Looking for Viki Co-Channel Managers

I think I’m between level 3 and 4, depending on how Viki looks at this, so I’d like to hear from them about this.

As someone mentioned above, it would be great to get a indication of level somewhere on the profile

6 Likes

Hi everyone!
I’m Isa, I think I’m a level 4 CM, seasoned Italian Moderator and Editor and English GE in training. I would be happy to have a co-CM, I currently have a channel but all the process it’s already started, so it would be better to start fresh when and if I will have another channel, so feel free to contact me in the future.
About me =^_^=

9 Likes

This is a very good initiative and really useful for both sides.
! :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kiss:

6 Likes

Seeking co-channel manager position on an C drama. I have been at viki since 2009, and have managed multiple on-air K dramas of various lengths and movies and worked as a segmenter on K-. C-, J-, Es-, and Thai dramas. I have made over 1 million contributions at viki. I have been chief editor of about 350 K dramas and movies. As a manager of dramas and movies, my teams completed the series/ movies promptly in as many as 35 languages.
I am seeking co-managership of a C drama to qualify for Level 4 and Level 5 under the new viki guidelines.
You can reach me at Watch Korean Dramas, Chinese Dramas and Movies Online | Rakuten Viki
I am currently editing two K-dramas, one J-drama and have volunteered to do K subs on a recent K-drama. My time is almost unlimited because I am retired from employment.

11 Likes

Hello, everyone!

I’m Trang and I am at Level 4/5. I am experienced CM, English Chief Editor, English GE, and TE for Cantonese, Mandarin, and Vietnamese.

I’m willing to partner up with a Co-CM if they meet the requirements that Viki has set. I will work with you to build a team with an unbiased mindset and guide you to manage a successful channel at the same time building relationships.

I look forward to making new friends and working together to provide quality fan subtitles for all to enjoy.

https://contribute.viki.com/users/trangstar888/about

19 Likes

I’m a level 5 Channel Manager currently co-moderating with a mentee, but I’ll soon be available to mentor skilled and motivated co-channel managers eager to advance from levels 1 through 5. Feel free to send me a message!

12 Likes

I think they said that, to know your current level, you have to look at your past projects and compare them to what the level consists of (left column) to see whether you are of that level, not at the requirements (right column), which is for those who haven’t yet done the tasks of that level.
In that case, since you’ve already done a (great) number of level-5 projects, you don’t have to meet the new requirements. They are only for new people.
Unless I read that wrong. It is sure that the wording is somehow vague. I addressed this at my post on the other thread, so we might take this discussion there, in order not to be off-topic here.

7 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Özlem. I believe that being a co-CM is a great opportunity to gain more knowledge about how things work at Viki. If it’s not against the rules, I would love to work with different CMs on various projects before progressing to Level 2.

I am a positive person with a can-do attitude. I do my best to finish what I start.

I check my inbox daily and subtitle 4-5 times a week.

My profile

8 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m Niki (aka bailong :dragon_face:). I started my activity on Viki last year, and I was lucky to be the moderator and the editor of some drama. Now I would like to go one step higher, therefor I’m looking for an experienced CM who would accept me as her/his padawan. :see_no_evil:
So far I worked mostly on Chinese dramas. Previously I learned Chinese and I’m somewhere between hsk 3-4 level - so these dramas got closer to my heart.
As about my personality: My personality type is “architect”. I’m typically that kind of person, who like, if the job is done. If someone get into trouble, I’m that type of person, who will look for a solution, what will be beneficiary to everyone. That is also one of the reason, why I would like to try myself in this role.
I’m available and reachable every day.

If you think, I would be a good partner to you, you can find some info about my previous projects here: Bailong :dragon:

Thank you! :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

12 Likes

Hi everyone!
I’m Beatriz, I’m a level 4/5 CM. Anyone interested in being a CM, I can help you. I currently have a project as a CM in progress, but in the future if anyone wants to add me so I can help them, I’m available.

My profile

11 Likes

Hi dear, how are you? Send a message to @fsl_viki asking what level you’re at​:cherry_blossom::two_hearts:
I asked yesterday, and he responded to me very quickly! :star2::dizzy: (I’m at level 3)

3 Likes

Who will say what level we are at is @fsl_viki. You need to send him a message. I sent it on May 29th and he responded 24 hours later, saying that I am at level 4.
Ladies and gentlemen.
I hope you are well.
After submitting my details to “fsl_viki”, I was placed on level 4. I plan to co-manage a C drama (2 Chinese dramas on air) to qualify for level 5 under Viki’s new guidelines. I will be anxiously waiting for someone to accept me.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Ciao, everyone!
I’m Silvia. I’m very interested to become a Co-CM. I like to try new things :slight_smile:
I usually work on kdramas (no matter if Chinese, Korean or Japanese). I speak Italian and currently, I’ve been working as subtitler helping in two different teams.

