"It's Okay, That's Love" predictions and other topics (NOT spoiler-free)

Love your optimism! We have to be strong in this: He has no ALS!

Btw, I found a concrete solution to his tick in his right arm: in episode 8, when they’re on a vacation in that traditional Japanese house, Hae Soo mentions this could be a consequence of nerve damage made by the fork stabbing.

I know I’m grasping straws here, but I’m keeping the optimism going! :slight_smile:

I see people choosing between diseases. You all realize it’s possible for a person to have more than one, right?

1 Like

Yep. It’s a spectrum of disorders, rather than a single category.

You are right. He can have more than one. And we know this.
But we are hoping it’s not the one where he dies, more so a painfully slow death. We hope it’s the one where even though he has an imaginary friend, the strong medications can alleviate the pain and the disease itself.
As we were shown in the beginning of the series, the patient with schizophrenia can live an acceptable life if he or she takes the prescribed medication.

That couple was definitely a foreshadowing tool. He’s gonna want to kill himself, whether because he gets diagnosed with ALS or something else that affects his writing.

I was thinking the finger twitching was more of his subconscious knowing that was the hand he held the knife, ultimately what killed the dad. It’s all very interesting symbolism as well because he’s a writer, which uses the fingers to type, but the writing itself has obviously been fuled by his past and what he might have done? I don’t know I’m crossing my finger it only goes as deep as that- symbolism and the like. It will be so sad if he has another issue.

I’m already feeling super anxious about when he finds out about Kang Woo, that’s going to be an absolute mess.

All I can say to the 11th and 12th episode is: Here we go!

Btw, can anybody explain to me why this series has not gotten any love from Viki?

In comparison Fated to Love You has gotten more than its rightful share of promotions. For one, it is constantly on the homepage slideshow. Secondly, every time I watch one of the on-air shows, Fated to Love You is always the next one in line. It makes me want to NOT start watching FtLY anymore.

In contrast, Soompi reports It’s Okay, It’s Love is no. 1 watched programme:

http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/26/its-okay-thats-love-ranks-as-top-program/

Notice the lack of a certain drama in this ranking.

You know, I’ve also been wondering about that. And the rankings that supposedly <_< it has in Korea, which are 9th & 11th place.

Maybe it’s too taboo

Off-topic:
Fated to Love You… sorry to its fans, but for me it doesn’t beat the original one. There was such raw pain in that Chen Xin Yi and so much hurt in Ji Cun Xi. Especially the scene where she crosses over the street, in that dreadful episode where her pain and despair are overbearing (those who’ve seen it, know what I’m talking about) And that woman did actually become a badass in her pottery and in her dealings with Cun Xi. Loved it! And I guess I’m going to watch it again

But the Korean version has eye-candy aka Jang Hyuk, and there is chemistry between the leads. With a few twists and turns they made it a full fledged Korean story.

Episode 13, that scene where Kang Woo is “free”, riding his bike with his arms spread out, like a bird ready to fly. And at the same time Jae Yul mesmerised by the sight of the window panel opening so easily.

It gave me the chills.

No, no, NO!

Btw, if I were Hae Soo, at this point, the house would not have any breakables anymore.

I think they give us a clue when Jae Yul while drunk said that he start seeing Kan woo more often after started with Hae Soo. so as I thought that she was making him better, that probably wont be the case but making him get worst T_T

Unfortunately because of the problems on viki the latest episode can’t be subbed as fast as before :frowning:

Okay, first of all, I’m writing this fresh after watching episodes 13 & 14.

The ALS is out, thankfully.

That was one hell of a roller-coaster. Everything was amazing: the acting, the setting, the pace, everything… it leaves your emotions so raw…

Even now I want to hug a pillow and cry of joy and sadness at the same time. It’s been a long time since a Korean drama was able to do that to me.

Jo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin, you are amazing actors! And everyone else was so lost in their respective roles, that you could feel their pain.

4 Likes

I can truly say that this drama is the best one I’v ever seen!
There was no one single scene/ moment i didn’t like.
Normally when i watch k-dramas i get sick after the first half but this one is just…arghhh i don’t know …it’s just so real !!!

Not only jo in sung and gong hyo jin are amazing but the whole cast!

the emptiness and innocence in jo in sung’s eyes in the very last scene of episode 14 is oscar-worthy!!

After this drama I can’t take any american tv show serious!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS DRAMA …but unfortunately it will end next week :frowning:

4 Likes

My exact my thoughts, I was thinking while watching episode 14 how solid this drama is, probably will become my favorite and the best I have seeing, their acting is amazing

1 Like

The last scene of Episode 14 broke my heart!
Ah! So well done!!

I don’t know about you gals, but I’ve been bawling my eyes out for two weeks now, with these last episodes.

Anyway, in honour of the last airing week, here’s something you’ve probably already tuned into - a YouTube playlist with a more-less complete soundtrack list to the series:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWUkgPrVIezTvwj480HsQ8w6zF-642ZA5

Hurray for the last week of a great, imaginative and exceptionally human k-drama!

2 Likes

Episode 15 was a blast! A masterpiece! D.O and Jo In Sung were absolutely wonderful!

And that last scene was so true to the representation of his hallucinations. Like a final thank you to what Kang Woo stands for. He was in fact a crutch for Jae Yul, because that was how he was able to cope with his guilt… and from his silenced pain came Kang Woo. And now after all that has happened, it is time to let the pain go away. Long story short, Kang Woo personifies Jae Yul’s pain. We knew that, now Jae Yul knows it too. He’s on the path to recovery.

The best Korean TV-drama of this year, for sure!!! But for me, it’s also one of the best ever!

Now… I’ll wait patiently for the finale. Nighty night (at least for those in Europe) !

2 Likes

I was just saying the same thing on the comments page having just watched E15. It’s so refreshing to watch an adult themed drama with such mature actors doing a superb job. This one leaves the rest behind. Not a line out of place, not a minute wasted, even the music tracks are perfect. This is easily the best drama, no doubt about it.
It better sweep up all the awards.

Ok someone directed me to former dramas and movies that Zo In Sung made. Now I can’t find that post, can’t remember which of you it was. Want to let you know I watched ‘The Frozen Flower’ 2008 so 6 years ago he was as great as he is now. Oh and I better warn you all that Koreans movies are not as sweet and innocent as their dramas so don’t go there if you prefer ‘back hugs’ and kisses that are not returned. It’s quite raw. I just wanted to see if it is the great script he has in ‘It’s Ok’ or can he deliver a great performance in anything. He’s good really good but is shinning with his co-stars in ‘It’s Ok’

1 Like

He was awesome in " That winter the wind blows " as well !!! Saw him there the first time and totally fell for him.