[K-DRAMA] Anyone Watching "Circle"? * POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

I’m clear about his relationship with his brother, but the female doctor and his sunbae detective in the future that also knew him in the past, just went along with it for all those years? And if so, he didn’t even mention that they basically lied to him for 20 years when he realized who he was?

I don’t know if it’s a plot hole or I’m missing something obvious.

They haven’t explained that part clearly. Ep. 8 has a bit more detail but I don’t want to spoil it for you. It does feel like there are things that are missing. We’ll see.

I’m waiting for subs and I’ll watch it asap!

I don’t mind if they keep things from the audience for now, as long as it makes sense in the end.

Holy cow! Ep. 8 was intense. Only 4 to go. It always leaves me wanting more.

Holy cow indeed!

So, she IS an alien after all???

(If the 20-year cellphone can work perfectly, that means there’s hope than in the future we’ll have universal ports, at last, and we won’t be needing a dozen different plugs and chargers anymore, right?)

spoiler*Am I the only person who was disappointed when they found out the chairman’s real identity? I was expecting a dark and sinister character or someone who had experienced a lot of trauma in the past and the character didn’t fit any of these categories and of course the person we expected is still missing

1 Like

I hope they give him a meaningful arc, because it was shocking but didn’t make much sense.

Don’t worry, I’m still confused about how that whole situation came to past. He was the one who created the little bugs/robots, but seemed to find the whole testing on humans situation morally repulsive…but NOW we find out clearly something changed. I have to admit…I’m very intrigued to see where the writers take this.

Two episodes to go. 9 & 10 were intense. I’m very curious about how they are going to wrap this up. :slight_smile:

It’s so confusing… I’m pretty sure Woo Jin did control the super computer but I wonder if he did it willingly or not. It seems to me that he was forced and finally escaped so the super computer stopped working but if not why did he wait so long? He knew what was going on.

I finally went over to watch, first of all I don’t have premium so here the dead commercials of black screen for perhaps 20 seconds and then ads, oh well these break/distort the flow of the understanding on what’s going on.

Anyway, I feel the subs are not up to par at all so I think I have to re-watch since things like time hops are confusing but the sci-fi aspects with the worms and chips and the modern gadgets are super cool, overpopulation will happen, bad air quality too, chips under skin exist already and much more, generations have to figure it out.

I see some parallels with Minority Report movie about the no crime control and the memories shut down is a scary thing. One mistake is to watch it before you go to sleep… you miss one thing and it’s a chaos… I have a feeling that Woo Jin is behind the whole program/control.

@mirna023_316 Oh Mirna! the 8 packs! Like Like Like!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

God bless Lee Gi Kwang’s parents. :wink:

1 Like

Gosh I was not surprised at all. I thought he was the darkest most evil character from the start. It is always the man or woman who is least able or competent who is jealous of others ability and easily bribed and would do anything for money and fame. So not surprised at that revelation.

So episode 11 had me crying like a fool. That was too intense for my poor little heart.

@mirna023_316 you always do good gifs!
I’m asking myself what is the most beautiful feature in finely chiseled face of Yeo Jin Goo, he has such a beautiful and charismatic face. Is it the eyes, nose or lips. He is fortunate, I remember him when he played in his earlier dramas that his face stood so out, it’s not a typical Asian face.

@simi11 I know exactly what you mean. To celebrate the end of “Circle,” which was awesome, I’ll make some gifs of that gorgeous face. I’m headed to an all-day seminar today but I will make them as soon as I get back. :wink:

2 Likes

Seo Jin Goo grew up so nicely as a person and actor. I remember I was watching Iljimae (the one with Lee Jun Ki) many years ago where Seo Jin Goo did play the child Iljimae and I was like aw that child is cute and doing such a good job and at every other drama I saw with him you did see he improved.

I don’t know what to think of the ending of Circle. I can’t make up my mind between not liking it or thinking t’s good but not as I wanted it to turn out.

Spoilery spoilers spoiling, don’t read ahead if you haven’t watch the finale*

Stray thoughts:

• The last two episodes were the best of the drama, so everything is fine in the world.

• I called clones. It counts. :slight_smile:

• I thought only Steven Seagal could wake up from a coma fully functioning, but hey.

• IMHO, the drama sometimes suffered from bad directing and editing. Too many shots of people crying, lips quivering and sighs. It broke the pace, it was completely unnecessary and I didn’t like it.

• Also unnecessary bonus the signature “let me take a serious, cartoonish, villain look to show I’m the bad guy” of Minister Park in the latest episodes. It’s just ridiculous, like a villain in a B-movie. Maybe it’s the actor.

• I’m still a bit confused with what Bum Gyun and the rest of the people around him knew about his past.

• Future Lee was one of my favorite, stern, loyal, determined and cold, but the actor is also one of my favorite and he always delivers. Min Sung Wook is great.

• Too many things were shoehorned in the end. Out of the blue, Professor Park throws Human B in the mix (in the past) and a shady guy that pays no actual role whatsoever just fills in for “generic shady government”. That’s a bit bad writing.

• The future parts were consistently better than the past parts.

• Why did they even let him draw his gun on the roof??? They both had enough time to shoot him in the leg.

• There in no way I support a romance between an 10-year-old and a full grown woman. That was gross.

• I should have guessed they would keep the same actor for Woo Jin in both timelines. It made sense.

• It needed either more action (and be an actual action thriller) or less action (and be more character driven). It had the exact amount of action to be just lackluster.

• Still not sold on Professor Park becoming Human B Director Park.

• I love how Rich Folks got all #FyreFestival in the slightest inconvenience when the supercomputer broke.

• Bluebird tellling Park that he basically rode on other people’s work and he accomplished nothing by himself was so harsh and so great.
    -I’m super jealous of women who can sport the full eyeliner look, all the way to the inner corner.

• Hello, Gi Gwang, nice to get to know you. :wink:

• Hello, Kwon Hyuk Soo. :slight_smile:

I know it seems like I didn’t like it, but I did. I loved it and the end paid off immensely. The story was original, smartly written and engaging. Most actors did a great job and there were real stakes for the audience to get behind.

It was something new and exciting and I really hope we get more dramas like this in the future. If anything, practice makes perfect. :slight_smile:

P.S. If you liked this, may I also suggest the US series Dollhouse. It wasn’t always perfect, but it had one of the best series finales ever.

P.P.S. Wow that’s a long post.

I’m by no means an expert, but I’d guess Asian + Polynesian ancestry, if not some straight-up northern European in the mix.

Still, handsome. :heart_eyes:.

well the “other site” has now a new feature that won’t let non-paying members watch 2 last episodes of their exclusives… really funny. Will I live without it, yes I will… :laughing: