[Viki Community] Meet the Viki Community Team!

Hello everyone!

It’s a new year, as well as the start of a new decade! Viki also celebrated its 10-year anniversary last year (crazy, right?!). Whether you’re a new or a long-time contributor, our team thought it would be a great time to do a new Viki Community Team intro post.

What is the Viki Community Team?

The Viki Community Team is here to make the Viki contributing experience fun and enjoyable! Our team works together on a variety of projects and continually explores new means and methods to make contributing fun and smooth. We also keep the health of the community in check, including providing support, and listening to your feedback and suggestions and bringing them back to Viki.

We are based in different ends of the globe but we come together often to discuss and make decisions in the best interest of you, our community.

Meet the Viki Community Team Members

Sean
or giant_sean on Viki

Hello, my name is Sean. Before working on the Community Team, I previously worked as a video editor for Viki cutting trailers and burning subtitles into videos. I wish to learn the Italian language one day and visit Europe.

Adriana
or amm11 on Viki

Hello Everyone! My name is Adriana. In my free time I like to go to various concerts, try out new food, and binge watch TV shows, K-dramas, T-dramas, J-dramas, C-dramas, and sometimes Thai dramas and Telenovelas. I am a native Spanish speaker, and wish to possibly learn a new language.

SL
or fsl_viki on Viki

Hi everyone, I’m SL, a new member of our Viki team. I came from broadcast TV, and have recently worked in the magical world of anime, mainly in localization, licensing and programming here in Asia. For fun, I consume movies (all-time Asian favs include Oldboy, Battle Royale and Infernal Affairs) and music (mostly J-rock, X-Japan, Laruku, Luna Sea).

Stephy
or steph_may on Viki

Hi everyone, this is Stephy! I used to work in the broadcast TV industry for the past 7 years, mainly in presentation and operations. I am Malaysian, and I can speak 3 languages plus 2 dialects. In my free time, I like to binge-watch movies, TV shows and/or TV dramas. I also enjoy going for a walk, or for a hike out in nature.

Brenda
or brendas on Viki

Hello Viki Community, I’m Brenda! I got my start in online communities when I managed Yahoo’s first community for women way back when. Since then, I’ve gone from retail to education and finally to Viki and the world of Asian entertainment! Feel free to send me some recommendations so I can fill up my Viki Watchlist!

__

If you ever have any questions that you can’t find the answers to here in Discussions or in the Help Center FAQs, you’re always welcome to get in touch with us here. You can also reach out directly to a member of the Viki Community Team by sending them a private message (PM).

Remember that your fellow community members are also here to help!

If you hang around Discussions, you’re sure to see long-time contributors around sharing tips and advice, answering questions, and jumping in on interesting conversations. Please give these amazing people a virtual high-five!

These community members apply the knowledge and skills they’ve gained as contributors on Viki over time to make the experience better for all of us.

Viki community members come from all over the world and bring together all kinds of experience and different perspectives. Often, they can answer some questions you may have, so don’t hesitate to reach out to your fellow community members!

Cheers,
The Viki Community Team

36 Likes

:clap: Wishing Camille all the best in the marketing team!

5 Likes

Thank you for the overview and wishing all members and camille the best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @piranna and @rose_shn! :hugs:

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The new Video player beta version - I hate it!

Thank you for this new introduction post, now we have an updated list of who to PM when needed.

And good luck in the marketing team @camiille! And thanks for helping me a lot, you used to be my go to staffer to PM :wink: Now I need to find an other ‘victim’ :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you for your collaboration with us, volunteers, during these two years and a half!
Some of us will miss you (got to see you last September for the call, and you had this serious vibe!)

:ok_woman: Time flies so fast!

1 Like

I wonder if @jeslynl had her account hacked as I got a very strange PM from her according to my email notification but I cannot see the PM in my Viki inbox. I get more strange PM’s from people from time to time but that it came from a staffer is odd, and that the PM is deleted from my inbox while I didn’t do that myself is very strange too. I don’t like the idea someone might have gone in my inbox without my knowledge due privacy reasons.

Do you know anything regarding this issue @mariliam @amyk @giant_sean

Hey @dudie! Rest assured that I am not hacked, nor do we access inboxes! :slight_smile: I’ve reached out to you privately with more details - have a look at your email inbox!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The new Video player beta version - I hate it!

A little thought to Viki Community and the Viki teams, both as a whole in regards to coronavirus: stay safe and hope you can work from home.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hello! @vikicommunity
Can you guys please update this list with the current available Community Managers?
I know jeslynl and camiille are no longer part of the Community Team.
Anyone else???
I don’t seem to see mariliam around. Maybe she is not part of the team either???

It would be awesome to know who to contact.
Thank you!

7 Likes

There was an update in January
https://discussions.viki.com/t/viki-community-january-2022-updates/42331

6 Likes

Welcome new team members! I am really happy to see a LUNA SEA fan in the team!!! :+1::+1::+1:

(No, I never was a member of SLAVE, but I was a member of FC Pyro, No Name and RKF. Uses to travel to Japan annually for concerts and fan club events and report on concerts for a J-rock page)

3 Likes

Welcome new Viki Community Team Members,I’m looking forward working with you and wishing you tons of fun too! :partying_face: :clap: :shinto_shrine::japanese_castle:

5 Likes

Welcome to our new community members, hope you’ll have fun here on Viki as we share our love for drama, anime and Asian music! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your very warm introduction! I’m looking forward to work with all of you on future projects! :heart::hibiscus::tada:

And good luck and lots of fun for Camille in the Marketing Team! :sparkles:

6 Likes

@amm11,
Welcome!
https://discussions.viki.com/groups/moderators

Your profile though. . .
https://c.tenor.com/POE7FnX0c3wAAAAM/yooahin-looking.gif

Still. . . Thanks for addressing the community flagged post, posted by ssgacor88_341
Screenshots_2021-06-04-07-25-50

3 Likes