Name a drama everyone liked but you hated/dropped

Ok so I just dropped. Welcome to Waikiki. Maybe I am just to old for that kind of humor but I just got tired of the one guy having so much stupid stuff happening to him. I just cannot watch it anymore!

2 Likes

OMG I think the exact same thing as you! I just couldnā€™t stand the FL (or just the actress??) and theML. I was very disappointed because it was so boring and long. The only scenes I liked were with the other characters: the 2nd couple and the chaebol but we didnā€™t see them enough for my taste :confused:

1 Like

You need to watch Jackpot, six flying dragons, warrior baek dong su, and splendid politics if you havenā€™t already.

Honorable mention goes to tree with deep roots.

4 Likes

If you really wanna cry watch Tree of Heaven. Every ep I went through a box of tissues.

3 Likes

They seemed to have renamed it on Viki, am I right?

2 Likes

Tree of Heaven is great! Sometimes I want to rewatch it but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll be able to handle the heartache šŸ„²

2 Likes

2gether, I donā€™t actually ā€œhateā€ it but Iā€™m wondering why it was so popular. I mean if only staring at Bright is considered watching it, LOL

The plot had no pull or anticipation. Iā€™m dragging my feet trying to finish S2.

2 Likes

To answer your question in a round about way, what was your first BL? Do you have a sort of nostalgic feeling about it? 2gether was one of the first BLs released after lockdown started in many countries, and ended up being the first BL for A LOT of people. At the time of release there was a lot of hype about it and new BL watchers got caught up in the world of BL, but the people whoā€™d been watching for years had a more blasĆ© attitude towards it. Personally I thought Bright and Win were sweet, so I liked it, and I liked S2 the first time around, and even though Iā€™d watch S1 again, I doubt Iā€™d do more than skim through S2, if I even did that.

1 Like

The first official BL I watched was TharnType. I donā€™t have much of a nostalgic feeling for it. I watched it I think around the time it was at itā€™s peak. Everyone was raving about it and MewGulf was literally everywhere on Thai ent. variety, news and talk shows. I checked it out to see what the hype was about.

It was entertaining I didnā€™t like or dislike it, but Gulfā€™s character made me cringe a lot. Particularly the profanity was overkill for me. It didnā€™t sound natural. So, after this I just kind of ignored BL in general. Until I started to TE on Viki again. Now Iā€™m surrounded by BL. The series that made dive into it fully is Kinnporsche. :sweat_smile: After getting antsy waiting for KP each week, I watched a lot of the ā€œpopularā€ ships to see what the hype around BL is about.

I can say Iā€™m now a ZonZon, Babii & whatever MileApoā€™s ship is called. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Why do the ships have such weird names, seriously where does ZonZon come from. Someone says Zon and I think Why R U

2 Likes

LOL I havenā€™t found the answer yet. Might have to ask one of the og fans. :sweat_smile:

Edit: FOUND THE ANSWER, itā€™s because NuNew is a playful naughty kid so the fandom is named ZonZon. ā€œZonā€ means playful/naughtiness in Thai. :rofl:

Fandom names come from the most random things. I wonder if they have like a name selection event like kpop idols do. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I may have already said this but Storm Eye is one I am watching but often think why??
There are parts that the dialogue is so mundane. The personal back stories is what keeps me going. LOL

2 Likes

:sunglasses:
The pleasures are not criticized, everyone has their preferences/ weaknesses and I respect them.
It doesnā€™t make sense to go into details when and how I started closely following the Asian dramatic art, but I can say that I saw a lot of movies/series/theatres/festivals.
Back to the topic.
Regarding series/films (on Viki) that I have seen, I can say that - when something gets boring, the repetitive frames from numerous angles (in Chinese dramas are almost ā€œmandatoryā€) etc. I move the cursorā€¦ simple, but I still go until the end of the movie/series.
I read almost everything that was written above and I strengthened my conviction and that of my acquaintances that, indeed, I have a lot of patienceā€¦
However, even if I am a ā€œmountain of patienceā€ I still could not watch the series ā€œI Am Reiko Shiratori! - Shiratori Reiko de Gozaimasu!ā€ā€¦itā€™s the only one, no matter how hard I tried, was beyond my power. I promise that, someday, I will return to itā€¦ somedayā€¦

2 Likes

Dramas Everyone Loves But You Donā€™t:

My Love From The Stars- couldnā€™t make it past ep. 2 I didnā€™t like the FL character. Everyone kept saying she was so fabulous, quirky and ā€œreal,ā€ but I just could not get into the drama or her.

Goblin- Dropped it. The age gap premise for the main CP was questionable for me, and then the plot justā€¦ I couldnā€™t get into it and was bored. I forced myself to keep going because everyone else was raving about it and how fantastic it was, but I still couldnā€™t get into it and so I dropped it after a few eps.

Love 020- I was watching this on a group watch, so I kept going longer than I would have normally. Some of the attitudes and actions of the main leads kind of bothered me. ML came off as too controlling at times. FL sometimes felt immature. The kiss scenes were awful, especially the big kiss scene in the office where I felt I was watching a sexual assault in progress rather than a sweet moment between 2 lovers. Supporting characters were often annoying. Real life issues intervened and I had to leave the group watch at Ep 20. I have never returned to this drama in the years since.

It would be interesting to know the opposite of this question: Dramas Everyone Hates, But You Love:

Nevertheless: This drama got so much hate when it was airing, but I really liked it. I just did a rewatch not long ago.

The Smile Has Left Your Eyes: Another polarizing drama which got so much hate when it aired. I loved it. It was the only time I have been attacked in discussion boards for liking a drama.

2 Likes

:wink: ā€¦awesomeā€¦you lit up my night :grinning:

2 Likes

For me was ā€œRun Onā€ and ā€œW: Two Worldsā€. I slept every time I tried to watch W, and Run On I just finished because of the second couple. The main role was just boring and have no chemistry.

2 Likes

Are there any dramas everyone hates, but you love @daccrismel_71 ?

1 Like

Welcome @nathportella!

I havenā€™t seen W: Two Worlds, but I understand where you are coming from with Run On. I liked Run On, but I agree the main CP could have used a bit more spice.

3 Likes

There are many, far too many that I likedā€¦ it was easier for me to name the one, otherwise the only one, that I did not follow in full.
Anyway, your answer came on time, being still at the office and having a lot of work, you made me laugh out loud, what a turnā€¦ :grinning: :hugs: :revolving_hearts:
Maybe because in reality interpersonal experiences can be summed up in 3 categories:
people who are transient and leave nothing memorable behind them,
people who appear in our lives as a blessing and whom we remember with pleasure
and
the last category is that of people on that life sends us as lessons, those that leave painful and deep tracesā€¦
In art I also like to discover ā€the moldā€, ā€the mudā€ā€¦ but also what good comes out of them, and especially how far the screenwriter/director/artist goes, where he dig, squirms and how much he can conveyā€¦
What more can I say?
:grinning: :hugs: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

that ā€œwā€ one I thought it would be a good one, but was I ever wrong. too much going back & forth stuff. ,I will get my list and share it later

1 Like