Most Famous food around the world

Hey guys and gals,
We all love food and beverages, And I mean every place is famous for their own speciality.
Paella Valenciana and Seafood from Spain or Pizza from Italy,
Or perhaps the famous Assam tea and Masala dosa from India , Ratatouille.,Crepes.,French baguettes.,Croissants from France. Tacos from Mexico, Poutine from Canada., Som tam from Thailand , Chicken rice from Singapore ,Fish and chips from United Kingdom. chips – you can never have just one! , Hangover stew from Korea , and of course Hotpot from China.
Please do tell me if I am forgetting an exotic dish from your country.
This speciality of every dish can only be special and unique if eaten in that respective country.
If you got to eat one dish (obviously your fav) what would it be?
Foodies around the world , let’s discuss FOOD!
Have a lovely day!! :wink: :smile:

8 Likes

hey sounds good to me!

1 Like

You forgot stamppot from The Netherlands! :wink:
There are many kinds of stamppot. It’s basically mashed potatoes with one or two kinds of mashed vegetables mixed in. It’s traditionally served with sausage or in some cases bacon or whatever, but I’m a vegetarian, so I don’t totally follow the tradition.

Hutspot is stamppot with carrots and onions. The meatballs shown in the video are vegetarian:

4 Likes

Wow ! I’ve never heard of it,
Thanks for letting me know, it sounds very tasty.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

In Norway we have fårikål it is made of humble pottage of boiled lamb and cabbage.

4 Likes

In the north of Germany
Kohlrouladen…

Fried potatoes with plaice filled…
Prawn? are very popular here, But not for me :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Haggis is probably the most famous dish from Scotland. It sounds disgusting but it is actually very tasty.

traditional_haggis

According to Wikipedia, it is the sheep’s heart, liver and lungs, with onion, oatmeal, suet (the fat from around a cow or sheep’s kidney), spices and salt. It’s mixed with a stock and it’s traditionally cooked inside a sheep’s stomach.

5 Likes

kerala’s speciality is its onasadya image

5 Likes

Looks interesting !

1 Like

it is an inevitable part of onam festival :drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

Guess!

1 Like

Frogs and escargots?

1 Like

cuisse de grenouille ?

Those all sound delicious if I may add, not sure if they are “famous” but I like them a lot

Pho from Vietnam
Souvlaki, Gyro (Greece)
Kimchi (Korean)
Haluski and pierogi (I live in an area where alot of Eastern European immigrated a long time ago)
Pupusa (El Salvador)
Sisig (Philippines)
Lau lau pork (Hawaii)
American BBQ (East Texas and Memphis are my faves)
Irish beef and Guiness stew
Kreplach (traditional Jewish stew)
Somosa, Shrimp Vindaloo (Indian)
Mexican sauces (mole, tomatillo etc)

I do have a confused (but happy) palate :laughing:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for letting me know about these amazing dishes. I hope 1 day I can try them ! : )

3 Likes

Wow! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Feel like trying it ??? :yum:

2 Likes

From Finland:

Karjalan piirakka with munanvoi:

5 Likes

Yes! When the world re-opens post this Covid-19 apocalypse, one of the things I want to do is go on a houseboat tour in Kerala. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

hope this pandemic will be over soon :innocent::innocent:

3 Likes