Korean Crime or Thrillers

I’m so ambivalent about K-drama horror films. The production values are always great, but horror films always give me nightmares.

2 Likes

thats why I don’t watch them before I go to bed!

For me, even during the day I can’t . . .

1 Like

@entwyfhasbeenfound

If you watch Kim Ki- duk’s (Died 2020 from covid) films, you won’t be able to sleep for days without the lights on, and locking every door and window with extra things on them (I even put screwdrivers on my windows). I was curious bc of one his film that won award was played by an actor I really liked a lot, so I said: ‘‘it can’t be that bad’’. You can say I watched bits and pieces while screaming at times bc it was so hard to watch, and the ending was so sad I actually sobbed for a criminal (he did that role so well) , but never again will I even suggest anyone to watch his movies.

Interesting enough, he had people from the government, vets advising him how to handle the animal scenes (that were so sadistic) you couldn’t believe the animals were never mistreated or abused during the filming process.

That’s why Devil Judge took me forever to get through. Truly a very, very positive, life-affirming drama, but the torture and hardship and betrayal that Kang Yo-Han experienced was (even though totally fake and ramped up in post-production) truly too much at times.

2 Likes