It is just me or the new drama on viki become rare?

I barely find fresh dramas these days, do you feel the same ?

2 Likes

Yes that´s exactly what i think and when viki have new dramas they are not available in my country.:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Actually, I feel there is still a big number of new dramas coming up every week, but they’re not the hyped dramas.

2 Likes

Coming soon, 1 Korean 3 Chinese 2 of them last year or older, start learning Mandarin, xie xie… :wink:

2 Likes

can you name one of the dramas you can’t see… could be perhaps the browser… I use Opera for viki mostly…
there is also “hao” meaning “good, ok, well” and “ni hao” for Hello :slight_smile: the intonation (different sounds) is another adventure :wink:

Not at all. I would need more hours in each day to keep up with all the new stuff airing. Fortunately not all are to my taste, so I have some days in the week when there is no new episode to view - so I can watch some “oldies but goodies”, of which there are so many!

2 Likes

You won’t believe this! They are working now except it takes very very long before it starts playing. I don’t understand why this is happening bc the others (korean Spanish dramas etc…play normally)

You are my sisters I was already on episode 41 when suddenly I saw a black screen only. Now I can finish watching the end!!!

The classic mountain and seas

Ice Fantasy (so glad is working now!)

Rift of the Sky The three heroes and 5 Gallant

Sparrow is no longer black screen but it won’t play at all. (This is the only one that so far is not working for me)

So weird how all of a sudden is working but I’m glad bc I can watch them. Is not my internet bc I checked already.

By the way I use Google Chrome and I am not able to log in with them anymore I log in with my e-mail.

Yeah I’m not seeing a major difference either. I see lots of dramas airing right now but they don’t appeal to me and that’s fine.

1 Like

I actually came to lurk on these discussion boards in hope someone had brought this up and hey it is the first thread. I think we are probably based in similar countries as it seems a good majority of new dramas are simply not available to us when viki grabs the license for them. You also don’t know that they are even on viki and unavailable to you until you go searching for them and you see the message of doom.

5 Likes

the consequences of competition and increased internet screening. But some dramas are accessible for QC’s, not all. (why countries which are licensed are not anymore listed on Viki is, because the media contenders are requesting this apparently, not Viki).
For anyone having issues with viewing videos, try Opera browser :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t understand 1 thing, dramas airing on Viki mostly “Excusive” appear a week or 2 on DF, I’m kinda puzzled if DF even get them with subs… what do you think. Very rarely dramas airing on DF appear soon after on Viki… these dramas still carry on their cover page ‘Viki Exclusive’ while they aren’t anymore…

1 Like

Good point. I’ve noticed that too. They get the “exclusives” really quickly after they air. We, on the other hand, have to wait months to see them here. It has to be part of the negotiation to keep them as exclusives longer. It may be expensive, so they let them go.

1 Like

btw can’t access editors “videos are delete” is the message…

Subtitle editor just crashed. I was in the middle of editing and poof.

2 Likes

Hi Simi!
The exclusive might be because of airing in non-Americas, since DF is only there …

I get what you’re saying, sadly nothing stays forever the same, there is advancement, development and competition. Many chain stores or restaurants in US are closing… there is kinda a natural change towards different markets it seems people have less money because thrift stores are blooming.

DF was bought in 2016 (or 2015) by Time Warner and had some changes like exclusive rights during certain time with particular media contenders. I have seen years ago Viki drama on hulu with the Viki logo just like DF streamed a bit later their dramas. Today hulu isn’t accessible free like then. Actually you can read more about the partnering on wikipedia.

One advantage Viki has is the global viewing while others focus on the Americas only.
I’m no NF consumer but they are trying to catch up with the market and this might create more pressure since they are globally represented. - So let’s enjoy here good times, although they have changed, while it lasts :cry:

1 Like

It does feel like a sad goodbye: :sob:

PS. I was talking about my subtitles on DF back in 2012/2013 not now though. I never went back after I saw that happening since I was really upset about it.

Since you say DF was bought by Time Warner’s that is called SPECTRUM now (I’m one of their customers) all they did was change their name and they still cheating us (overcharging) and giving bad quality services

But in my case I have no choice but to have them as my carrier bc my complex did a $$$$ millions of dollar contract with them and we can only get cable/internet services from them. No other company is allowed in our premises and they even threaten us with eviction if we do!

They alleged the other companies will destroy the property by making ‘‘holes’’ etc… and that constitute damage to the property. The tenants that did defied them were given notice to remove them or face evictions. lol

That’s how businesses like this work is control control so all the money money goes to them. But like I said, we can not blame them since too much competition is out there. Any business person protects what is theirs which makes common sense.

I just wish viki site owners the best of whatever they decide.

Okay, I have to completely disagree here. While things are changing, they are also changing for the better. I do not see the tragic deterioration of Viki, as some have described it, but merely finding one’s own niche. As somebody aptly said already: What do you mean there’s less dramas, when I have so much work to do all the time?

In case somebody forgot, Viki is also moving forward. Soompi merger for one thing.

But, perhaps the most neglected in this discussion is the obvious fact that Viki is much more than a US site. It is THE ONLY international site that allows people from all over the world to view Asian content legally.

Oh, and our good pal DF also on a regular basis puts nice little stickers “DF exclusive” when those same dramas are more than regularly showing on Viki. It’s just a gimmick, pay no mind.

3 Likes

Sadly some of you describe the same fears as mine :frowning: I really hope they will be able to continue but I feel that they try to resist by only improve things around like that “created” channel.

1 Like

Lately, I have been very disappointed :sob: with Viki. They failed to license many good dramas. Does this mean that from now on, things will be like this? Will Viki never get the most anticipated and successful dramas? They could at least secure the license for certain countries.

Here is, for me, the big missing ones:

1. The King: Eternal Monarch with Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun

2. Hi Bye, Mama! with Kim Tae Hee and Lee Kyu Hyung

3. Hospital Playlist with Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho

4. Chocolate with Ha Ji Won and Yoon Kye Sang

5. My Country with Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan and Kim Seol Hyun

6. Arthdal Chronicles with Jang Dong Gun, Song Joong Ki, Kim Ji Won and Kim Ok Bin

7. Catch The Ghost with Moon Geun Young and Kim Seun Ho

8. Crash Landing on You with Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin

9. Itaewon Class with Park Seo Joon, Kim Da Mi, Kwon Na Ra

10. Hyena with Joo Ji Hoon and Kim Hye Su

11. The World of the Married with Kim Hee Ae, Park Hae Joon and Han So Hee

12. Dinner Mate with Son Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye, Lee Ji Hoon and Son Na Eun

13. Mystic Pop-up Bar with Hwang Jung Eum, Yook Sung Jae and Choi Won Young

2 Likes