"L 💜 VER'S of The Red Sky" Come And Watch/Discuss

When they start filming they are ‘‘Plumpy’’ and very healthy looking, and by the 12th episode the long days and night of recordings takes its toll on them. Girls don’t show bc their clothes are more layered but if you observe the girl’s face they look drained and skinnier than when they started filming.

By the end the HUNK ML looked so skeletal but at the end episodes he went back to his hot body and face. I’m so glad this Joseon Era drama had a great happy ending for a change.

Don’t forget THE KING’s AFFECTION. Great great drama so far and I hope they have it here some time soon.

3 Likes

Viki probably will not because Netflix has the rights to that one.

3 Likes

@porkypine90_261

But there are several dramas on Ntfx that are playing here too. Do you know why some from ntfx are here too and some don’t?

Here’s my thoughts on whether you will see an offering from NF on Viki. If the offering is produced by NF (has a red N is the upper left corner), then the chances of seeing it on Viki are pretty remote. NF has invested some serious cash into the production of these pieces and they continue to run them only on their network. Example: Mr. Sunshine, a K-drama produced by NF, has been running on NF since 2018 and shows no signs of being removed. Other, non-NF productions appear until their licensing with NF expires and then they move on down the bunny trail. One that I’m currently enjoying that will be removed from NF on November 30th is Bromance, a cute T-drama not produced by NF.

1 Like

If it has a red N and it says series next to it; it won’t be shown on RViki?

Nseries?

That red N that appears in the corner of some shows means it is a Netflix exclusive and therefore will not be seen on any other service. I found an interesting article describing the different kinds of Netflix originals. Here is the main information:

What is a Netflix Original?

A “Netflix Original” is defined by the status Netflix gives to the show. This may be defined by the following:

• Netflix commissioned and produced the show
  • Netflix has exclusive international streaming rights to the show
  • Netflix has co-produced the show with another Network
  • It is a continuation of a previously canceled show

In most cases, a show is defined as a “Netflix Original” if you can only watch it on Netflix in your respective country.

Source:

The Four Types of Netflix Originals - What's on Netflix (whats-on-netflix.com)

I am guessing this may be a similar case for certain shows that show up on Viki with the label of “Viki Original”. Someone more knowledgeable about that would have to verify.

1 Like

@my_happy_place

Thanks for that link I was looking for info like that about ntfx, and they even have the dates for new dramas/movies release. I’m kinda lazy when searching for stuff like that, and give up easily. I bookmarked it so I don’t miss new info.

I have too many places/sites to watch dramas/movies, and it can get overwhelming some times. The part I hate the most you have to log out to go to the other site and so on. the worse part you have to log in to your profile too.

I have HBOmax, HULU, Disney Plus, Prime Video, SLING, IMDbTV, tubi (old nice good movie here) Showtime. Funny thing is, there are days: I dare to say ‘‘I have nothing to watch.’’

1 Like

Glad you found a good use for that link. It’s hard to know what’s coming and when. Sometimes it’s just luck of the draw to find out. Although, for Ntflx, my app version on my phone sends me a ‘what’s coming’ message once a month, and then I can set a ‘reminder’ for anything I think I’ll want to watch, and that automatically puts it in my watch list once it comes out. It’s a really nice function because otherwise I’d totally forget about them once they actually arrive.

I have many of the same services you mentioned, and I am currently in that same phase of 'I have nothing to watch." I don’t know if I should laugh or cry about that, but it’s the truth. :joy::sob:

1 Like

@my_happy_place

My daughter and I, laughed hysterically about that just the other day; when I caught her with a sad look in her face, fire stick on hand, and admitting she couldn’t find anything to watch.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The phone app, clipping coupons, my daughter does those things for me in her phone bc my eyesight is getting bad, and I no longer have the ability or patience to deal with the phone search thing. Since my memory retention is not what it used to be I tend to get more frustrated from any little ‘‘hurdle’’ that gets in my ‘‘way’’ while getting info on laptops, phones etc

I have the lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis that comes from my autoimmune disease, and you can say I wake up in pain and go to sleep in pain bc so far they changed to so many different pain medicines, and nothing worked so far. I tolerate pain well, so I only use pain medicine when I have to do a lot of stuff, and the pain will be a ‘‘stone’’ in my path to get to the places and do the things I need to get done in a day (I do as much as I can when I venture out).

Netflix has a lot of good things to watch lately so that’s a relief bc ‘‘lately’’ I told my daughter she was wasting her money, but is catching up: I loved RED NOTICE (US) and 2 from Netherland and 1 from Germany that was great to watch. I have many more I found quite good but I got greedy and watched them all in one shot. Currently my fave is THE KING’S AFFECTION. Hated HELLBOUND if you watch let me know what you think of that mess:scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

@angelight313_168 I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. Dealing with pain is so exhausting and soul sucking.

I didn’t know what to make of Hellbound when I watched the trailer. It’s not something I would normally watch, probably, but I figured I would watch it at some point just because it’s Yoo Ah In.

Now that the holiday season is upon us, I will have less time for drama watching anyway, so that will help me get through my drama slump.

2 Likes

Yes, this year I will be busy bc I’m cooking turkey although is not my favorite meat (I like pork roast) but for health reasons I keep away from that delicious dish (I make an amazing pernil).

Yes, dealing with pain is no joke, and that is why I appreciate and I hold on to my happy times/moments bc laughter is the best medicine that takes a lot of the pain away (believe it or not).lol

Is good to have some time out from Kdramas and so much TV watching bc we can appreciate other important things in our life that maybe we have been putting to the side w/o realizing we are doing that. Planning a lot of stuff since New York is full of great things to see and do this year.

1 Like