I Would Like To Watch A Drama With A Male Harem

I can’t speak for anyone else, but personally I would consider 2 guys as just a traditional love triangle (which I’m not crazy about anyway, but I accept that it will always exist as a go-to source of conflict), but once it gets to 3, we are moving into ‘harem’ territory. :joy:

5 Likes

When it goes to thousands, I think it’s a different story. Those women are obviously for eye candy, though I wonder why the king would waste so mucj resources to keep them instead of just hiring dancers lol
But I guess whoever sleeps with the king gets added into the harem…
In most cases of around ten women in the harem, their primary purpose is childbearing. A reverse harem only makes sense if the queen wants a sort of personalized brothel and the men are solely for entertainment.

4 Likes

You know me, dear Wanda, I either go big or go home… Or to the hospital since I usually annoy others with my questions and topics. :grimacing: Speaking of numbers, King Solomon had 1000 wives and concubines. History remembers him as the wisest ruler ever. Had it been a woman instead, she would have been remembered as a s**t and a wicked ol’ witch who enslaved others. Women are practically programmed from birth to be pleasant and not cause any controversy.

How scandalous then to have a woman of higher stature keep 1000 men of lower stature by her side? Is it right? Who cares? History shows us that only the might are right. But I actually made this post to show that you can’t learn what’s truly right or wrong until you experience the injustice yourself.

Also, I think it would be a really funny drama with lots of teachable moments. Oh, and plenty of hot guys. :sweat_smile: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Exactly!! I can’t even imagine that, I just post a recommendation since I enjoyed the funny parts and I saw a lot of comments about that show, but I can’t think of any kind of benefit from that situation.

3 Likes

@vivi

Just ask the bees. 90% of the hive is made up of females. Only 10% are male, the drones. They are fed and taken care of in order to fulfil their singular purpose: Mating with the Queen.
Because of this aspect, bees form a perfect society.

Humans, however, are equally divided between men and women. But only half of the world’s population is treated humanely. The other half has fewer rights, it’s paid less, and generally cannot even decide over their own body. It’s pretty grim. But I’m sure you two are already aware of these cruel facts.

3 Likes

@irmar Ehhh… We are not exactly friends, but my mother always tells me that I should never be so vain so as not to recognise when someone is smarter and could offer a clearer view on a particular topic. And you are definitely smarter than I am, no question about it. In fact, I am going to go out on a limb and say that you are the most knowledgeable person on Viki.

With that in mind, if it is not an imposition, may I ask for your opinion on a potential drama featuring a male harem?

1 Like

I get that. I’ve had to walk away from Was It Love? for a while because it just got too weird/confusing for me. I can handle two guys enthralled with the same gal but four???

3 Likes

im-just-here-for-the-comments

8 Likes

I think you’re talking about

A good drama. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you for the compliment.
I am not a big fan of the harem system myself.
The closest I’ve seen to it in a Korean drama is in Jealousy Incarnate, where she lives wiith the two guys in order to make up her mind which one she wants. And they accept it.

2 Likes

reaction gifs

This Thread is KILLING me

@anthonyparker80_342
Wise Words - I don’t even know what to say - except I am the leader of Hottie Posse - hahahahaha!

5 Likes

I thought about it , and it is impossible to stay quiet , so I have to say at least this much. Since the invention of moving pictures , women have been objectified , turnabout is fair play. Enjoy the harem/eye candy all you want, its 2021, and I was initially bought into K-Drama because I couldn’t get past every other woman in these shows looking like Goddesses …it is what it is.

3 Likes

The bees aren’t really a good example because if the bees were a colony, we’d have an intense female supremacist society. Drones have only one purpose- mating. After they mate, they die. They have only half the chromosomes of a bee. (Female bees have 2n, i.e, 32 chromosomes while male ones have n, i.e, 16 chromosomes. They arise from unfertilized eggs.) Male and female humans are born with complete chromosome numbers, from fertilized eggs.
Thus, we can’t call the bee society “perfect.” They mindlessly work only for the queen and her offspring. She is given the best of everything. It’s like a complete monarchy.

How can you say that only half the world’s population is “treated humanely”, referring only to women? Aren’t there millions of men also around the world being subject to all sorts of crime? Aren’t there more homeless men on the streets than women? Aren’t there more men dying while serving on active duty? Aside from sexual assault, aren’t more men victims of violent crimes? According to the WHO 2020, Homicide is the fourth leading cause of death of people aged 10-29 years. 84% of them are male. Aren’t racial crimes committed against both women and men, with both women and men being the perpetrators?

