Looking for Spanish Mod Mentor

Hello, I am a fairly new Spanish translator (I started in December). I have worked on various projects as a Spanish subber and recently started doing some editing projects. Seeing how things are developing in the community with the whole limit on how many projects a mod can take. I would love if there is a Spanish moderator who is willing to, for lack of a better word, train, advise and give me tips. Now that things are like this I would prefer not to go blindly into a project. As a community we all strive to give quality subtitles.

4 Likes

You can try changing the title to, “Looking for Spanish Mod Mentor” or something along those lines.

That way the Spanish mods will know to read the post.

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

You’re very welcome. :+1::smile:

2 Likes

One can write you faster if you leave a link to your profile as well either just the link or in html format… good luck!

2 Likes

Hi Thaly, I would recommend you look for a co-moderation with someone who has plenty of experience as a Spanish moderator, also editing experience is a must since we can see a lot of wrong subtitles in our language.
The good thing is that the show you have doesn’t include complicated technicalities so it’s good.
But look for someone kind and gentle, you can find some bad experiences too lol
I can give you a couple of recommendations through WhatsApp :wink:

2 Likes

Acabo de leerte. Me alegra que hayas comenzado ya a moderar en español. Dejo este link por si a alguien más le interesa moderar en español y quiere aprender un poco. Es un doc que escribí hace como un año y agregué todo lo que se me ocurrió que podía poner. Se aceptan sugerencias (pueden dejar comentarios en el doc)
GuĂ­a para moderadores: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16O0oLavkTYS8sLNwJfQkjYhn3c22Gomdk17dDoYAMso/edit?usp=sharing

y esto les puede servir para guiar a los nuevos subbers, si quieren
GuĂ­a para nuevos subbers https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yjiboSp0VMT9-EtEYakLYfa98YHJY_J8ax4XTORu8fE/edit?usp=sharing

Espero que les vaya muy bien a todos y disfruten el voluntariado. Si llegan a encontrarse con alguien que los trate mal pueden comunicarse con el staff de viki o ponerles la banderita roja en el perfil, aunque espero que no sea necesario.

4 Likes