♪♫ Musical Expertise in South Korea is Extraordinary

Makgeolli 🎶 😳

@mirjam_465! There is a song!? :rofl::fire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rfdwvtSP2o

2 Likes
Bottoms up!

Well, there are so many songs out there about wine, beer and whiskey so why not makgeolli, hahaha? :joy:

2 Likes
Right!?🥂🍻 !

https://c.tenor.com/IycahZMsX7YAAAAM/seth-meyers-right.gif

1 Like

In case you are not yet familiar with the hottest new trend in Korean music, here is Korean Unnie explaining the K-trot. Definite makgeolli music.:wink:

3 Likes

“Han” was also mentioned in this movie:

2 Likes

I am glad you mentioned this movie. I meant to watch it but got busy and forgot all about it.

2 Likes

It’s definitely worth watching. :slight_smile:

The reason we hide

To keep the thread on topic. Psst! or you can use these threads (*❛‿❛)☞👇🏾
Wanna Segue but can't? (☞*❛ ͜ʖ❛)☞Bring That Discussion's, Post's, Link Here 😉!

Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

That was hilarious!! Yes, Ive heard about trot before also in Kdramas and it is a unique style of singing. Some songs are fun, some are too emotional… like for “grannies”, lol. And definitely with makgeolli :cocktail:

1 Like

If you watched Zombie Detective, perhaps you might remember Miss Trot Song Ga In’s cameo appearance.

Also from Zombie Detective is “Jjin-ee-ya” by Yeong Tak. The kids were so cute singing this song.

1 Like

Gaho again… my favorite Korean soloist!
I can’t believe I like his live band versions much better than the studio ones! I love the way he infuses his own style into the covers he does… I love most of his covers more than the original songs :sweat_smile:. It’s like he puts all his soul into the music. He collabs a lot with the band KAVE. They’re wonderful, too!

This is his own song:

4 Likes

I just discovered this version of “I Dreamed A Dream” from Les Misérables. I love it!

2 Likes

I’m a fan of GaHo. He’s a brilliant live performer!

2 Likes

A song that will give me goosebumps in any version, this one included. Beautiful.

2 Likes

I’m in that group of people to, @my_happy_place. This is definitely one of the most amazing song written.

2 Likes

GaHo super! BTS-super.super and super!!!

2 Likes

HENRY, Korea

3 Likes

Just discovered this wonderful old show… the kids are AMAZING!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of crossover classical and popular music. Just today, I came across the below South Korean classical quartet called Forestella. Their sound is magnificent!

For those interested, the melody for Nella Fantasia was written by Italian composer Ennio Morricone for the 1986 film called The Mission. It’s original title is Gabriel’s Oboe. After hearing the original, Sarah Brightman (once married to Andrew Lloyd Weber) added some lyrics, and Nella Fantasia was born.

3 Likes

Not Korean, but worth mentioning, Zhou Shen, a Chinese singer who studied Bel canto at the conservatory in Lviv, Ukraine.

1 Like