Mr. Sunshine IS One Cinematic Drama!

With a beautiful MV to boot.
Also, I really appreciate how it’s presented, with an ultra-wide aspect ratio.
It’s a shame that Viki couldn’t get it, but even if they had, I’m sure they would have cut it down to fit standard screens. No thank you!
Netflix has the drama, though, and the platform fully supports 18:9, ultra-wide devices.

https://youtu.be/zwvUnK-agb4

1 Like

@angelight313_168
When you get the chance, watch it. It’s on Netflix in the US-only for now. Worldwide on the 19th.

1 Like

I just watched the first episode (on a friendly site which has to remain unnamed). It was awesome indeed. They must have poured money into this one.
And… I almost understood who was who. Almost.

2 Likes

found it going to watch it now! THANKS!

1 Like

:laughing: #WhenOneNeedsToWriteNotes :heart:

3 Likes

Was thinking of waiting till it’s finished so I could marathon it but no due this post I decided to watch it now because it seems so cool :grin:

1 Like

I was able to see only 2 episodes so I guess we need to wait for the rest of it. So far is really great and the fact that is Lee Byung Hun the main guy, all the better. He’s an amazing actor and his english is almost prefect. The only thing, I hate is the fact that most of his dramas he dies or his main girl dies. …:frowning:

Here it is- [ENG SUB+Bengali+Lyrics] Mr Sunshine (2018) OST Part 1 Park Hyo Shin 그 날 (The Day) MV (Translated by me in English & Bengali from Korean lyrics–spending the last night --sorry in advance if there’s any silly mistake :slight_smile: )
https://youtu.be/b8CQElyv4iQ

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! is kind of sad song but is so perfect with the drama.

1 Like

Definitely! I really want to watch it, but I can’t wait an entire week for the next episode. I just want to binge the whole thing. Oh, the drama of my life…

2 Likes

I have just started watching it. looks good so far. and wide screen ,yes! Netflix did it good, as for waiting for episodes, I watch something else till it comes on again. waiting is not good. I agree.

2 Likes

It gets better and better by the week . I started to watch again from episode 1 bc I want to make sure I didn’t miss anything.The flashbacks are amazing! Episode 6 is the best so far.

2 Likes

I did not plan on watching this kdrama mainly because I thought the female lead wasn’t a good match to the male lead. First episode in, I was completely blown away by the cinematography! 6 episodes later and I couldn’t stop thinking about this drama. I love how the acting is not over the top and yet very powerful. My new favorite!

3 Likes

@ rifat_kabir

Great English translation!

Every time I hear this song I feel like crying bc is so sad, and the lyrics make me want to cry even more. I can see this drama will break my heart with the ending.

THE DAY by: PARK HYO SHIN

Even in the cruel sunshine, it was a beautiful spring.
On the breathless field, petals are blooming in red.
Even in an endlessly long night; I will be covered in blue.
Even the mean dream will leave me again
On the day when all the wind will stop blowing
On the day I will be allow to long for you
I will call you
From my gentle heart
May it be at the end of this life
May it be the day that won’t come
I will call you
By a sleepless name
The difference between us will be painful for another us
It’s our destiny that we will aim at each other,
so I will close my eyes at some point.
On the day when all the wind will stop blowing
On the day I will be allowed to long for you
I will call you
From my gentle heart
May be at the end of this life
May be at the day that won’t come
I will call you
By a sleepless name
In my barren sea
The scarlet sun has come down just once
I won’t forget my remote dream
That I couldn’t achieve
May be at the end of this life
On the day when we will be one finally
I will call then
All of my radiating blue pain

By the way, I’m glad I started watching again bc I missed some parts and they were crucial to understanding other parts I was confused with. The special effects, NY scenes and the boat amazing work of art! They need to bring it here at RAKUTEN VIKI. Let’s request the license here!

2 Likes

I think the fact that Kim Tae Ri was an unknown actress greatly contributed to my experience while watching this drama. I had no preconceptions on her character and couldn’t compare her to anything I’ve seen before. Than was quite refreshing.

3 Likes

I just recently7 started this one, really a good one.

2 Likes

Episode 7 and 8 are awesome! Don’t miss it!

I confused her name with another actress but I see she’s a newbie. She makes a great compliment couple with Lee Byung Hun. Although the age gap is 20 years, he’s very attractive which helps a lot.

I wonder if she does her own stunts.