Korean - English Translator

I am a Korean language student and I would love to try my hand at providing subtitles for Korean dramas or even movies. I’m new to this community so, if there are any projects that I can help assist with, please free to contact me.

4 Likes

Come over to ASC - After School Club. We need Korean-English translators. Talk to Jedelande

1 Like

Thank you for the response. I’m new here. Could you please tell me how to contact Jedelande?

3 Likes

@simtejane96

CLICK on the link below. It will bring you to her profile and CLICK on the envelope and send her a message. You’ll get the hang of it as you go along. Welcome and good luck!

https://www.viki.com/users/jedelande/overview

PS. DON’T be shy to ask. We all went through this at one point. If further help is needed let me know.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Your very kind

2 Likes

Just loved it! This is one of the reasons why I love viki community!!

2 Likes

At a Distance, Spring is Green is looking for subbers. Contact these English language moderators: Beccah, Lazarini or marykarmelina

Generally, I think that rather than going by drama, you should go by moderator.
Look for the Chief Editors of recent dramas and write to them, asking if they need help in any of their projects. Be sure to include the info on whether you have Vikipass or not.

2 Likes

Does this apply for all volunteers or only Kor-Eng subbers?

1 Like

There was a post about that project in the thread Want to Subtitle? Let people know. They were looking for various languages.

1 Like

@simtejane96, welcome to the community! I am a Kor-Eng subber myself, so if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.:blush:

https://www.viki.com/users/choitrio/overview

3 Likes

I’m late but thank for your kindness! :relaxed:

3 Likes

Hi @simtejane96 :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve just sent you a private message.

I can help. Are you interested in working on a short South Korean web drama? It’s six episodes of around 20 minutes each. There are 1,513 subtitles in total.

Viki’s translations will be okay for some of those. I’m guessing that around 1,100-1,300 subs will probably need your expertise (this is about 180–220 per episode on average). If this sounds appealing, please send me a message.

Kind regards,
Manganese

1 Like

Bumping up for the new members of the community.

2 Likes

hi! i can translate from Korean to English if you want help, you are pleased to ask.