Is it just me or has the main Viki website been infuriatingly slow recently?

Yeah same here… Regret to pay 1 year membership already, Netflix a lot better!!!

Its the Chrome, all the apps and everything run fine, chrome is extremly slow loading.

I had the same issue. Running Chrome on OSX Catalina. I had to clear my cache. Under SETTINGS-PRIVACY and SECURITY, CLEAR CACHE. Resolved the performance issue for me.

I’m having slow loads when i click video’s. the website itself loads fine but when i click videoes its slow. I tried clearing cookies and the cache it did not help

can anyone help, the videos load slow in Chrome, they work fine on microsoft edge but i prefer chrome. I did clear the cache and cookies and did not help.

I use Opera and it’s fine. And it doesn’t spy on you. You could try it. It’s based on Chromium too, so it shouldn’t feel foreign to you.

time to fire your engineers !
my equipment: VikiPass Standard…Windows 10 Pro…Chrome, up to date AND cleaned up…Super PC…100Mbps internet…
location Chicago, USA.

streaming is fine,
what people complain about here is the website itself, browsing the Viki.com website on a PC is very slow,
it’s frustrating to try to find something, every page needs between 5-10 seconds to load.
And please don’t say it’s my internet or PC, i understand computers and networking very well.
Everything else on my machine is FAST except Viki.com.

It is NOT Chrome’s fault, same issue with Edge and New 2020 Edge

It has been like this for more than a year now. Please do something about this, you are losing customers.
Again, please, pretty please fix this. Thank you and have a great day. Jyb

2 Likes

camiille is moving to the Marketing Team. There was a post about it the other day.

On the other hand, this sort of technical thing I think belongs to the Help Center.
Either on the Community forum (it’s not bugs anymore, they changed the title? Confusing) or by submitting a request/opening a ticket.

OK,
I reposted in the Help Center.
Thank you all for your good work.
Have a awesome day.
Jyb

1 Like

I also agree. My internet is over 100 Mbps and the cause has to be with Viki. The home page contains too much information and is difficult to navigate. I just want to see the ratings and the latest releases. Let a person search for special dramas if they want instead of trying to look the same as Netflix. Refer to http://www.koreandrama.org/whats-showing-now/ - it is simple -gives a lot of info -loads fast.