Let's talk about indian tv shows/movies

That would be great. For shows that we want on Viki, there is a form if you’d like to request it, but we can’t tell if that is going to be on Viki unfortunately:

1 Like

It is a remake of Telugu movie Shankar dada MBBS.

1 Like

Two of my favourite movies are Zindagi na milegi dobara and dil chahta hai…
Both are excellent and fun

1 Like

Oh yes!!
I watched Tamil movie Maara a week ago…though I felt there was not much to the story and the romance development was a little weird, I absolutely LOVED the cinematography!! Everything was done so well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: each shot was so beautiful!
also watched Rang De Basanti with the family again…pretty good movie-- I seriously fell for Madhavan’s character in that one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I really liked KGF-Chapter 1 and its a recent one . I recommend u guys to watch it if u get its subbed version. Most movies mentioned here are old ones so i wanted to suggest u some recent ones :slightly_smiling_face::relaxed: its second part is also gonna release soon

2 Likes

Actually its a kannada movie
It is dubbed in all indian languages including hindi,telugu,tamil and malayalam.

Waiting!
I think it will be onscreens next year!
Salaaam rocky bhai :boom::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

oh my mistake :relaxed: i changed it and yeah i am crazily waiting :partying_face:

1 Like

LOVE Bollywood movies! Sharukh Khan, Imran Khan, Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor.

My favorite movie, which is the best, sweetest movie ever made about love and commitment is Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.

My favorite moment in any movie, which I find and play when I feel like celebrating, is Aunty-ji, Aunty-ji, Get Up And Dance!

Probably five years ago, having seen many Bollywood movies on Hulu, I looked for them on Viki.

I think you’re right, when Viki and DramaFever merged or whatever, and when time came to re-negotiate license fees, somebody in accounting decided it wasn’t a worthwhile thing to do.

I’d sign a petition, but unless Rakten Viki decides to spend the money and take the time to re-negotiate fees and so on, I don’t think anything will happen.

3 Likes

My all time favorite Bollywood movie (I still listen to the soundtrack, its so good). My family is not Indian but I grew up on these films. SO. GOOD.

2 Likes

I deeply love all the songs of this movie.
Especially these ones,

Haha, I guess no matter what country it is, the 90s were always super awesome.

2 Likes

My gooooooodness, this one could be my seriously misheard lyric.
I used to think it is “Aunty-ji, Aunty-ji, Tera Bad Dance” Your Bad Dance
:neutral_face:

3 Likes

Kajol’s acting was sooo good in these songs. She and Shah Rukh Khan (G.O.A.T) were always on fire when they acted together.

3 Likes

Bollywood has a sunnier way of showing that a couple is fated to be together. Kajol and Sha Rukh Khan are such a lovely and loving couple.

(You/tube)

4 Likes

I’m feeling nostalgic just thinking about them!! Underrated duo

3 Likes

I remember not liking the movie for some reason :joy: The one thing I loved and will forever remember is that scene where she’s walking away and he’s thinking in his head “Turn around. Turn around one last time” and she DOES.
My eyes almost fell out of my head when the same scene happened in the kdrama “Youth Of May”

2 Likes

But Bollywood does it better. Prolly because Bollywood has had a few more years to get it right.

My absolutely favorite all-time Bollywood movie is Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. It brings tears to the eyes, but not those totally hopeless.

Yes, I understand that Bollywood has a mostly “West Coast” look and feel. Finding other “Woods” may prove to be a challenge. When I watched my first Bollywood movie back in 2009 (?) it was on Hulu, and there were no other types of India movies available.

I did see a YouTube video maybe ten years ago in which actresses showed how Indian moms from different provinces/ethnic groups would do the “mom thing,” and it was funny,

This has the same kind of feel (there are a few more “mom types” than in K-dramas):

About a month ago, I went to the fifth birthday party of the daughter of Nepali neighbors, and with all the Aunties and Grannies and Didis and Dajus and Bahinis and whatnot, I got the full range of possessive-love possibilities (and oh, the sweet shy little girls running around, eyes like giant chocolate drops and beautiful shiny hair, trying to steal the babies that were there from each other).

They were watching Indian Idol. Boy, talk about emotion and buckets of tears!

3 Likes

hi @entwyfhasbeenfound
Just in case you might not know I’m telling you this.
Indian movies doesn’t fall only under the Bollywood category it has many more woods
Tollywood ( Telugu movies)
Sandalwood (kannada movies)
Mollywood( malayalam movies)
Kollywood(Tamil movies)
Try watching some movies of other woods too not only Bollywood.:blush::blush:

2 Likes

Yeah I agree :heart_eyes:

People from other countries usually consider the whole Indian entertainment industry as Bollywood. I’ve heard other users here saying they’ve watched Telugu/Tamil movies and they have no idea what 'Kollywood" is. We can’t expect them to be able to distinguish languages. They use subtitles, and the people acting are Indians, in the end :sweat_smile::blush:

2 Likes

Yes that’s absolutely true and it’s telugu dear not telegu.

And all of them are pretty different each is considered as a seperare film industry like TFI
And I think you will watch kannada movies too right? @vivi_1485 did you watch DIA?

2 Likes