Looking for the worst drama suggestion

I absolutely cannot stand Something in the Rain - but that is probably not a production thing!

I REALLY don’t like NOBLE my LOVE - at all!! NOPE NOPE NOPE and I’m sorry Sung Hoon - I thought it was BAD.

1 Like

Well, it did look like a Ferris wheel in the first picture. With it looming above the tree line, it looked bigger than it does in the second picture which we don’t see until about 4 episodes later.

I think it’s the personality of the cat with the memory of the general as it’s commented by those around the general that his character changed after he is revived in the warding off wedding ceremony.
Since the cat is a prince of Yu Li planet his personality is regal mixed in with the aloof behavior of a cat. Sister Muppet (what a name! :laughing:) owner of Meow’s Fried Fish is his older sister and spoke of the queen of Yu Li planet
The general was handsome and ‘much liked’ by women and admired for his military skills by his army before the possession so was probably quite vain as the general alone.

3 Likes

It’s achieved cult following. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. I needed to know what others saw; that I didn’t about the male lead (General) and cat personality take over. Well, which one was really taking over.

I still don’t feel it was the worst drama suggestion, but that’s the way I feel about the drama that made me laugh so much (mainly the cat).

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s the worst drama ever… it’s the production that brought it into this thread :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Wow she’s lucky 5 husband in one shot (lucky bee), and I hope they were all cute. I mean is only fantasy I know… since men get to have more than 1 wife in some countries, but I never heard of women getting to have several ‘‘hubbys’’

Chinese writers are not creative enough to make that drama story work out. i know it was a flop.

The cat drama was ridiculously funny especially the cat part. It was laughable so I enjoyed the crazy no logic story. For some reason it reminded me of several I’ve seen in my childhood (different version but funny to me)

2 Likes

Nope, nothing bad I can say about this drama either, so not strictly a nominee for this topic (other than somewhere to post it as a good recommend :stuck_out_tongue:) it was everything as you described, the comedy had me literally laughing out loud and after a while I had to know the solution to each case and who would end up with whom that I ended up binging it in one go.
Just about the only bad thing I could say about it was a few of the episodes ends with a dead stop freeze frame for a second or two before the credit starts rolling. (EP 20 was one) I’m so engrossed in the show that every time they did one of those I automatically think “Aaagh! The internet’s frozen!” Every time!

Precious quotes:

“Don’t touch my armpits! I don’t want to get pregnant!”

4 Likes

That story is a real thing people tell kids? I didn’t know! It’s not funny anymore now. :flushed: And why on earth would boys ever touch girls’ armpits, whatever the consequences? Lies my elders used to tell us were stuff like “If you eat a fruit seed, a tree will grow in your stomach” and we’d be all scared and terrified :joy:

1 Like

ohhh I understand it way better now :sweat_smile: Thank you for that! I’m blessed to have lots and lots of grandparents (my ‘proper’ grandparents have six or seven siblings each). Since my brother and I are the only kids who come every single Christmas for family reunions, we’re considered everyone’s grandkids. That’s why I love spending time with older people and very small children more than people my age sometimes :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

When I was in kindergarten, there was a rumor running around my class that if you swallowed grape seeds, the seeds would grow in your stomach. This was before the advent of seedless grapes.

Also, two other little girls had a solemn discussion about how, if you got poked in the eye, “the black spot” (pupil) would leak out on your face, and you would be blind.

My parents always made sure to give me and my sisters information about our bodies that was as understandable as they could make it for our pre-school brains, so I immediately thought, “You are so stupid!”

And began a sad career in education because, from then until graduation from high school, I could not stop announcing it to people.

My parents’ love of informational accuracy backfired when I started fifth grade, made a comment in homeroom to some little girl, got overheard by the teacher, and was given the homework of writing (one hundred times), “I will not talk in class.” Momma was not happy.

That’s when I learned that Scotch-Irish Presbyterians can do malocchio very well. Hell hath no fury like a mama disobeyed.

(from Korea in Beauty)

And here is the power of nature, love, beauty, compassion, and mostly good humor who was my Momma in 1944, age 19.

My grandmother had the photo on her mantelpiece for years along with pictures of my five aunts, sons-in-law, grandchildren, her parents and cousins. You think Korean genealogy is complex? Ha!

