Movie Watch Party - "The Dude in Me" Tonight, Nov. 11, 7 PM Eastern

Long Ballad Tonight 7 pm Eastern -

BADDIE better not cry :sob:

4 Likes

EEek! Itā€™s already 3:30 pm now! 1 1/2 hours to cook something! Iā€™ll be there.

3 Likes

Hau Do Watches Over You!

Hahha, then your mom tooā€¦
Hahhahahah

Donā€™t miss the movie this Sunday!
9:30 pm

@shraddhasingh
If you have time, come and join us,
Ravivaar shaam ko saade nau bhaje

3 Likes

Oopsie Padma!
Thank you for the invitation but I am busy in settling down at my new home. Iā€™ll take some more days (maybe) before I join WPs again.

4 Likes

OMG turning on comments AND the chitchat during a Watch Party!?! PLUS subtitles?!? hahahaha I think I am crazy for thinking about trying to read all that at the same time! :crazy_face: :laughing:

4 Likes

nooo hahaha, I canā€™t!!
Iā€™m just turning on the comments sometimes but alone, not at watch parties!!! hahaha

4 Likes

Is it even an option to turn on TCs during a watch party? Iā€™ve never noticed. That would be a little overkill. As it is, when I watch with TCs, I often end up pausing the playback just so I can read the comments. LOL

3 Likes

I donā€™t think so and I do the same, some of those comments are just hilarious!

4 Likes

Hotties In Real Time

1 Like

this reminds me of that one awesome DOTS WP we had joined, where I was trying to watch the drama, read the subtitles, chitchat on the TCs, AND listen to the Discord voice chat going on over the dramaā€™s audio :joy::joy: I remember having the TIME of my life!

2 Likes

hau%20do%20and%20princess

I need to keep our Long Ballad at 7 pm on Sunday!!! We will try to finish if we can or we might have a couple eps left for Monday!!!

7 pm Long Ballad Sunday, 11-7!!! Canā€™t Wait!

@natyh
@porkypine90_261
@brainbuster
@my_happy_place

4 Likes

They are changing the TIME again Sunday Nov 7th! Daylight savings time is over.
I forget which direction we goā€¦ so irritating. I think we get to sleep in for one hour Sunday?

2 Likes

fall back yes -

fall back (turn clocks back and gain an hour) on the first Sunday in November (at 2:00 A.M.).

I have a meeting with a friend at 5 pm on Sunday so we need to stay at 7 pm for Sundays Long Ballad!

2 Likes

As the saying goes: Fall back and spring forward. That much I can remember, but I never remember when it happens, exactly. My state voted to do away with daylight savings time a couple years ago, but we have to get federal approval to do so, and that hasnā€™t happened yet, so we still must follow this annoying ritual.

3 Likes

Yea. Iā€™ve heard that but It doesnā€™t make sense to me you could fall forward and spring back too.

ANYWAY!

The REAL reason I am posting is We HAVE to do a movie night for this one! I LOVE Hong Kong movies! So silly!

I am segging, ā€˜Kidnap Ding Ding Donā€™ right now HILARIOUS! And as the two ajummas, oogling out the window at a very buff guy hosing off in the yard, say.

• "What a piece of meat!
  • Theyā€™re muscles
    - Muscles?
  • That is not human.
    - Not at all.ā€™
  • Then what is he?
    - A man?
  • Ridiculous. Youā€™re married but Iā€™m not. Leave!" :rofl: (Kicks her friend out of the window so she does not have to share the view.)
4 Likes

Thatā€™s hilarious! And so us. :rofl:

As for ā€˜fall backā€™, youā€™re right, you could technically fall forward, but ā€˜Fall Backā€™ is an actual phrase used to mean ā€˜retreatā€™ or ā€˜withdrawā€™. Just saying that fallback is a common, well-known word/phrase, not just two random words put together, so it would be easier to remember.

4 Likes

This reminds me of Denzel Washingtonā€™s speech to the graduating class of Penn State Uni a few years ago. He encouraged the students to ā€œFall forwardā€.
I chose to deliver his speech for an assignment two years ago, so I donā€™t remember it very well, but I loved the idea of ā€œfalling forwardā€

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a useful life skill, if you put it that way. Iā€™m currently sitting here watching college football, and that is a sport in which it is also important to try to fall forward. Now Iā€™m going to confuse myself. Hahaha

4 Likes

It is only well known to those who know th slogan. :laughing: Those of us who donā€™t, just scratch our heads and say, ā€œWHAā€¦?ā€

3 Likes