Lifting regional restrictions for QC volunteers

It would be wonderful if you could all spread the message. If you are a CM, write to the teams of your projects and to their fans as well. Thousands of people can be reached with just a copy-paste.
The original message is now translated also in Arabic, thanks to hmk_201288_223

This is a sample message you can send:

Dear " DRAMA NAME " teams and fans,
You must have noticed that many shows nowadays take a long time to be subbed! Well, in most cases it’s not the volunteers’ fault. The team is too small because many of us cannot access the show because of the country where we live.
And many beautiful old films have suddenly become restricted as well, while the teams were in the middle of working on them.

In the past (until a couple of years ago), regional restrictions had an exception for volunteers. Very rarely there was a drama volunteers couldn’t watch, no matter where in the world they were. No more so. Now more and more dramas are unaccessible even to QC (Qualified Contributors) volunteers.
QCs work hard for Viki and its users, this is a minimum recognition for their efforts. More importantly, allowing us to be able to watch everything is in Viki’s best interest as well. Because if we can’t watch something we also can’t access the subbing tools and work on it. Then those shows don’t have enough team members and the subtitles are excruciatingly slow. The viewers get angry and some cancel or don’t renew their subscriptions.

If you agree, please take a minute to upvote the suggestion on Viki ideas here by clicking on the upward arrow near the post: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360031421874-No-regional-restrictions-for-QC-volunteers

6 Likes

doooooooooone ;D

3 Likes

… bump to top …

2 Likes

… bump to top again…

1 Like

Regional restrictions are the number 1 reason I’ve been drifting away from Viki and the number 1 reason I am in no way going to purchase a pass, nor encourage my friends to do so.

Pay a fee to watch 30% of what I want? No, thanks,:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I can watch 80% for less money, at the source of the dramas. Subtitles won’t be an issue: Viki restricting volunteer access means I don’t get subtitles here either. Or that they will be bot-made for lack of volunteers.

Watching dramas is not a lonely hobby. Viki restricting regions from watching means I will have to go where the rest of the viewers are.

6 Likes