To stay on topic, There is a family drama I saw on DramaFever that turned me from K-dramas to T-dramas for a while. (T-dramas do family crankiness very charmingly, if I can put it that way.) It was in the early days of “The Wave,” and I don’t think that Korean TV networks quite understood how valuable it might be to tone down the theme that seemed to run through the story line.

“You can’t marry him because he’s not Korean/not Korean-looking enough. You ESPECIALLY can’t marry him because he can’t even speak Korean, uses chopsticks like a moron, and doesn’t know how to tell your Halmoni from his elbow. Will he be allowed to get within a thousand pyeongs of our family register? Hell, no!”

Plus production values were TER. RIB. BLE.

As usual, I can see it clearly in my mind’s eye . . . but of course, gentle reader, you cannot.

3 Likes

I found this unwitting suggestion, hope it hits the spot! :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I know I’m very late replying to this, but I’m only just reading through this topic. But I thought it would be remiss of not to reply and show you the YouTube channel linked below

If you like comparing real history to Hollywood films, you’ll probably like a YouTube channel called ‘history buffs’

As you can imagine some of the sins that Hollywood commits are pretty unbelievable :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I loved both Braveheart and Rob Roy, but wow did those movies mess with history.

Last of the Mohicans was a really great movie IMHO and it drew fairly accurately on historical information, but it made no attempt to stick to the early 1800s novel it was taken from.

It seems that, the more money Hollywood spends on making a movie, the less Hollywood desires truth, accuracy, fairness, and objectivity.

3 Likes
1 Like

I’ve long dropped the above drama, I just couldn’t get through watching.

This next one I’m recommending I’ve actually watched to the end. There is a chunk of an element missing, that goes into making any film. If you do watch, or have already watched, do you agree? I really can’t believe Allen Ren took on this script.

1 Like

Now that’s funny? :joy: Let’s stretch our imagination, could it be an ancient pagoda? :rofl::laughing::laughing::rofl:

2 Likes

I have to admit I like to watch the bad ones as wel as the good ones, watching a bad one is like a trainwreck you know is going to happen but you can’t turn away from

2 Likes

I would recommend:

Lo and Behold: The Silent Criminal
I seriously don’t understand what I was thinking before giving this drama a start. I had just finished The Sleuth of the Ming Dynasty, and I thought maybe to have another Crime, Mystery, Puzzle-Solving, whatsoever drama to watch. (You know what I mean.)

And, so I went to The Silent Criminal. First thing, I don’t know the reason of it being named so. I don’t see any silent criminal anywhere. :upside_down_face:

Second thing, the Comedy is amazing in this drama. I am serious on this note. If you want to have a good laugh, this one is a great choice for you. It’s amazing with its comedic style.

About, the story (the plot), don’t expect a great one from it. It is a 13-episodes drama. You miss somethings, some things are overboard, some things are never mentioned. The story is a lot lackey. The one storyline is all over the place… They just wanted to shove it on your face, but never got the chance to do so, I guess.

The Acting… It is good in that department. I would say so… For the actors and actresses to be in such characters, and actually pulling off those characters… I don’t see any reason for them not being awarded Oscar Awards. Acting is great… They really look like characters.

The CGI… There are a few times when you would experience… But, the entire blowing thing in the last episode… I don’t know… You can check it out…

You can just check it out…

2 Likes

Haha! I do! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I’ve also watched shows that was a find, and went looking for something similar, and got bamboozled. :rofl: I loved The Sleuth of the Ming Dynasty. Finding similar works is like mining on Viki. Sometimes you find gold, or whatever gem you’re mining, and other times you come up out the mountains empty.

Kind of like, here! Here! Here! :joy: Ha! They even gave themselves the hand. :raised_hand: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m just finishing off the last 3 episodes of New Life Begins (it may or may not be purely because Tian Xi Wei is FL :roll_eyes::point_right::point_left: ) but I just had at peek at your recommend and no sooner than EP.1 4:19sec in, I had to hit rewind as I thought I had already missed something and gotten confused :thinking:
No! It was a flashback to 3:51sec in terms of continuity! Seriously?! A flashback in under 5 minutes of a show to explain what happened to the trespassers that you were showing just some 25 seconds ago!! Wow…
I better go finish New Life first, as I’m getting the feeling I’m going to have to concentrate fully on this one and there maybe a test afterwards.

2 Likes