Inbox bug

Niennavalar, I think you should listen to music or do something else because we can’t do anything with this problem.

I hope you’ll feel better [;

LOL I closed my facebook long ago… because yes is useless, @zano_v I’m doing house work, and taking care of my kid stuff and homework but Viki is important too lol

Ahhh I need viki back to normal…
I can’t do anything now I guess I will just sleep :frowning:
And yeahh fb is useless and most of the other social networking sites actually. …
Even yest when whatsapp crashed it didn’t bother me. … but viki is wayyy too important!!

2 Likes

I want to buuuuuuuuuuuut nooooooooo my friend doesn’t let me… I don’t even know that I have Facebook until my friend is writing my name in a comment under some videos I should watch o__o

I closed it so many times that ppl are asking me: “you are back?” “since when do you have facebook” “You have Facebook?!”

I know right? I can write sms if whatsapp doesn’t work or use Line just like yesterday … But there is NO WAY to replace Viki

Yeah I know. I think Viki is trying to fix it now.
I hope so, hope tomorrow everything will be ok !

1 Like

Lol I know, when I used to live in the US so facebook was to keep my family and friends close and talk since I was far away, but now I’m here again, there is no need for it. For the rest of things I have kakao talk which I love above all only little bit less than viki lol and whatsapp for the rest of people than don’t have kakao.

my inbox is not deleted, (yet) it just says that im not logged in, cant check my profile or inbox,cant see my favorites, cant log into the app, it doesnt allow me too, hence, the app doesnt allow me to watch anything, hence, im doomed, but at least i can watch on the laptop. T.T still sucks. i cant even message the help center, because even on the laptop it says im not logged in and i see the dog :confused: thank GOD discussions is working…

I think the Inbox is working again.
Now I read my message now.
Everyone should check it now. Hope you guys can do it too.

I noticed earlier today. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

ITS FIXED!! at least on my side of the end.

1 Like

Yeah, same here. I just checked after posting on this thread and I had a new message too. Yay!

2 Likes

cellebrating

4 Likes

Unrelated to the aforementioned problems, but I’ve been having other inbox issues.

A few messages I’ve deleted keep popping up into my inbox. (But if I refresh the page, they disappear.)

The inbox notification sometimes shows that I have unread messages, but then there aren’t any. And then the notification disappears.

And sometimes I’ll get a message. I’ll read it and then I can’t find it in my inbox. But then it shows up sometimes :L

Buggy, buggy, buggy… Anyone else notice anything?

Me too scircus. Started happening to me from yesterday. Some kind of inbox ghost playing tricks.

Same over here, since yesterday.

Viki is driving me nuts since yesterday… all kinds of errors.
Right now my PM box says I have 1 unread message but everything is empty.

I can’t delete messages!!! this is driving me crazy…the “405 not allowed” message keeps showing up…now I know I’m not alone, but there are so many bugs lately. the problem is, that is becoming a habit, so I don’t think is weird anymore but again is not something good that we get used to so many bugs an errors.

I actually got a response from the help center within 12 hours of sending a message this time.
This is the response I received. It helped to know there was a quick response with some info. It would be helpful if Viki were able to let people know that there may be problems in advance when they are working on something. That would help to lower the level of frustration if it was something we knew to expect. I know there are unexpected things that pop up, but when there are things that are known that could cause a disruption it would be helpful to have a notice posted.

Kristine, Sep 16 10:05 AM:
Hi there,

You should now be able to login. The reason you were experiencing those problems is because as the Viki community grows, the website can experience system errors due to a large amount of traffic. To fix this, our engineers are currently migrating data to a bigger, stronger system that can better handle user traffic. Because of this, you should see a dramatic decrease in login issues and system timeouts in the near future.

Unfortunately, our engineers reported that this issue may arise again later today. If that is the case, I recommend you check our Viki Status page on Twitter, where we update the Viki community about site-wide issues. You can find that page here: https://twitter.com/vikistatus

Best,
Kristine

Yeah I also told them a few times already to keep Viki users more informed. But it seems so hard to do so sometimes. Not only with this problem but also when there is trouble uploading eps… then as a team you wait till you can work. Is it so hard for Viki staff to to post “Hi everyone, we have trouble with the ep, it should be fixed in about an hour.”
But maybe I think too simple… I don’t know.

3 Likes