Let's RE-WRITE those horrible sucky endings of shows

@my_happy_place

Ok this will be my last comment on this subject in this thread. I noticed here at viki.com there is a part I see (other site) that I don’t see here.

For 1 year 2 months he shows up for seconds. If you call that them being together, I respect that. But I saw the ending differently, and it was as followed…Sometimes when she was sleeping, he was looking at her, and she wakes up, hugs him and seconds later he’s gone. She’s gazing at the stars while he was reading and when she looks again, he’s gone.

There is a part where she talks like they are narrating their LOVE story she says; BECAUSE EVERY MOMENT (SECONDS THAT IS) THAT WE ARE TOGETHER, COULD BE OUR LAST, THAT MAKES EVERY MOMENT PRECIOUS.

I didn’t see that here at viki, but I see it at the other site and interesting enough China gave it a totally different ending which I don’t care to know bc I read ppl hated the changes.

I’m also not arguing with you what you saw that I saw differently; nor I’m trying to convince you to see it my way either. End of subject on my part.

I don’t, actually. That’s why I do not consider this one to have a happy ending even though some people describe it that way. Who wants to only see the love of their life for a few fleeting moments here and there, never knowing when and for how long? Honestly, that sounds more like torture to me than a happy ending. And it’s why I, like others, would rather have a different ending.

Interesting. I wonder what changes they made. I watched the Filipino version, and the couple even got married in the end, during one of his visits back to her.

1 Like

THIS RIGHT HERE is what I hate about some dramas. They kiss all through the series but suddenly become sO miserly at the end!! I don’t mind if they never did more than a press-kiss or a hug and the drama ends with another press kiss. But if they’re happily kissing throughout the drama and then SUDDENLY stop, it makes the end so unsatisfying!!

I also don’t remember clearly, but they had lots of space-related nonsense talk about wormholes and stuff… like he has to pass through wormholes to get to earth but they align only sometimes… something like that idk I hated their explanation.
This is why I avoid fantasy dramas where one character isn’t human. There’s always an unsatisfying ending. Though I think Angel’s Last Mission has a good one, I was just not patient enough to see it :joy:

**drama obviously can’t have a very happy ending. And if that wasn’t enough, the writers end it with some space-related nonsense so that FL and ML keep getting separated for years, then meet for days/months, again get separated, repeat.**I seem to remember her saying she would wait and wait for him to come. Spend whatever time she had with him and then wait again. He keeps coming. The time in between got LONGER, in my memory. At the very end, I remember her saying “he stayed for a few months this time”

According to Soompi, they had a happy ending
so idk. I’m not watching it again to check.

3 Likes

I had completely forgotten any mention of wormholes. I watched the Filipino version much more recently, and I feel like they gave no explanation as to why he could suddenly come back and continue to keep coming back, he just did.

I would agree that this is my experience in most cases too, but there have been at least one or two with which I was satisfied. The funny thing is, it is fantasy, which literally means a writer could make up anything to explain any situation because it’s all ‘fantasy’, so why do they have to be unsatisfying?

2 Likes

One fantasy I liked was Ashes of Love. I wouldn’t call the ending “sucky” or bad, it was actually perfectly satisfactory. I think I got mad because I just wanted them to kiss. I wanted payback for all the angst they put me through.
I loved it so much because the characters are BOTH deities. They BOTH become human. So even if they died and made me cry pools and oceans and drown in my sadness, they usually came back.

I never care much about drama logic. The writers can take me wherever they want with their plots. BUT. Even with fantasies, the rules for romance and creating relationships are usually the same. So gimme a satisfying ending with the main leads! Relationship progression is always relationship progression and no fantasy can change that!

2 Likes

Spoiler - Yes - He does pop in and out but she narrates that makes her LOVE him more! She never knows when she will get to be with him!!! To me - Happy - Not Happy - Not so Happily Ever After is another thread I started - this one is that- But I’m going to re-write it when I have a moment.

Broken Ever Afters! Not Happily Totally

@my_happy_place
I forgot about that other thread with Not so Happy Ever Afters!
We have a list to REWRITE

2 Likes

Well. Scientifically speaking - Science Fiction - And I LOVE science and Science Fiction (I admit that I am a science geek) - plays off of the ‘what ifs’ of science. A lot of old sci-fi has come true so don’t discount it. :sunglasses:

• Sci-Fi is based on real science … Think of a flat piece of paper. Draw a line from one star to another. That is analog travel. It takes light years to get from one star to another unless you have some method of getting there faster. Star Trek did it with warp speed. It still took a long time to get somewhere.

Wormholes are like a piece of paper that is folded. Put those two stars together and punch a hole between them. Now to through that hole. Wala! Instant travel to another star!

In My Love From The Star, I think I remember that the wormhole was tied into a pulsars’ cyclic phase so the wormhole access would go ‘on and off’ so to speak depending on the pulsars cycle. So anyone trying to hitch a ride through a wormhole is dependent upon that cycle.

What are pulsars? https://www.space.com/32661-pulsars.html
What are wormholes - https://www.space.com/20881-wormholes.html

Science geek out… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I also like the sci-fi genre :sweat_smile: I especially love old sci-fi movies like Flubber and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang(if that one’s sci-fi)! They’re so much fun to watch, mainly because they use all the oldest tech but have ONE thing that we still don’t have in the present. Such stories really age well, in my opinion :smile:
I called MLFTS’ science nonsense because I was mad about them using weird excuses to keep them apart :joy:

1 Like

Not to mention that even if the wormhole stuff is based on theoretical science, does that still explain how it dropped him specifically in her bed or ‘sucked’ him up directly from the red carpet, etc? Are wormholes that exact? And does he travel through them all on his lonesome with just the clothes on his back? That explanation still seems iffy at best.

4 Likes

No. :nerd_face: If a wormhole existed within the gravitational field of a solar system it would cause havoc. It would have to exist at least a parsec away, then you’d spend a year to get to the wormhole. - Boom! across the universe in an instant, then another year to get planetside. :rofl:

So this was more fantasy using science as a red herring.

2 Likes

Best use of wormhole technology: A show called Farscape on the Sci-Fi Channel way back when.

1 Like

Yea. I started to watch it when we suddenly lost the channel. I never finished it.

1 Like

I think it’s available on Prime if you have it and are interested. I really loved it.

1 Like

@kdrama2020ali @ my_happy_place porkypine90_261@ vivi_1485

I’m still waiting for the changes in the ending of some dramas/shows.

I only see porkypine’s the temple one.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I thought about that the other day - not today but soon soon I have to do some rewatches so I remember what happened.

2 Likes

Ugh, the one ending I want rewritten the most is the one that still traumatizes me two years later, so I am not going back to watch it again. Therefore, I really can’t write a whole new ending in detail. Let’s just say FL wises up and realizes ML is actually a sociopath and traveling a path with him will only lead to heartache. At the same time, she finally understands that SML is the one who gets her the most and the one with whom she is most herself, so she retraces her steps and instead chooses the path not previously taken. Problem solved. I’m happy and my drama trauma never happened.

@angelight313_168 that’s the best I can do for that one, sorry. :blush: I’ll leave it to you to guess the drama it refers to, just for fun. :grinning:

5 Likes

It is a Throw the Laptop one! That a Mouse would love :cheese:

3 Likes

@my_happy_place

What was the title of the one you describe? I saw one like that but is Japanese

1 Like

It’s Cheese in the Trap, the series.

3 Likes

I read the reviews so I didn’t watched that one. I’m glad now I didn’t.

1 Like