Most Famous food around the world

Good question, grins

4 Likes

Yes, itā€™s really infamous for itā€™s strong smell and recommended to open the can outside or under water.

2 Likes

I have honestly never tried it. But if I ever is at a crayfish party again where someone opens a can I might give it a try.

2 Likes

Give us a review if that happens! :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah please do. grins I will if I do.

3 Likes

In many korean dramas i have seen restaurants where people cook food on their own. I have never seen such in our areas. Does such restaurants exist in other countries too???

1 Like

are u trying to use emoji, isnt it working? try putting space between the nearest word and colon

3 Likes

Bless your heart. No, it is like my trademark thing to do. It is a habit of mine. Sorry if it annoy you.

3 Likes

There are places you can put your own toppings on for stuff but not cook it yourself.

2 Likes

No,not annoying. i thougt u had a problem , thats all. Keep on doing your trademark :+1::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Well it was sweet of you to double checkā€¦
Anyway, what is everyoneā€™s favorite candy and what are some cool foreign desserts/candies that you have tried?

3 Likes

You also have Chinese hotpot, where you ā€œcookā€ your own food in the restaurant.

3 Likes

Jelly beans taste Awesome .It is a type of candy. Then there is apple pie and smores.:yum: amazing.apple%20pie Apple pies.
jb Jelly beans!!
And last but not least- Sā€™MORES
smoresw

4 Likes

I love those too. I have tried many different candies. My family really likes poki sticks. I have boba/bubble tea, not the biggest fan of it but it is pretty good. I have tried some different kinds of Russian chocolate. I love Baklava( Greek) Super tasty. I have tried Gulab jamun pretty good too. I donā€™t know, I canā€™t think of everything I have triedā€¦

2 Likes

What is that?

Me too. In my former city I used to live nearby a Russian shop. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve always been told baklava is Turkish ā€¦ :thinking:

Never heard of it.

Did you try any Dutch treats? :relaxed:

3 Likes

I found Poki sticks through a Thai nurse ik, I donā€™t know if they are Thai but they might be. Glico Pocky Chocolate Covered Biscuit Sticks 2.47oz : Target
That is pretty nice you got to try some Russian chocolate. I had a Russian neighbor that also got me some tiny ice cream things I canā€™t remember the name of at all.
Really? My Greek friend told me there were greek. Hmm maybe I misunderstood. I can Google it later.
Gulab Jamun : image I had some at this really good Indian place near me. Itā€™s like a more cakey version of donuts in syrup. Itā€™s texture is a lot less doughy.
Have I tried any Dutch treats? Yes, Oliebollen. Although the person who made it found a recipe online. So, I am not sure if that counts.

3 Likes

Ok, I just spent a bit googling it, It seem there is some debate over who made baklava. Interestings. There are small differences between Turkish as Greek recipes. That is fascinating.

3 Likes

Oh, cool! We especially eat them to celebrate the New Year! :sparkler::sparkler::fireworks:
Did you enjoy them?

I wonder what the insiders would say about the matter. @irmar @rose_shn What do you think? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

baklava is nice

2 Likes

I strongly believe itā€™s best if we donā€™t go into that sort of conversation.
After all, the two peoples have lived side by side for centuries and they influenced each other. Some things came from here, some things came from there, some things from elsewhere (Persia for pilaf, Arabia for coffeeā€¦), and they were perfected in different ways in the two countries.

7 Likes