Is anyone into ASMR?

“Mom, Adrian’s being weird again!” :crazy_face:

No, it’s nothing weird or gross. ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response and… Actually, I think it’s easier to just show it to you:

4 Likes

I know the ASMR community.
It’s not my thing per se, not grossed out by it either.
I do like cooking channels that focus on the cooking sounds instead of music / talking (although I like those too) :blush:.

5 Likes

Oh, that’s nice. I just can’t get into those. I’d be hungry all the time. :sweat_smile: :yum:

6 Likes

not my thing either but I like cooking/craft videos with the sound enhanced and the directions in the subs instead of the person talking

since i follow the variety show MMTG, they introduced this branch of ASMR entertainment. I found it rather pointless, but I guess some people enjoy it

4 Likes

Nino is especially known for his subs :rofl:

2 Likes

Hello, Fellow Nino Fans!! :joy::joy:
Nice to meet you.

2 Likes

I like those too, it’s weird… there is a Korean I think pastry chef, you never see the face but hear all the sounds and I’m not sure anymore if Jun’s cooking also and that Chinese lady in the mountains I think there you hear the sounds as well… The sounds are intriguing and relaxing at the same time… I cannot explain why, lol.

There are actually several Korean cooking/baking channels with ASMR, I’ve never paid attention to what that means :laughing: One sound I dislike in dramas is when they pour wine in a glass and it just makes similar sound like when you pee and it annoys me a lot… it’s strange…

I just remembered that sometimes when I visited mom I slept in her queen size bed and she would read newspapers or magazines and the paper would make a rustling sound and it was very soothing and made me fall a sleep… I do miss it sometimes… :sweat_smile:

I can’t believe it, but I found video with page turning paper sound, lol, this is weird… :rofl: Why does this particular sound help falling asleep???

Great topic @adrianmorales ! But I do get a tingling sensation also from watching a person brushing / styling someone’s hair!!!

4 Likes

There are soo many :laughing:. Like Cooking Tree, Delicious day, HidaMari (Japanese), Hanse, etc. (I feel like I’m forgetting someone who’s popular too :laughing:).

Jun’s channel is a hybrid. He talks, but sometimes you just hear sounds.

Do you mean Liziqi? Or Dianxi Xiaoge? Or one of the many other channels that have popped up in the last few years … so many O.O

Cooking sounds especially take me back to my childhood. My mom love(s/d) cooking, so you could always hear sounds from the kitchen. For me cooking is also really relaxing. The food at the end is a bonus :smile:. Unless I’m really hungry, then it’s the goal, lol.

Oh, newspapers remind me of my dad :smile:. If he was reading them and didn’t have the tv on, then this is all you heard.

5 Likes

You are most welcome. And I do have you covered.

3 Likes

oh I love his subtitles :heart::joy::joy: - and his cats!! I like watching Li Zi Qi and Dianxi Xiaoge too, once in a while. The videos are so relaxing

2 Likes

Oh, I love watching ASMR videos, it’s so calming! There are different ones I like to watch, some for cooking, some for beauty and others.

The channel of Twix, mostly spa, massage, beauty, hair-care:

Ecuador Live, it’s kind of weird, funny, I’m always amused about the tools, they are using, but I can’t explain it, but it’s nice:

The Japanese cooking channel Peaceful Cuisine:

Delicious Day - a Korean cooking channel with very nice recipes:

5 Likes

I’m not super into the eating but I enjoy watching the asmr cooking videos :slight_smile:
this lady has nice videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-xS-dkz3a0

also I like stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBhLPJX1m2M
really cute videos she calls her bento boxes ‘husbentos’ she makes them for her husband’s lunch :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I like watching Imamu’s videos as well :smile:

Hahah I feel like I’ve hijacked @adrianmorales ASMR thread with cooking channels since I know most of these :rofl:

5 Likes

haha :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

ooh I love Delicious Day! I really can’t figure how they make everything look so cute :sob: I tried her bear-shaped buns and they ended up looking like monsters! :joy: Nino and she seem to refer to each others’ recipes sometimes, so it’s fun to check the different ideas each one comes up with

3 Likes

I love this guy’s voice and his ASMR Meditations!

He has a lot of sleep stories and other meditations I love!

1 Like

ASMR eating by SAS. I find it tricks my body into thinking I’ve been eating. :woman_shrugging:t5: She eats such a variety of foods. Some no talking, and some with talking. Some with only her mouth, and what she ordered, or prepared. Some with full face, eating, and talking. She’s a really neat eater, and entertaining.

A tranquil get-a-way!

1 Like

How? Anytime I watch someone eat something that remotely resembles food, I get hungry. Doesn’t matter if I were to just finish eating.

1 Like

I feel for you, but. . .

I actually feel stuffed! :rofl:

1 Like

There probably is something to it. Seen that shoe video before and rather than feel full it’s more an aversion triggered by memory of all the times I’ve had to eat the old Easter eggs left over from last Easter, only to make room for this years gifted Easter eggs :persevere: It gets sickly sweet having to eat an entire medium sized egg (equivalent chocolate as that shoe) in a day, never mind in one go. Even more triggering when I’ve eaten the eggs with the white chocolate inside layer. (not fond of white chocolate)
Add to that the ASMR amplified sound of chocolate breaking, same sound when having to break off yet another piece to eat.
Maybe this year I should ask that people gift real eggs, what with inflation and the (UK) egg shortage? :+1:

It’s the same feeling if you can judge visually how much food you need to feel full and you get it wrong (Eyes bigger than your stomach) and you get that uncomfortable stuffed feeling. It’s all learned experience.
Watch a mukbang video as they go pass your limit (early in the video for light eaters) and it suddenly ‘seems’ like you’re now watching a gorging video as that would be what you would be doing. :smiley: :grinning: :slightly_smiling_face: :neutral_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :face_with_spiral_eyes::nauseated_face:

Have you ever gone to do food shopping because you’re hungry and another time after eating because it needs to be done? My results:
Going hungry: no need to cook, anything junk, snacks, cakes, bread, biscuits, sweets.
Going full: nothing appeals, maybe a replacement carton of milk, a sponge and some toothpaste.

3 Likes