List of shows that are different on Viki

I’m considering whether to renew mine or not after watching Dr. Romantic season 1 episode 8. Where do you watch your kdramas?

2 Likes

@zul134340

In all honesty I felt that song (Hey Jude) played during that procedure was kind of off.

I had a trauma with a song played during a cardiac catherization procedure (that was done during the pandemic) the Doctor decided to put a loud nasty hard rock song, and the noise of that music combined with the pain I was going through made the whole procedure a nightmare for me; so much that I signed myself out of the Hospital, and refused to stay one more day in there. Call it Karma, but I call it Divine Intervention and justice done for me. It has been 2 years and this Doctor was refused to get paid by my Health Insurance because he was an ‘‘Out of Network’’ Doctor. I didn’t get a lawyer and sue him, but I got justice done because he did all those thousand’s of dollars procedure for free since I refuse to sign the papers requesting he gets paid.

1 Like

They are currently blurring the football/soccer TV scenes in My Lovely Liar. I guess it’s due to licensing the football matches? I does take away a bit from the scenes when there is suddenly a big blur.

4 Likes

It didn’t stop with tv scenes, they blurred the beach too.

1 Like

Isn’t that just a stylistic choice?
Seems like a different depth of field :blush:

@ilikedeadclowns or do you see the beach in this series on other websites?

It seems that it also happens when they feature sport events in variety shows nowadays. Completely blurred screen.

4 Likes

No they’re blur happy now. Soon, it’ll creep up to half the episode.

So, on other websites the beach isn’t blurred?

1 Like

It’s blurred everywhere. They didn’t buy the license to show a couple of seconds of the match. I don’t understand why they didn’t just put stock footage instead.

2 Likes

About the matches… One of my subbers, who is knowledgeable, told me that the description in the dialogue doesn’t match the action on the TV-screen. Maybe that could be the reason? That they put a random match and not what they are describing? By the way, it wasn’t blurred when we saw and translated it. Maybe it was done later. But then I didn’t care that much, as I am not a fan of this sport.

3 Likes

It then looks like a green screen… I have a bit difficulties with those blurries, it looks surreal, since our eyes would see the background…

2 Likes

maybe y’all have answered and I haven’t looked, but why blur them, unless theres a license or something? just wish Viki would get on the ball and do some changes, new dramas, new shows, to be sure there’s more than the lovie ones, what about sci-fi, or a good mystery or, and the list goes on…
Dr romantic was a good drama also .

1 Like