"It's Okay, That's Love" predictions and other topics (NOT spoiler-free)

Hello.

This thread is for those that have either seen all the episodes thus far, or are ok with some spoilers.

I’m loving this drama so badly, that I feel the urge to discuss with you guys the little insinuations in the script about our main hero’s potential disorder(s) and what this might mean for the story and its romantic couple.

I’m just gonna ask it:

Do you think Jang Jae Yul has Lou Gehrig’s disease?

This is something Ji Hae Soo mentions in episode 8, that Kang Woo’s symptoms (stiff fingers and constant caughing) are first signs of this disease. Additionally, Jang Jae Yul has occasional inappropriate emotional reactions, such as laughing in very serious and sad situations, which may merely be part of his personality. But it doesn’t have to be.

I’m worried, people. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m worried too :frowning:
I had the same reaction after watching the episode…
Well, when I first saw what happend with Kang Woo (when they were running and he suddenly dissapeared) I was so shocked!!! LOL
I wish that it doesn’t end with some REALLY dramatic situation (I won’t mention death LOL) Cause it’s a very nice drama!

anyway, it’s really nice talking about dramas (you can consider me new on viki, 'cause I wasn’t that active)
Thank you for the topic!
Have a nice day/ night :smile:

#KMD

I think he has traits of schizophrenia and post-traumatic stress disorder, what I’m not sure yet is what Kang Woo disease means, if he is really disappearing because Jae Yul is actually talking with her of his problems and someone is getting to know him or what…is very interesting this drama.

Hi louna_kiorie.

Welcome to Discussions and hope to see you here often :slight_smile:

I was also shocked when I saw the ending in episode 4. Like, speachless.

1 Like

At first I thought schizophrenia, as well.

But, now I think it’s Multiple personality disorder. I see Kang Woo as a representation of young Jang Jae Yul, beaten by his father, unable to help his mother. Additionally, Kang Woo seems to represent Jae Yul’s sickness, a way of separating himself from a potential huge illness and problems in life.

Kang Woo appeared for the first time when Jang Jae Beom stabbed Jae Yul. The only other person Kang Woo tried interacting with, besides Jae Yul, was Ji Hae Soo. As if Jae Yul’s sick counterpart is reaching out for her to help him.

1 Like

Girls! did you see this post?
https://www.facebook.com/240177012858125/photos/a.240177626191397.1073741828.240177012858125/249700898572403/?type=1&theater
OMG!!! I feel that we’re on the right way! kkkk
anyway, it was really nice of him to do so (and he challenged other actors too) WOW!!
Looking forward to know what will be there response!

1 Like

It’s definitely not multiple personality disorder. Those people become a different identity, not talk to one. It seems like schizophrenia, because they hallucinate. The PTSD seems linked to his sleeping in the bathroom. I don’t know why he has OCD, but it could be related to guilt from killing his stepdad. The ALS is not related to the other psych problems, but based on the discussion the couple has, it seems to be where the drama’s headed. It affects middle-aged men. These two have a lot to face going forward. Should be fun!

1 Like

I think there are more possibilities here.

1. Kang Woo is the disease itself, not just his repressed memories.
  2. Kang Woo is his younger self, thus no more Lou Gehrig’s disease, but schizophrenia. In this scenario, Kang Woo’s sickness can be perceived as Jae Yul getting better and Kang Woo thus having to die, disappearing only to be assimilated by Jae Yul when he remembers what happened 15 years ago.

If Jae Yul has sclerosis, then… Davichi’s video(here) with Hae Soo on the cliff remembering the moments in episode 8, it’s accurate. Another “A Love to Kill” plot… making us cheer for them and then… poof, they’re gone. I am gonna be soooo pissed and sad and I’m going to cry so much. Even now my heart is hurting just thinking about it, because I love the characters so much, they’re so real ( Jo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin are AMAZING!)

But! Hopefully they understand that we need the hope of life in TV-dramas, not the certainty of death.

You can see clearly that the two, Zo In Sung and Lee Kwang Soo, are old friends. And major jokester, both of them.

1 Like

Not necessarily. When trying to remember what MPD is, I often think of the movie Fight club. There two personalities interact with each other. Another major MDS symptom is loss of time/memory. The only time I’ve seen that happen to Jae Yul is when driving a car with Kang Woo in the opposite direction to traffic. At first I ascribed this to slight suicidal tendencies Jae Yul might experience. But, later on, the two of them talk as if this happened to them before, again when two two were talking to each other.

