Let's talk about indian tv shows/movies

What do “Devanagari” folks think of BBC adaptations of novels about Inspector Ghote? When I came across them in the . . . 1990s? I was blown away.

Aside from the mystery novels of Ngaio Marsh, until then I had never read the novels of a popular modern British Author who did not keep tripping over . . . what did they always call it? “The White Man’s Burden.”

Even after the Sepoy Rebellion and The British Raj having a bright thought about Gurkhas and khukris on our side, eh what? . . .

Modern English-language (British English . . . Bringlish?) works of fiction with just regular citizens of any color in “The Raj” doing anything in a regular, boring, just doing what everyone does way . . .

I really did not see that coming out of the Home Counties, don’t you know, until that pukkah sahib Colonel Blimpy showed me that thingummy, you know, bunches of sheets of paper supposed to keep one literate, oh, blast, what is that thing??? Novel, is that it? No, no . . . begins with “b” . . . brook? Bach? Boot? . . .

(Actually, I found Inspector Ghote at my public library and got sucked right in . . .)

2 Likes

There is an amazing historical Indian drama it’s amazing with a lot of episodes , it’s just :+1:t2::+1:t2:
The name is porus (don’t get confused my the name)
Search the trailer on YouTube u will love it :blush:
It has war , romance , women empowerment etc at the same time
But it’s really underrated :frowning:
Pls try telling this to Indian drama or movie fans it’s amazing

3 Likes

Hey do you know telugu?
Velagapudi is definitely a surname of telugu PPL in AP and tg

2 Likes

Yup , I know Telugu

2 Likes

కాంట్రిబ్యూట్ చేసే ఆలోచన లో ఉంటే నన్ను కాంటాక్ట్ అవ్వండి నా ప్రొఫైల్ లింక్ నా బయో లో ఉంది. నేను ఇక్కడ(వికీ లో) సబ్ టైటిల్స్ రాస్తున్నాను.నేను తెలుగు మోడరేటర్ ని. నేను ఒక టీమ్ ని కూడా మ్యానేజ్ చేస్తున్నాను.మీరు కూడా జాయిన్ అయితే సంతోషిస్తాను.
నా పేరు పద్మ.

Check out this

2 Likes

I ACUALLY begged them to add Indian shows on Instagram and also on help viki no reply , no change

3 Likes

Licensing shows is not so easy dear. By the way nice to meet you. Even if they try to buy some most of them will be bollywood ones.other languages may not get a chance.

3 Likes

Let’s talk here @wanted101 @vivi_1485

2 Likes

What Telugu movies you have watched? And I watched memories, driving licence is also a fantastic movie.Fahad and pritviraj Sukumaran are my favourite actors

Have you seen dia movie @vivi_1485

1 Like

i have watched many allu arjun , ram charan movies. i have watched dheera , happy,arya,ala vaikundapuramuloo,yevadu,arjun reddi, dear comrade and many. i dont remember many of them now.

there are many superhit movies of them.
fahad’s maalik (recent-on prime) is also great. it has a realistic feeling to it.

2 Likes

Did you see this,I’m waiting a lot. @vivi_1485 @shraddhasingh

1 Like

Malayalam song

2 Likes

The music has a depth and beauty that current K-drama OSTs do not always achieve.

2 Likes

It’s the telugu one and the song is done in all main Indian languages and I eagerly waiting for the movie

3 Likes

It’s the fictional story of 2 freedom fighters
Both symbolises different powers water nd fire :fire:
Fire evaporates water and water puts off fire
So what’s going to happen when they both fight? It’s releasing this October shoot is wrapped already

It’s actually composed by Telugu music director

3 Likes

Very cool.

2 Likes

thats cool :sunglasses:. i didnt know about this movie till now. both versions are also super.

2 Likes

That guy taking selfie he is in so many movies I remember him in trance

1 Like

yeah his name is Sreenath Bhasi. the one on his left is Indrans. he has been in industry for so long.he was famous for his comedy characters.

2 Likes