J-Drama's love stories start REALLY fast - Why is that? Do you have a favorite J-Drama? šŸ’‹

He fell in love at first sight!!! He is one SWEET MONK!

Has anyone watched this one???

Iā€™ve been waiting for ā€˜Canā€™t Run Away from Loveā€™ to post all of its eps. I havenā€™t checked if it has in a while.

1 Like

Canā€™t Run Away From Love, is pretty good. The episodes are short but I can feel the impact with each one. I like that the fl has some self worth. She doesnā€™t just falls for the ml and becomes submissive.

SPOILER: When ml told her he liked her long hairā€¦ the next day she cut it. :rofl: Serves him right for rejecting her love.

If you liked, Coffee and Vanilla, you might like:

Itā€™s ā€œdifferentā€ :sweat_smile: I donā€™t know how else to explain it. But the leads have an interesting relationshipā€¦

Jdramas are the type I watch when I need to get away from the swamp of kdramas & cdramas. The romance happens fast but they are packed with tension. I get really skeptical watching Jdramas though because I have to make sure thereā€™s a good ending. Too many times I end up crying buckets of tears. The drama poster will look cute & fluffy and then in the middle of the plot one of the leads has an incurable diseaseā€¦ or was already deceased to begin with and weā€™re just watching their memories. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

I saw this J-movie a few years backā€¦ A guy needed a place to stay, so this girl invites him over to her place, even though they had just met. They develop feelings for each other, but a few days later, he suddenly disappears without a word. I wonā€™t spoil it for you because Iā€™m not even sure if Iā€™m remembering it correctlyā€¦ I donā€™t even know the titleā€¦

2 Likes

It sounds like Evergreen Love.

Thereā€™s actually several jdramas with this type of plot lol

2 Likes

I love Coffee and Vanilla after I got over the FL high pitched voice - I liked it better the 2x

But Love is Phantom and Incurable Case of Love right now are my FAVES

1 Like

I didnā€™t finish Coffee and Vanilla because I read that at the end they broke up.

I need to finish Love Phantom too.

Incurable Case of Love is so good! Iā€™m going to rewatch it soon. The way he looks at her like the most precious person everā€¦ :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Well sort of and not

:eyes: Iā€™ll go watch it again! Lol

1 Like

Just know there is a kiss that some people find distasteful it didnā€™t bother me in the context of the show
50 shades of Jdrama

I watched up to ep.6 I think. Iā€™ll need to rewatch the whole thing over. :fire::fire:

1 Like

I have watched it 2x. After I got over the dumb FL - I was in it for HIM!!!

Dori

2 Likes

Iā€™m fairly certain itā€™s this one. Thank you so much. And this is why I love the Viki Community. :grin: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome! I like it too. Itā€™s a wholesome plot. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Did you finish Coffee and Vanilla!???

Caring ML. Goofy and bubbly FL. I loved this one, a J-movie from 2006. Give it a shot.

1 Like

Not yet, Iā€™m planning to soon.
I started, Tsumari Sukitte ittai n Dakedo (not available on rviki)
Maybe when I finish this Iā€™ll finish C&V

1 Like

Goodness, some j-dramas are just so ABSURD itā€™s funny. I started watching Takane and Hana a few hours ago. Iā€™d probably slap Takane off the face of the earth if he was real, but I find him so cute and silly in the drama! They all act like complete weirdos, exactly like theyā€™ve jumped off the pages of a manga. I forgot how absolutely weird and wrong shoujo manga can be. I only read shonen :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

These movies are SO GOOD

Well itā€™a a bit late, but I think I know which movie you are talking about. It must be Asako I & II. I saw it while on a flight. Itā€™s a movie that leaves quite the impression.

As you said itā€™s about a woman (Asako) who when visiting a museum meets a man. She feels attracted to him and they start living together. Then he eventually disappears. And after some time she moves and meets a man who looks exactly the same as the man before but is totally different.

1 Like