@morico, when thinking about what might happen, I share your thoughts completely. Seriously, if worst happens, I’m going to have to take a mental break from Kdrama! It’s been a while since I was so invested in a drama couple. I would hate the title “It’s Okay, It’s Love” to actually refer to “It’s okay, he dies, but that’s love”!

I didn’t want to mention Davichi’s video, because I didn’t want to jinx anything. If it’s Lou Gehrig disease, then the video might be correct. But I was thinking the video could be misleading. I mean, this is the woman writer, who adapted the script for That Winter, the Wind blows. She had me nervously rocking in my chair in the last episode like a mad woman, sweating, biting my nails, questioning myself backwards and forwards “Is he alive? Yes, I’m sure he is. They wouldn’t do that to me. But, what if he isn’t?”

We just got to take it easy [breathes deeply and falls back into the chair]…

@bozoli
You are right. To see the glass half-full, thinking about TWTWB is best, which in the movie there is a tragic ending and in the TV-drama we have a beautiful hopeful, sunshine-on-my-alley ending.

I am going to take it one episode at a time. But I’m soo sticking with these characters, cheering them until the very end, whether it’s happy or sad.

LOL it’s even in Korea ? :smiley: :smiley:

I see videos all over Facebook. Even George Bush did it haha

1 Like

It’s so heartwarming! and it makes it seem like soooo fun! LOL
and seeing a korean celebrity doing it, makes me feel kind of proud LOL XD

After watching episode 9, I find that the writers are toying maybe a bit too much with our emotions. Another possible disease (shared psychotic disorder)!
But the episode was full of fluffy feelings, I might even have seen a rainbow somewhere in there ^^ Love them both… It was a perfect episode, putting the imminent disease aside.

Quite lovely how they focused on their relationship in this episode, rather than their individual issues. :slight_smile:

Oh, and Kang Woo really needs to die.

HAHAHAHAHHA why did this make laugh so much ? The way you said that omg dies

I’m watching ep 10 now and I can’t figure out who Kang Woo is. At first I thought he is Jae Yul’s younger self as he wanted to be as he was younger, some sort of hallucination. But it seems more complex then just that. I mean they even seem to call each other and Kang Woo even hands over a script but on the other hand we only see Jae Yul getting stuck at writing when he does write. And Kang Woo seems to live his past.

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have ALS, I did read a few stories of patients and the Jdrama Boku no Ita Jikan and it doesn’t match too me. I did read that for OCD you can have some tics you need to do, like checking something any times.

It won’t surprise me if he also have some sort of memory loss. Jae Yul has gabs in his memory. I believe he once run from home because his parents and brother did beat him but then he seems to have happy memories with his mother and seems to care for his brother. I sometimes have the feeling the brother is faking it for some reason. But he keeps saying his younger brother killed his fther and he took the blame for it… what if that’s indeed true even if it’s just for self defense? But he doesn’t remember because it’s too traumatic?

He has more symptoms for ALS, according to ep10. But! I am going to say he has schizophrenia.
After ep.10, when we see his brother’s memories of the crime, we can say that Jae Yul also has some type of PTSD, since he’s blocked the truth about the crime.
And I still hope that neither he, nor Jae Beom is the killer. They both have suffered so very much, that to have one as the guilty one is hard. Hopefully is that shared psychotic disorder that we’ve seen in the last 2 eps, you know the one with the couple that sees cockroaches.

1 Like

I think it was an accident. From the memories of Jae Beom we could see that he pushed the stepfather. Jae Yul had the knife in his hand and the stepfather fell on him. Since Jae Yul also fainted we can assume that he got too shocked by it. It’s known that you “forget” traumatic things from your past to protect yourself. And Jae Beom tried to protect Jae Yul and admitted the murder. So Jae Yul thinks it was really his brother and just accepted it as the truth.

Kang Woo appeared after the fork incident. I think Jae Yul’s subconscious got touched in a way. We know that Kang Woo knows the truth and that Jae Yul doesn’t accept it. It showed when Kang Woo gave him the first script. I’m pretty sure that Kang Woo is his past self. He lives in Jae Yul’s old house, has an abusive father and also writes. It could be that Jae Yul wants to prevent Kang Woo from making the same mistake. At the same time he remembers things from the past through him.

I think Jae Yul has schizophrenia mixed with PTSD . He sees Kang Woo and his parents. He even fights with them.

With this he-probably-has-ALS direction that the drama is going toward, I don’t foresee a happy ending…TT____TT