Is it just me or has the main Viki website been infuriatingly slow recently?

For the past 1 month (maybe even a bit longer) the site has been a bit sluggish but during the past few days things got WAY worse.
Navigating around the website is quite infuriating if I’m being completely honest…
The video player and subtitle editors work perfectly fine on the other hand.
I don’t think it’s my computer or internet connection since other websites work fine. (Using Chrome by the way.)

I’m not complaining, it’s that I’m just genuinely puzzled.

3 Likes

Same, must be their GDPR updates cookies and stuff.

The same here. I’m using Safari, the viki website is even slower than a free site with advertorials. Viki, please communicate what’s wrong, so I can understand.

1 Like

Same here…it was driving me nuts …the wait was way too long. I finally logged off and then back in. That did help…much better…still a bit slow.
I’M using Chrome on my "Tablet ".

No, it’s working just fine. Please clear your cache or use a different browser.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/viki.com.html

Definitely true for me too. I figured it was my computer - ha ha. Nice to know I’m not alone.

1 Like

Works fine for me. I use Opera.

The problem seems to have been solved.

This problem hasn’t been solved at all and I’m using Safari. It takes 30 seconds or more to view a page or new episode on the Viki website. Other websites work fine on my computer so it isn’t my browser.

1 Like

I’m removing the Solved from the title then. :sweat_smile:
It did improve significantly for me, though.

Not solved, the pages are loading sooo slow. It’s driving me crazy, when I want to answer subbers requests and each message is loading for 20 seconds or more.

1 Like

I notice the same thing I thought it was my internet but its fine, them I thought I had a virus and it’s was not the reason. As time goes by I notice it’s not me but maybe they are moving servers or something. Overall I try to still maintain myself and watched a view old drama’s but I hope this get fixed soon. fighting Viki

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thank you for writing in and we appreciate you taking the time to do so! We’re aware of this and our engineering team is currently looking into it.

Best,
Camille
Viki Community Team

1 Like

Thank you for taking action. I just got mail that this problem should have been solved, but every page is still running slow. First it took me 30 seconds, now it’s 12. Agreed, there’s some progress here, but still…not good.
Perhaps you guys should invest in more servers? It shows Viki has become more popular, let’s hope it stays that way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a very polite post.

As of Nov. 19, 2019, I’m still having the same problem! No matter which browser I use. I pay for VIKI and get better service from the free sites (which I end up going to while waiting for a selected drama or episode to load on Viki I end up watching a good minute of the episode somewhere else before Viki finishes loading the same drama. Really really frustrating and not acceptable for a paid product.

2 Likes

@lorradear_56

Ask them for a refund and maybe that will get them to pay attention to your ongoing issue. I predict this site is going down at the pace is going right now.

1 Like

I am having same issue since past 2 weeks. It works fine on phone and smart tv app but browsers have been painfully slow.

1 Like

having the same issue

1 Like

Two issues I’ve started noticing on Discussions:
1-The pics of people who reply to a post are supposed to appear on the right side of each post, but It only shows the person who replied last and the original poster. If the last reply was by the original poster, then only that appears.
2- The number of views of recent posts are almost always zero, no matter how many people have viewed and replied.
Am I wrong?