Looking for a bit more ehh 'mature' Kdrama

Lately, several movies loaded with nudity. I like a mature show, but that is not my cup of tea.

Some mature dramas I recently enjoyed were Shall We Kiss First and Scent of a Woman. I was hesitant to watch them because of the melodramatic themes, but they both ended happy.

3 Likes

In this regard if you stumble over ā€œDear My Friendsā€ Korean drama, that would be in the more mature market not the ā€œbit more ehhā€ mature though :blush: . I started watching it I think on DF itā€™s perhaps on NFā€¦ The actors are superb just like the storyline!

3 Likes

I wanted to watch this one but Iā€™m kinda afraid I wonā€™t be able to take it so I guess Iā€™ll wait some time longer. The reviews say itā€™s for more mature audiences(in the plot sense, not rating). Has anyone else watched it?

No. I had watched too many cancer dramas around that time, so I was shying away from this one for the same reasons, and there is only so much I can handle. I didnā€™t watch this one either.

Is there a particular reason why you wanted to watch this drama?

1 Like

I liked the story and I wanted to see Kim Ha Neul in something other than 18 Againā€¦I was also going to watch Marriage Contract but again it seemed a bit too heavy

About this one I can tell you something. It is heavy in parts but still with the interactions of the couple and her daughter very much redeeming I would say. I loved it, but as you already might know I donā€™t fear the ā€œdarknessā€ when it comes to melodramas.

Kim Ha Neul has a thing for heavy stuff.
She also did

Which probably is not made for you, I cried and normally people will call me out on my dry eyes.

This one is lighter, you hate or you love it, it is kind of an ā€œHeirsā€ drama after turning being between 30-40 years old.

P.S. - If you still want to try the drama just do it, what can happen? Either you stay with it, or dump it ā€¦ Or you may like it or not? It is pretty safe to say, that it should be a solid drama with a score of 9.6. If itā€™s not an idol drama I usually trust the viewers who voted for it.

1 Like

I started it a number of times and it was so boring I wanted to cry. And I disliked the young female lead.

1 Like

My Mister

3 Likes

Letā€™s bump this topic because since a while Viki has a new more mature Kdrama licensed.

2 Likes

got it. Viki has a new more mature Kdrama licensed.