Availability:
I’m a retired lady so no problem for me to work on Viki when needed.

My profile page:

Hoping to hearing from someone soon,
a big hug
Silvia

6 Likes

Hi there!

I’m Virginia, and I’ve been part of the Italian Community since 2020. After gaining experience as a Moderator and Editor, I’m eager to take the next step and contribute in a new role alongside an experienced Channel Manager. I’m an organized person (spreadsheets are my besties) and usually follow a schedule to fit all the things I have to do. While historical dramas (both Chinese and Korean) hold a special place in my heart, I’m happy to contribute to a variety of projects. I am also a student of Foreign Literature at the University (my passion for Asian languages in particular leads me to Viki). I’m highly available and responsive, checking messages frequently. Please feel free to reach out if you see a potential fit for a co-CM. :blush:

Thank you^^

My profile: Watch Korean Dramas, Chinese Dramas and Movies Online | Rakuten Viki

7 Likes

Hi, everyone! I’m Gisselle, and I have been a Viki volunteer since Feb 2023. I’m a Spanish subber, editor, and moderator. Also, I’ve worked as a GE and I’m currently in the process of becoming a segger. I would like to gain experience on managing channels, since I would like to try a little bit of everything here on Viki, and I’m also looking out to try new experiences, but I would like to have the guidance of an experienced CM. I don’t have a preference for dramas, since I like dramas from all countries and genres. I’m very active, meaning I’m available daily. If anyone would like to help, feel free to reach out. Thanks! :smiling_face:

My profile:

8 Likes

Hi everyone, :dizzy:

I’m Liliana, from Italy.

I first joined Viki as a regular user and gradually became interested in translation. More recently, I have started dedicating my time on Viki to moderation and editing. I don’t have a specific preference for genres. But, Korean dramas hold a special place in my heart since I saw Vincenzo, my first drama, that sparked my passion :revolving_hearts:.

Why am I here to gain experience in managing a channel? Mainly for two reasons: I have a natural curiosity, and I enjoy organizing projects and events. I have managed to make these two passions an integral part of my day-job through research, and I would love to do the same in the afternoons on Viki! :bat:

I believe that the more you know, the better. Just as stepping into the roles of editor and moderator has helped me grow as a subber, I hope that the experience as a co-CM will be equally beneficial.

Besides curiosity and project management, other aspects that I believe could help me as a co-CM include my knowledge of several languages, such as English and French. Additionally, I have been studying Korean for about three years, although I cannot call myself fluent yet.
Last but not least, I frequently check my inbox, so I am quite reachable! :innocent:

I have a fairly calm routine, so my availability is daily, with peak hours on weekends.

I hope I’ve provided a clear picture of my qualifications and suitability for this role. If you’re interested, here’s the link to my profile → Watch Korean Dramas, Chinese Dramas and Movies Online | Rakuten Viki

Thank you!

4 Likes

Good morning everyone:

I am Jesús, and I wish to gain experience as a CM, so I am leaving this post, in case anyone would like to consider me for this position. This will be part of my progress on Viki, since I am currently Gold QC.

I am a Spanish subtitler and I have moderated a program (Night of Hate Comments) and a film (Cosed School). I have time every day, at variable times, but generally between 06:00 - 12:00 a.m. (GMT).

I am sure that I can support you in moderating the channels because I am organized and have the time to manage these issues, as well as the desire to do so.

I leave you the link to my profile. Beforehand thank you very much. Greetings!

2 Likes

fILM INI SANGAT BAGUS, SAYA SAMPAI MENONTONNYA MENANGIS. uNTUNGNYA SAYA SELALU MENYEDIAKAN TISU PLENTY DAN TISU PLENTY

1 Like

Ok, here we go… Some of you know me already I’m a segger (a Level 1 sensei) Swedish moderator and and even a CS in training (ask Porkypine about that :wink:). I’m on Viki almost everyday because let’s be honest I know incredible people and I love the shows I’m able to work on (that said I honestly love helping my students the most).
I would be interested in anything romantic (GL/BL or just anything that makes me fuzzy), but let’s be honest a newbie can’t be picky, so if I haven’t scared you away I’m open to suggestions. :wink:

13 Likes