[K-DRAMA] Anyone Watching "Circle"? * POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

I decided to start watching “Circle” and while the first episode was a bit confusing, it also made me really curious. Anyone else watching? Would love to discuss!

There had to be someone distracting on this drama. :slight_smile: Lee Gi Kwang is a weakness of mine. :wink:

Stray thoughts:

• Is the 2037 cop the kid of the alien and the runaway dad?
  • There’s three unsolved cases in the future: the college killings, the girl’s kidnapping and the twins’ disappearance, right? The alien woman from part one is the woman in the ads of Smart Earth in part two, right?
  • I would never want to have a see-through cellphone or PC screen. I’d rather die. :flushed: :innocent: :smiling_imp:
  • Did the twins see a butt-naked lady at such a delicate age?
  • I got “V” vibes. Nothing like any k-drama I’ve seen before. Too bad Viki didn’t get the license, although I’m not sure it could gain a strong audience here.
1 Like

It’s a drama that would probably not be enjoyed by the masses. Sci-fi is a different animal. I love that stuff, so I think it’s great.

The main plot is the disappearance of one of the twins…the one with glasses. The 2037 detective is the other twin but with a different name. He uses the excuse of the murder in Smart Earth to go in, because he’s searching for his brother.

People on Smart Earth have a chip that controls their emotions but I do think that it also controls their memories. Something funky is going on and the chairman has to be someone we already know.

I kind of like those weird phones. hahaha.

Yep, they did see a naked lady and didn’t seem to bother the dad. Odd.

I can’t wait until Monday. Episode 2 answered a lot of questions I had from ep. 1. Now, I get the basics. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have a good excuse… I just want to post another Gi Kwang gif. Sorry…not sorry. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The ages match and all that, but where I watched Chief Hong said in the subs “Go find your siblings (plural)”, so I got confused.

I’ll watch ep. 2 soon and come back!

P.S. I’m one of the few people that really enjoyed the 4400, go figure. :slight_smile:
P.P.S. Keep posting gifs. No complains by me. :slight_smile:

Same thing happened to me. Episode 2 will explain it.

So…let’s see what we got:

• The Chief is the second brother.
  • It’s all related to the junior brother’s idea to erase memories to treat PTSD.

Maybe the girl is Bluebird?

I have started watching this, really confusing, if the twins are missing, isn’t that detective one of the wins? and the head honcho of that city, isn’t it the other twin? as for that alien lady? not sure… and people controlled , wow reminder its closer than we think, 1. chip in the arm 2 those phones, remember Dick Tracy? probably not, but years ago this guy had a radio with the like our phones today, wrist watch… so whose to say this could be. 3. holograms the twists I do hope get better. the detective I think he is going to find somehing that will change that world and his. so good to see him by the way, its been awhile. now on to watch episode 3

Yes, episode 1 was very confusing. A lot happened and too many questions came up but I think episodes 2 and 3 did a good job of explaining a lot of it.

The main point is the manipulation of memories, which started at the University with the professor doing research on the brain and emotions. The suicides are surely related to that and to the present Smart Earth and its use of Human B (the chip).

I think the older cop calls it the “missing twins” to protect the younger cop (the twin). It sounds like they messed with his memories and he doesn’t remember his life back in 2017. But he does know that the chip made him forget.

I think the chairman is the University professor. As to where the other twin is? Who knows.

The whole alien angle is also strange. I do think the girl is butterfly and is hiding more than she’s shared.

All in all, I’m hooked. I loved this sort of story and they are doing a great job of it. Off to watch ep. 4 now.

Ah…more gifs. I noticed that I was just making Gi Kwang’s gifs (can’t help it), so I decided to do one of the leading men as well. Hope you like them! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t complain if it were the shower scene, btw. :wink:

Gi Kwang is way too covered up in this drama. But he does have some nice shirtless gifs out there, like these two (my personal favorites).

3 Likes

And this one from “Monster.”

2 Likes

It’s actually “Smart District” not “Smart Earth”. ( the 2 are homonyms in korean)

2 Likes

Interesting. These are the type of things that we miss when we have to watch dramas elsewhere. * cough, cough *

2 Likes

Things like that make me want to study harder.

It makes a lot more sense that it is a district rather than Earth. Glad @baekje10_945 posted about this. :slight_smile:

Oh man! Just finished ep. 4 and talk about a twist. Wow! This writer is good! Now, I need it to be Monday again real soon. :slight_smile:

I should have posted my suspicions about the twist before yesterday’s episode, because I SO called it. The one with the investigative tendencies would end up like that. I still believe the missing twin is in a position of power in Smart Earth, if not all the way to the top.

I think there’s no aliens, just clones and stuff (obviously the girl), the twins believed in aliens and explained it that way.

The second girl, the one they met at the park, I can’t remember where I’ve seen her before, and she’s not mentioned in casting.

Minor annoyances: the episodes, especially the “beta project” parts, are a bit slow. I mean, things are happening, but some scenes are a bit too long. And those two-colored pants… No.