Looking for Viki Segmenters

Hi all,

I’m a segmenter but was absent for a long time :slight_smile: it would be really nice to find a project and work again with this amazing community.
If you need a segmenter please contact me @yassou
Thank you

Hello and welcome back. :slight_smile:
Since you’ve been away for so long, you might want to know that a lot has changed for segmenters. There are no unsubbed shows anymore so segmenting from scratch is not an option anymore. Nowadays, all we do is improve the segments that are already there.
All shows now have presubs in at least 2 languages (English + Portuguese) and sometimes even 4 (English, Portuguese. Spanish, and French.) All those languages have to be preserved during A&C (adjust & combine, the process of correcting the existing segments) because Viki doesn’t want the viewers to be without subtitles even for a moment. This means we have extra work and we need to pay extra attention in order not to lose subtitles (though the CS will save them in advance in case of emergency).
In case you are still interested, the NSSA has a course for old segmenters to make them familiar with the new ways. Alternatively, your CS could teach you. For your first show since your comeback, try looking for a show with only English and Portuguese subs.
I don’t have anything suitable to offer you at the moment, but some other CSs who might have a spot for you in their team (provided you are willing to learn the new ways) are @baepsae29 @bjohnsonwong @porkypine @maria_lavendula_77 @a_hauth_238 @lyam_88 @deval_chloe @iamsolyne

2 Likes

At the moment I don’t have a show that’s recruiting seggers, but don’t hesitate to contact me later on if you can’t find anything. @yassou The reason I became a CS is to help newbies (or seggers wanting to come back again).

2 Likes

Hi Mirjam_465,

thank you for your explanation :smiley: I will check first the course then I will contact the CSs to find a project.
wish you a nice day !

1 Like

Hi @maria_lavendula_77,

thank you !! I will for sure contact you or also feel free to comeback to me when you have a new project :smiley:
Have a nice day and hope to work with you soon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello! Hope you all are having a great day~
I graduated from NSSA segging academy not too long ago and I would like to join a project with at least 2 hours a week in mind.
Why’s that? Well, for someone who watches on viki quite a lot, I’d like to give back to the lovely community.
Link to profile: Watch K-Dramas, Korean Shows & Chinese Dramas | Rakuten Viki