More and more cigarette scenes in Korean dramas

When it comes to smoking specifically, my only counterargument would be that smoking is proven to affect not just yourself but also those around you in regard to health. In general, if people want to engage in risky behaviors, I’m not really going to be the one to dissuade them, as long as that behavior is not also putting others at risk.

6 Likes

I want to try soju, too. That doesn’t mean I’m going to drink forever. There is a culture of drinking… and there’s a lot of quality alcohol in Korea. If there is a fight against drinking in the country, there will be fewer such scenes in movies. It’s the same with smoking. About 15 years ago we had a fashion for smoking. Now the price of cigarettes has become a shock for many people. Even in airports you can’t smoke and in other places.

2 Likes

Two recently watched shows with smoking :smoking:
My Mister :smoking: A very good drama, and has a good ending. It came recommended from a post in discussion.

:warning: Obsessed :smoking: An adult content movie with full nudity, involving adultery between two marriages. You were warned. :warning:

3 Likes

I noticed this too. Thought it was weird that kdramas are now insinuating smoking. I saw it in some of the dramas mentioned above and also in the drama, Nevertheless with Song Kang’s character. Even the fl had a scene where she pretended to drag a smoke in front of ml because she didn’t want him to think she was, “uncool.”

Smoking is a huge turn off for me. I’m surrounded by neighbors that smoke. The unhealthiness of secondhand smoking can be more damaging than smoking it oneself. Blehhhh :confounded:

It’s unappealing to see the ml smoking. Nothing attractive about it.

8 Likes

Episode 2 :smoking: :pensive:
Screenshot_20211216-004405_Chrome
Screenshot_20211216-004410_Chrome

2 Likes