[K-DRAMA] Need Kor/Eng Subbers to Complete "Queen Insoo"

Hi everyone!

We really need your help. “Queen Insoo” has 5 episodes without English subtitles left. We really want to finish it, so we need someone to give us a hand. It is such a great story and one of the best historicals. It so deserves to be complete. Please help! :slight_smile:

If you would like to help us out, please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Mirna

https://www.viki.com/tv/28083c-queen-insoo?q=queen%20in

https://www.viki.com/users/mirna023_316/overview

3 Likes

Here again to see if anyone is willing to give us a hand to complete the Korean to English subs of “Queen Insoo.”

We have 5 episodes left to complete. Episode 56 is 1/3 of the way done and 57-60 are empty.

If you please have sometime, consider helping us out. This is a great drama and it deserves to have its subs complete.

Thank you so much for your time.

Mirna

I’m still hoping that a Korean to English translator would be so kind as to help us complete this drama. We have 5 episodes to go. Please help us if you have the skill. We don’t so…

Thanks.

Mirna

3 Likes

Shall I help? ^^

If you need help send me a PM ^^

1 Like

One of the reasons there are so many people interested in seeing this one completed is that the drama didn’t get licensed by any group that prepares English subtitles when it came out. As far as I know, Subtitles were prepared only for about 30 episodes in the past so other than those understanding the language, nobody else has been able to watch this entire drama with understanding. The person who worked hard on the whole show has had to take a personal leave of absence. There are only 4-2/3 episodes to complete so hopefully someone will step up to help.

1 Like

Yes, please. If you can. We would so appreciated. :slight_smile:

Let me PM you.

I’m still hopeful. I still have a couple of people to ask and maybe, just maybe, they’ll take pity on me and help. It should be completed…such a great production deserves it. :slight_smile:

Ko-En translators shouldn’t be afraid to try if they think they don’t have enough experience. Just fill in what they can and perhaps another will be able to fill in the blanks. Also the editors can help if the translator is not comfortable with their English.

1 Like

We got a couple yesterday, so there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Yay! :wink:

2 Likes

mirna and lacruiser,
You can go ahead and add me as a subber. I don’t plan on watching this drama and I won’t be going over others’ translations, but I can try to fill in some missing subs, when I get a chance. Since I don’t know the storyline or previous context, I may not be able to get everything and I don’t plan on doing a lot of research on it. Just setting some expectations. :slight_smile: I am only doing it for you guys so this project will be completed.

2 Likes

Thank you ajumma2. It is appreciated.

Episode 56 is at 59% and 57-60 are empty. Thank you.

http://subber.viki.com/translations/1069626

2 Likes

hehehe I can leave questions for you! I also recruited gripstar (I think she is a native) so we should be able to pick up the pace in no time. I subbed exactly one line today because of viki bug. (couldn’t get into the sub editor only seg timer).

Interestingly sometimes the words I don’t know or can’t hear kinda explain themselves when I watch more. (I actually watched this sageuk 2x. Was ok a third run but then started subbing at viki.)That’s how I got a word I couldn’t hear the 1st time. Then I got all the inside jokes when I tried to google Yeonsangoon’s roundabout allegories.

I am really glad I have someone to catch my/our back! Yay!

1 Like

Yes, let’s get this done together! I read about the original subber and felt bad.

2 Likes