Mental health. So many boys are conditioned to think that showing emotion = showing weakness. That’s why depression diagnosis is more in women. “We almost expect women to be emotional.” More men than women commit suicide. And then men are more likely to use alcohol and drugs.

What about the vicious cycle, where millions of criminals come from broken homes? What about children, boys and girls? A child who is abused is more likely to abuse others as an adult so that violence is passed down from one generation to the next. Since men naturally have more levels of testosterone, they usually respond differently to child abuse. They are more likely than women to respond aggressively, continuing the cycle of crime.

And it’s not like women are complete saints, being constantly victimized and abused in the hands of men. Women can be women’s worst enemies. Watch any number of dramas you want or observe real life situations. Women suffer a lot at the hands of other women. Women may not use violence, but there are enough cases of mental and emotional abuse because emotions are, in fact, our strong suit.

And though the gender pay gap is real, it’s not as big as people say it is. “Women earn 70-80 cents for every man’s dollar.” This figure is representative of the uncontrolled gender pay gap (sometimes referred to as the “opportunity pay gap”), which looks at the median salary for all men and women regardless of job type or employment characteristics. It does not take into account such crucial factors as profession, qualifications, type of employer, seniority, hours worked or many other things that go into deciding compensation. When these basic factors are taken into account, the gender pay gap vastly decreases. There is still a 2-cent disparity, but that is much, much less than what most people think. Again, even this figure does not include factors like: Has the person aggressively pursued outside offers? Did he or she place a great deal of weight on salary when negotiating their job offer? Do they pursue side ventures that augment their income? Men are 20 times more likely to sustain fatal injuries at work.

We live in societies that hurt everyone. I’m not saying women don’t suffer. They do, a LOT. This needs to change. We haven’t achieved equality all over the world. But generalizing humane treatment just doesn’t seem right to me. I don’t want my brothers and other boys in my life having that drilled into them. Why do we like stereotyping so much? Just as stereotyping women to be weak, domestic creatures is bad, stereotyping all men to be violent, abusive predators is just as wrong.

“Turnabout is fair play.” If everyone kept taking revenge on each other, nobody and nothing is going to change. Can we really achieve equality if everyone keeps trying to even the score? We can’t call entertainment harmless anymore. It’s been influencing too many people for too long.

1 Like

I disagree. They are perfect. What they aren’t is mindless. Did you know that the bees you see in parks and even in your backyard are actually those nearing their lifespan? They know they’re going to die anyway, so they protect the younger ones by keeping them in the hive where it’s safe. And the Queen is their mother. Without her, they wouldn’t even exist. Why shouldn’t they take care of her? If only we humans did the same for our parents. Oh, so the males die… Mating… Not in war or from disease… Mating… I see no problem there. Do you? :wink: :sweat_smile:
We humans do the exact opposite. We are cruel like that, didn’t you know?

But I do agree that many suffer because of this cruelty. But whom do we help first? You say it’s not a big deal, but if the men were paid less, even by 1 cent, or if there were a law restricting their reproductive system, we would have War World 3 on our hands! So we help those who suffer the most!

And if we can have stupid zombie dramas, then we can have ones with a male harem too! :laughing:

Thank you so much for replying. I don’t either. But how can we tell if something is wrong until we see it from our own perspective? That’s why I made the suggestion. Again, thank you. Have a lovely day. :grin:

1 Like

… well, if you say it like that, then keep in mind that the most common (95 %) and most endangered bees are the solitary bees. Look it up, if you don’t believe me.

3 Likes

So, you have your own harem hahahaha and we are part of that!
dana-change

3 Likes

Oh, thank you for letting me know. Where I’m staying we have all kinds of bees, from the really big ones eating their full and then taking a nap in our flower bed to the hard-working ones flying in a group. :smile:

1 Like

image I can handle two guys enthralled with the same gal but four???

That’s what I don’t understand about Asian writers; that we like their dramas, and some of their stories fall into the most ridiculous plot in this world.

TWO guys decent looking SINGLE for so MANY years bc of this one average looking woman. Then, comes along two more guys, and they fall in love with this woman, that did nothing remarkable to cause them to fall in love with her. There was nothing in that story that made sense like the fact that she looked exactly like the boy’s mom that had a tragic death. That was a bit too much. If it wasn’t bc I like both main lead actor/actress I would have dumped it so fast.

2 Likes

giphy

1 Like