J-drama recommendation that you would like to see in Viki

yae no sakura. I always wanted to watch that.
And I also love the actor tatsuya fujiwara, so if you have the chance to upload one of his Dramas I would be very grateful.

I liked Zetta Kareshi as well.

半沢直樹
ホタルノヒカリ 1st Season only
リーガルハイ
日本人の知らない日本語
モテキ
結婚できない男
アットホーム・ダッド
ブザー・ビート
ファースト・キス
ビブリア古書堂の事件手帖
Tokyo Airport
花より男子
アテンションプリーズ
タイガー&ドラゴン
リアル・クローズ
クロコーチ

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
Zettai Kareshi
Hana Yori Dango
Proposal Daisakusen
Buzzer Beat
Maou
Last Friends
Innocent Love
Hotaru no Hikari
Mei-chan no Shitsuji
Nobuta wo Produce

1 Like
  • Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo 2014
  • Mr. Brain
  • Boss
  • Detective Conan 2011
  • LADY ~ Saigou no hanzai Profile
  • Hidarime Tantei EYE

there’s this one drama- I’ve wanted to see it for such a long time but nobody was subbing it and my Japanese is not good enough to understand even one sentence without subs-
I don’t remember what it’s called, but it was a story about Idk some kind of cartoonist who loves reading this one manga, and then one day the character from the manga becomes real and comes into her world. I don’t remember what it’s called, but I really wish Viki would approve the project (I remember asking for that channel to be approved)

I’d like to see the Japanese drama Sign, but I can’t find it anywhere with subtitles… it’s on youtube without subs though. The story seems interesting but I don’t understand much Japanese :confused:

Switch Girl is awesome.

Nodame Cantabile
Switch Girl
Sunadokei (Sandglass/Sand Chronicles)
PIECE

1 Like

Nakuna Haruna (sth like that) about a man who’s in a manga suddenly becomes real

last cinderella would be great:)

Hanaoni or Flower Demon (2010) J-drama * — *

Hi! I would like give a suggest to translate, its a cute j-drama that i know in youtube. Maybe its old, but its sooo sweeeet! I don’t know, i think that based of one game. Here some informations about the movie.

IMBb Details

Plot:
On her 16th birthday, Asagiri Kanna is brought to a new school and told she’s destined to marry the king of demons.

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance

Director: Kôtarô Terauchi
Stars: Hirofumi Araki, Rina Aizawa, Kei Hosogai

Language: Japanese
Release Date: 12 August 2010 (South Korea)

Some images

Have only one video in youtube but not have sub in english. ;-; Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lSfcHs6k2g

*Sorry, my english not good. XD

Bye, bye!

Hi I would like to see One Little of Tears and Last friends. They are a wonderful dramas.

Exactly!!!

If you noticed, viki stopped getting Japanese dramas after 2015.

Basically, I’d like to see Japanese works as soon as subtitles become available and they are posted on other sites like KA, Dramacool, and so on. I’d like to see classics that everyone should watch like Nobuta Wo Produce, Buzzer Beats and so on, but I want to be able to watch hot new works that become available and be able to comment/discuss like always on Viki versus elsewhere. There are so manga live action adaptions coming out, that would be good to focus on. Another good start is to follow Furritsubs on livejournal dot com and monitor d-addicts IMO.

You may want to check this thread as well.
https://discussions.viki.com/t/please-license-more-jdrama-tired-face/15805

My very first Jdrama because I didn’t dare to watch “1 litre of tears” (still my all time favorite!) first because everyone said you would cry buckets.

@dudie Mine was 14 sai no haha

Sanada Maru. Absolutely awesome historical and frankly, I had a channel asked for and it got deleted off my profile today. NHK Historical dramas are pretty good - but Sanada Maru was better than a lot of them.

But I would also like to see three linked movies shown here so fans may finally compare all three on the same site:

Seven Samurai - Akira Kurosawa/Toshiro Mifune
Seven Swords - a tribute film to Seven Samurai by an excellent director with yes, Lu Yi…
The Magnificent Seven - USA film with an amazing cast…and yes, OPENLY stolen from Seven Samurai!

I have seen all three, naturally, and believe all three films are worth subbing and watching. :slight_smile: All three are different in major cultural ways and yet the story is essentially the same. :slight_smile:

To limit ourselves to one type of Asian drama, or one type of drama - is to not embrace the amazing work throughout the world, which now can be grasped and made available to the rest of our people and enjoyed, compared, and thoroughly loved. :slight_smile:

Though I regularly work with Chinese drama here and some Korean dramas, I would enjoy running a project that did those movies - and a tough one like Sanada Maru.

GeNie of the Lamp Per Ferrum, Ad Astra…