some how we - the audience of young girls (tee hee hee) youngins watching the dramas put ourselves in the place of the “heroine” and think - Wow 400 guys love my gorgeousness! Nope we get mad when she doesn’t chose the 2nd male lead who we love who deserves the girl over the ML but the ML gets the girl anyway and then

WE.

tenor

@my_happy_place

4 Likes

It always makes me think of 10 Things I Hate About You

There are a couple MDL lists for the reverse harem, they mostly look like the typical drama with multiple guys vying for the girl’s attention though, there may be something with an actual harem.

I don’t have anything against it, as long as it’s logical, but when it’s some plain girl, who’s dirt poor, violent, and a bad personality, it completely takes me out of the drama, there’s no logic in why a bunch of would guys like her, the writers need to at least have a reason. For a king with a harem the reason is obvious, he’s powerful, some people are attracted to that power, and some aren’t there by choice, they’ve been given, traded, sold, because of his power.

3 Likes

Exactly. Being ‘plain looking’ and poor is not a big deal. Those of us who find ourselves in the same boat like to believe some great guy will recognize, appreciate and love our unique charms anyway. But when you add physically aggressive/abusive, rude, and just not a very good person to the mix, there is no way to believe it anymore. Because it’s a person’s outstanding character and personality that ultimately makes them most attractive.

4 Likes

Absolutely, there have been guys that I thought were just ok looking when I first met them but the more I got to know them the better looking they became.

3 Likes

Tenor

10 Things I Hate About You - :sob:
My Heath Ledger -- I can’t even watch his movies - I can’t talk about it - Cried for DAYS!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! So true! hahahahahaha! :laughing:

2 Likes

There was once a J-drama where a young woman moved in with a bunch of guys, all brothers (don’t remember if they all had different mothers, or some had the same, there might have even been one or more adoptions, but that wasn’t the point about that drama).
So a lot of testosterone for her to handle, as she went there officially to be their new mom …
You can guess how this went, when some guys were older or the same age as her, only the youngest was at ease with her. LOL But I think he didn’t want to call her mom either.
It sounds a bit weird, yes it was a little weird …

But wait didn’t Park Shin Hye have a “male harem”, well kind of :wink:

4 Likes

That made me think of ‘Cinderella and Four Knights’. She didn’t exactly go to the house to be their mom, but she was hired to keep them in line. And, well, the rest is history.

4 Likes

@kdrama2020ali

I’m going to chime in by stating all of my flower boys are gorgeous! :boy: :cherry_blossom: :two_hearts:

And Yes, I so miss Heath… :cry:

2 Likes

It will forever remain my favourite Park Shin-hye drama. :heart:

2 Likes

Yes Yes they are! Mine Too! :sunflower:

Oh You Too - Heath Ledger - AW I can’t even! :sob:

1 Like

@adrianmorales

I was just teasing her… and she knows it. :angel:

She took my Doom boy, and won’t give him back! so she’s on my telling Santa she belongs in the mean list. No gift this year for her; if she doesn’t learn to share!

2 Likes

You got me thinking about harem situations now. What’s the main reason these guys kept harems? For heirs. Now how would it benefit a queen in any way to keep a harem? She’s the one who’ll have to carry the kids and nurse them.

Most of the time, the king looks sick and tired of the women fighting. And in most of the historical cdramas I’ve watched, half the concubines dont even really like the king. They’re just fighting for power, either for themselves or for their kids. They don’t fight for the king’s attention, they fight for more attention than the other women. Does anyone even root for the king’s romance in these harem dramas? He’s usually not even the main character. If he is the main character, he usually doesn’t care about the women. They’re like men giving housing, clothing, food, and kids to a bunch of women and then the Hunger Games begin. Why would anyone root for him if he was interested in all his harem women and THEN went after the FL?

I got sick of multiple males interested in one girl or the reverse because they just receive, receive, receive. Especially in those idiotic dramas where she can’t even decide who she likes. We have to endure hours and hours of multiple guys saving her, being a hero, being so terribly sugar-sweetly nice, sacrificing for her, alpha fighting for her… competing over who gets stuck in the worst awkward situations with her… If it’s the reverse, a bunch of nasty drama queens will spend their time bullying the one nice, simple girl. Im getting frustrated just thinking about it :sob:

6 Likes

I’ve thought about this too. I don’t see any practical reasons for a reverse harem, other than eye candy. But a standard harem also serves that purpose, especially when the king had thousands of women; there’s no way most of them are more than a one night stand, so in reality their purpose probably was mainly to serve as eye candy or entertainment (dancing, playing instruments at banquets.) So with that logic, why shouldn’t a queen have a harem?

5 Likes

giphy

Did I say that - I didn’t say that - I said that! hahahahahaha

3 Likes

Is being with 2 guys considered a harem? I was wondering what amount is considered to be ‘‘a Queen with a harem.’’ Just curious…

1 Like